PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Rail fore grip

Tym
09-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Hey People, I'm buying a Phoenix body and rail here in the BST section. I'm wondering what kind of fore grip do I need for this rail? In all pictures of the Phoenix rail I've ever seen, it;s milled out in the front. A big hole right through the rail.. What do I used to mount a fore grip in there? Or do I just Fab myself a plate? Thanks for the help guys..

Ando
09-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Any Mag fore grip or ASA will do the job.

Tym
09-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Any Mag fore grip or ASA will do the job.

Even though it has a big hole there? how does an asa or foregrip bolt in? there's no place for a bolt to go..

AM/MM or RT? or single flat bottom like the tac?

Ando
09-10-2009, 12:39 AM
What hole are you talking about brother. They have a slot that goes down it but no hole that I've ever seen.
http://www.ezcreation.ca/Selling/Mai09/005.JPG

Frizzle Fry
09-10-2009, 01:13 AM
What hole are you talking about brother. They have a slot that goes down it but no hole that I've ever seen.

Looks like the big slot/hole thing he's mentioning to me :)

I'm guessing it accepts both Classic (single bolt) and R/T Pro (double bolt) style foregrips, and that they can be mounted anywhere along that slot... Right? Basically it can be really close to the frame, or far from it? This is all conjecture of course, but I'm looking at the picture and that is my guess.

Must be a pain to keep clean. I'm pretty anal about cleaning my markers, but the way I play that ULE milling would be so full of dirt and crud by the end of the day that it'd be heavier than a stock rail :p

Tym
09-10-2009, 01:45 AM
Looks like the big slot/hole thing he's mentioning to me :)

I'm guessing it accepts both Classic (single bolt) and R/T Pro (double bolt) style foregrips, and that they can be mounted anywhere along that slot... Right? Basically it can be really close to the frame, or far from it? This is all conjecture of course, but I'm looking at the picture and that is my guess.

Must be a pain to keep clean. I'm pretty anal about cleaning my markers, but the way I play that ULE milling would be so full of dirt and crud by the end of the day that it'd be heavier than a stock rail :p

Sweet dude, Thanks. That's just what I needed to know. :headbang:

Ando
09-10-2009, 05:34 AM
Ya....If the slot is the "hole" you’re talking about then don't worry about it. Any fore grip will work. If you happen to get an ASA or a fore grip like the Deadlywinds with the dual screw setup, you might want to put washers under the screw heads to keep yourself from messing up your rail. The screws are a little small and might pull through the slot if you accidently hit it in the wrong why like sliding in a bunker or what not. Trust me, I've done it before :rolleyes:
The reason for the long slot is so you can adj the grip to your liking.

Tym
09-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Ya....If the slot is the "hole" you’re talking about then don't worry about it. Any fore grip will work. If you happen to get an ASA or a fore grip like the Deadlywinds with the dual screw setup, you might want to put washers under the screw heads to keep yourself from messing up your rail. The screws are a little small and might pull through the slot if you accidently hit it in the wrong why like sliding in a bunker or what not. Trust me, I've done it before :rolleyes:
The reason for the long slot is so you can adj the grip to your liking.

Yeah that makes sense.. Thanks man! I'll probably put a washer or 2 in there. Depending on what ASA I use.. I'll most likely stick with a AM/MM ASA, But you never know I might use the RT..

Well, I've just sent payment, and I'm soon to be the owner of a new Phoenix rail/body, rt sear/pin and a 3000psi 88CI bottle :)

Guess I'll end up selling my ripper body soon.. Wonder how much they go for, just the body no rail, might toss in the RT rail..

Thanks for all the help guys.

georgeyew
09-11-2009, 09:41 AM
If you are using the AM/MM ASA, there will be a gap where it meets the rail due to the "wings" that sit in a regular rail. But it will still look fine. That's the way it is with my Phoenix.

Shirow
09-11-2009, 10:56 AM
That thing is very pretty :)