PDA

View Full Version : Older (but not old) Brass Eagle is worth something now? ...or is this a fail?

Frizzle Fry
09-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Why is this going for $60 + shipping?

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-VINTAGE-68-CAL-PAINTBALL-GUN-WITH-BARREL-POWERFUL_W0QQitemZ260476648118QQcmdZViewItemQQptZL H_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca59e3ab6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I've got like 5 of these... Paid $20 a piece new a long long time ago for a few friends who wanted to try playing and "have their own marker". As I recal, they rarely fired properly, took a proprietary barrel that was 6" long, and were somehow made of thin plastic and still wicked heavy and uncomfortable.

Are these worth something now, are the bidders stupid, or are people just like "cordless drill? paintball gun?" and want it for the novelty.

Not a hate thread if the sellers son(s) are a member. Just asking.

Ando
09-16-2009, 10:57 PM
ROFL...What in the world? Looks like a automatic talon :rofl:

ManInBlack
09-17-2009, 07:22 AM
Some people have a very different definition of "rare" and "vintage"...

Schmitti
09-17-2009, 08:03 AM
That's a Wally World/Dicsk/Sports Authority Blue Light special. Nothing rare or unique about them other than they were another mass produced gun by BE to get young guns introduced to the sport through back yard play... so really nothing rare or unique about them. THey are fun to fart around with if you want to play a really limited paint game.. or if you are a masochist you could always take them out on a speedball field :)

E

Newt
09-17-2009, 03:08 PM
I've got like 5 of these..

Sounds like you should start five ebay auctions. Could be a nice new $300 mag in your future.

Frizzle Fry
09-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Sounds like you should start five ebay auctions. Could be a nice new $300 mag in your future.

Their technically not mine, though it's been 6 years and they were cheap so I'm sure nobody would complain. I think this was probably a fluke, I'm just wondering if anyone has seen similar auctions for the same thing. I know there's a guy out there selling N.O.S. Talons (the grey ones) for $30 and making good profit... That doesn't mean if I sell one on Ebay it'll make a million bucks.

If they are worth something though, maybe I'll get a $250 mag and a few cartons of smoke from a state where they're reasonably priced :p

om3n
09-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Maybe I could get some serious money out of my clear BE stingray 2 if I label it as "vintage" and "powerful" :rofl:

Frizzle Fry
09-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Maybe I could get some serious money out of my clear BE stingray 2 if I label it as "vintage" and "powerful" :rofl:

I actually think that clear stuff is worth something if it's not too cracked and crazed. I had a clear Splatmaster Rapide that I sold for $225, and the guy tossed me another $40 for my clear BE something-or-other. I've severly cut down my collection, but for a while if I had cash and saw a marker I'd just buy it for schnitzengiggles.

om3n
09-17-2009, 04:11 PM
I actually think that clear stuff is worth something if it's not too cracked and crazed. I had a clear Splatmaster Rapide that I sold for $225, and the guy tossed me another $40 for my clear BE something-or-other. I've severly cut down my collection, but for a while if I had cash and saw a marker I'd just buy it for schnitzengiggles.

... are you kidding? :eek:

Right now my stingray is in the middle of my woods rusting from being left out there from the last scenerio game I hosted at my house... that has to have removed all value it may have had :rolleyes:

hobbesTZ
09-20-2009, 10:25 AM
... are you kidding? :eek:

Right now my stingray is in the middle of my woods rusting from being left out there from the last scenerio game I hosted at my house... that has to have removed all value it may have had :rolleyes:

Nah that just means you should sell it as "rustic" :p