PDA

View Full Version : leaking through fill nipple

alf
02-02-2002, 09:50 PM
i have a leak that i need some help with.

i have this PMI tank that im attempting to fill with HPA, it fills fine, but, when i take it off the fill station, it leaks through the fill nipple.

i have taken the nipple off, pushed out the lil piston, oiled the o-ring on the piston, cleaned the piston and the inside of the fill nipple...

still leaks...the shop at the field replaced the o-ring on the piston, same problem.

anyone have the same problem?

how can i fix it?

virus
02-02-2002, 10:52 PM
best bet would be to get a whole new fill nipple...

as to why its doing that... ya got me but a whole new nipple with a new back check should do the trick

Dubstar112
02-03-2002, 12:45 AM
if you dont bleed the fill station fast enough somtimes the poppit doesnt seal.. try bleeding it quicker. Then make sure its not too cold out.. In ny it gets cold enough in the winter to make orings useless..

alf
02-03-2002, 07:11 AM
virus - i think thats what im gonna do...got any recommendations for where i can find one?

dubstar - i hadnt thought of that...thanks!

Thordic
02-04-2002, 07:34 AM
Are you sure its leaking THROUGH the nipple and not from around the edges?

virus
02-04-2002, 08:39 AM
like thordic firt check to make sure that the leak is not from around the edges....

as for findin a fill nipple your local paintball shop should have them...

if they do and they use loctite to keepo it in there remember to give it 24 hours before filling to make sure it is set.....

if teflon tape just make sure ya keep the tape away from the end of the threads....

alf
02-04-2002, 02:08 PM
yeah guys, i can feel it when i cover it with my finger...i can make it whistle sometimes...lol...

thanks, though!! ;)

the JoKeR
02-04-2002, 02:16 PM
I don't know if they work, but I have seen ads for fill nipple filters. Basically it's a removable filter that snaps inbetween the air line and the fill nipple. Put in on before filling, take it off afterwards and it's supposed to keep contaminants out of the tank. Not a bad idea, in theory. I've had to replace only one fill nipple so far on a 2 year old tank.

Thordic
02-04-2002, 02:18 PM
I'd just get a new fill nipple. If you checked the little jimmyjabob in there and made sure it was ok, then just get a new one and save yourself the trouble.

(Note: jimmyjabob is my utility word, you know, like a thingamajigger. I know its called a poppet, but poppet sounds like some sort of weird muffin food. :) )

than205
02-04-2002, 02:59 PM
do you have cover that you usually have on the nipple while playing?
before I got a cover for mine a piece of shell got between the (for lack of better term) seat and stem of the fill nipple. What I did was drain the tank completely and then remove the fill nipple. It was then that I found the piece of shell. After that my tank was fine. At the very least it is something you can check. good luck...