PDA

View Full Version : Best place to put in oil if you're not using a screw in?

Shirow
09-14-2009, 08:58 AM
I have a quick disconnect w/ slide check directly connected to my valve. I'm using a flatline tank. I generally try to put a few drops in the macroline but it's tough to get more than a couple in with the small diameter of the hose.

I've tried dripping it into the macroline fitting itself, but most of it tends to blow out.

Do you think putting a couple of drops into the macroline closest to the valve each time I play is the best method? I know most people recommend directly into the ASA but I don't have one :)

Mongoose
09-14-2009, 09:11 AM
i add the oil in the macro fitting connected to the valve, unless its a P-mag then i add the oil to the asa.

Shirow
09-14-2009, 09:17 AM
i add the oil in the macro fitting connected to the valve, unless its a P-mag then i add the oil to the asa.

That's pretty similar to what I've been doing, just don't have a macro fitting on my valve because of the quick disconnect. I don't think there is much other choice other than my current method, just worried I'm not getting enough oil through it.

fishmishin
09-14-2009, 10:26 AM

Same here. The only thing is that with running a flatline with no slide check there is normally around 200psi still left in the line. I use a 3/8" wrench to push in on the macro line 90 to bleed the air off, then take the macro line out. I want to go back to braided, but I want to pick up some heat shrink for it first. Anyone have any of the AO heat shrink left?

I may not be completely understanding your set up though. You have a QD w/slide check hooked up with macro line running to it from the flatline. I think you would be able to just put a few drops in the QD fitting, and you will still get plenty to the valve, and the QD would stay well oiled also.

Shirow
09-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Same here. The only thing is that with running a flatline with no slide check there is normally around 200psi still left in the line. I use a 3/8" wrench to push in on the macro line 90 to bleed the air off, then take the macro line out. I want to go back to braided, but I want to pick up some heat shrink for it first. Anyone have any of the AO heat shrink left?

I may not be completely understanding your set up though. You have a QD w/slide check hooked up with macro line running to it from the flatline. I think you would be able to just put a few drops in the QD fitting, and you will still get plenty to the valve, and the QD would stay well oiled also.

Yeah, I do that sometimes but I tend to get a bit of oil blowing out of the fitting and onto my body if I put it directly into a fitting vs into the macro line. Just annoys me to see oil spatter on my nice gun :)

fishmishin
09-14-2009, 10:37 AM
That is understandable. I never thought about putting a QD on with macro line, so thanks for the idea. I would rather go back to braided though since I am pushing 1000psi out of my flatline. So did you post any pics of your new build and I just missed them. If not then post em up, lets see it !!!