PDA

View Full Version : Still cant get screw out!!

fsuboy3
02-02-2002, 10:30 PM
HELP anyone i cant get the frame screw out. I have tried everything i evn put a slit in it to use a flat head and tht hasnt worked. can anyone help me out on this?

virus
02-02-2002, 10:46 PM
well i would say your best bet now would be to goto your local paintball shop and have them do it......

DISCLAIMER... i am not responsible in any way if you use the following info... if done improperly could damage your marker....

ok now that that is said.....

you could cut the head of the screw off and then use locking pliers to remoce what is left of the screw..... it sounds like someone may have used loctite to keep the screw in.... once the grip frame is off, apply heat to the screw in order to loosen any thread locker on it and then remove with pliers....

and remember kids righty tighy - lefty lossey

unseenunheard
02-03-2002, 10:03 PM
and if that still doesn't get it, a drill and tap works wonders.
thats a last resort though for any occassion but its how i would get it out.

Autotrigger
02-04-2002, 07:21 PM
Which frame screw is it? The front or the rear?

RJR99SS
02-04-2002, 07:27 PM
have you tried using some penetrating fluid on it: WD40, Pb Blaster etc...?

fsuboy3
02-04-2002, 10:02 PM
yea i have tried taht i guess ihave 2keep tryin

Autotrigger
02-05-2002, 05:04 PM
Do you have a dremmel tool? If so, you can grind the head of the screw off and with the trigger frame out of your way you should be able to get the remainder of the screw out with a small pair of vise grips!

fsuboy3
02-05-2002, 09:57 PM
I got it OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont ask how i took it back 2shop class 2day, and somehowwe got it out lol!!!

im just glade its outnow i gotta sale the gun cause kid backed out on the trade(he parents wouldnt let him trade)

Geoff Noble
02-10-2002, 11:35 AM
I had this problem. They man who fixed it for me, after i had tried endlessly, put a portective metal sheet around the screw as not to hurt the grip frame, then heated it and it popped right out wqith no damage to the grip frame.