PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframe/bolt leak issue

druid
09-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Ok. I am waiting on an ORing kit I bought, hopefully that will fix my problem. In the meantime, Mag gurus, help me out please...

I have a 13bps Hyperframe on my ProClassic Mag. I'm using the on/off that came with the frame. The valve is the standard AM/MM valve and I'm using a foamie bolt (guessing Level 7). I'm using my 114/45 that is full (4100 psi in the tank) and the valve is the FUKU model from GuerrillaAir. The bottle works fine on all other markers, so I eliminated that.

What's happening is that I fire off 4-5 shots and then the bolt won't reset....and it leaks down the barrel.

Thinking it might be the sear, I switched back to my CF frame [and the on/off that goes with it]. I did the pull the trigger and hold it and it doesn't leak....but it still reacts the same way after my 4-5 shots....bolt holds open and leaks down the barrel.

Thinking it might be the bolt spring, I tried the other 3 that I have. It still does the same thing.

Like I said, I ordered a parts kit and I'm hoping that settles my problem but if anyone has help, it's greatly appreciated.

Coralis
09-14-2009, 07:47 PM
this sounds like an alignment issue that could be caused by over/under tightened field strip and grip frame screws or warped rail etc or it could be caused by a missing bushing where the field strip screw goes through the rail.

druid
09-15-2009, 02:23 AM
this sounds like an alignment issue that could be caused by over/under tightened field strip and grip frame screws or warped rail etc or it could be caused by a missing bushing where the field strip screw goes through the rail.

Ok on the screws, I'll check that.

I can't imagine what would warp the rail...I'm not abusive on my gear and it doesn't get anywhere near the kind of heat or cold that could do that to aluminum...

As to the busing, that's intact [prolly should have mentioned that earlier].

Thanks for the answer. I'll look at the screws tomorrow.

BigEvil
09-15-2009, 06:33 AM
Sounds like bolt stick. If the screw thing doesnt work, try a larger powertube spacer. If it has a powertube spring, replace it with a new one.