PDA

View Full Version : Pneu build

Ebbed
09-11-2009, 08:31 PM
OK so in anticipation for my pneu build I have watched every video, looked at every picture, and read every thread. There is only one nagging questions regarding the placement of the actuator. I ordered lukes ram (don’t know if this makes a difference) I noticed pneumagger likes to place it in, then press the sear where the sear triggers the on/off to move it into the correct place then levels it out. I have noticed others who seated there’s on a downward angle. The reason I’m asking is it seems like you would be more likely to “short stroke” if your rams travel is to long (not to mention possibly damaging your on/off assembly) does anyone out there mount there piston with the ram fully extended so at the end of its travel is the tripping point for the on/off? Maybe I’m becoming OCD about this but I really don’t want to drill a bunch of extra holes because I couldn’t get my piston seated correctly.

ALSO anyone else use a ULT with their setup?

flyingpootang
09-11-2009, 08:51 PM
I angle mine towards the bottom of the sear leg. Hitting the bottom of the sear leg gives you the best possible leverage. As for using a full stroke of the MPA-3 and worrying about damaging your on/off is not going to happen. The MSV-2 pressure stroke is controlled by the LPR. When positioning your MPA-3 be sure to leave a small gap between your sear leg and the piston or you may get short stroking. I used a ULT in my Pneu before and found it to be more trouble than a benefit. I use a standard RT on/off with a .750 pin....

Ebbed
09-11-2009, 08:54 PM
why did u find it troublesome?

flyingpootang
09-12-2009, 10:45 AM
I took a xvalve w/ult out of a mech mag and put it in my pneu and it would short stoke when fanning the trigger. Others have had good sucesse and others didn't using a ULT.