PDA

View Full Version : Gun Case

Ebbed
09-16-2009, 07:13 PM
As a result of some new additions to my gear bag, I need a case to transport my marker in. I have always been a big fan of those hard cases with the "egg carton" foam in them. I see them online, and they are either WAY TO BIG or WAY OVER PRICED. Anyone have any experience purchasing a case? I have a stock on my tac one with extended fore grips, I keep he barrel in its own foam case. Anyone have any suggestions?

BiNumber3
09-16-2009, 07:21 PM
try a sporting goods store, with hunting stuff, or if there's walmart in canada, ive seen some cheap gun bag/cases there as well

not sure what size you'd want tho, but if u do get a large case, u might be able to fit a couple guns in.

MANN
09-16-2009, 07:32 PM
I like pelican cases. They are large, and they are expensive. I can throw it in a lake, and it is water tight. I can also drive my truck over it without it damaging the markers inside.

When it comes to cases you get what you pay for.

BiNumber3
09-16-2009, 08:04 PM
tho hopefully there will never be a situation where someone hits yer case with a truck n it goes flying off into a lake:D

MANN
09-16-2009, 08:10 PM
tho hopefully there will never be a situation where someone hits yer case with a truck n it goes flying off into a lake:D

yes, but it keeps the rain out. It also gives me a place to sit ( I am no little person)

Beemer
09-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Anyone have any suggestions?

Ya fu geta bout a case and go with a TRUNK. One like this.

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/travel/trunks?productId=10004100

Heres the link for you too BigEvil. Little late since TB3

I have two of these. Just layer with some foam or use bath towels. The wheels work good also

All my Mags are set up with a warp. With the barrel on, no tank I can get three guns plus some STUFF in. When I get to the field all I have to do is slide a tank on the tail, hook the quick connect and put some paint in the revie and walk to the chrony. If you unscrew the barrel you get MORE room for more STUFF. :clap:

Plus it doubles as a portable[one man party] cooler on wheels. :ninja: Back in the day the portable party cooler took two to carry. :argh:

I have a long rifle and pistol hard case also for the pump gun, Micro Ca and Sixpack.

Good luck

Konigballer
09-16-2009, 09:39 PM
u can buy used Pelican cases, and the like, on craigslist for half of what u pay new.

robertsr1811
09-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Go to Lowes or Home Depot. Look in their toolbox sections. Both of them carry a "engineer's toolcase" which is an aluminum briefcase with egg crate foam.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=24981-16878-60132&lpage=none

Less than 30 dollars, and will protect your gun even if it does get thrown off the back of your truck.