PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with a Bad Ebay Seller

Frizzle Fry
09-17-2009, 08:46 PM
DO NOT BUY FROM ANS GEAR or ANS EXTREME or BARBS PB!

So I bought a CP bolt-on ASA from an ebay seller, in the picture it was gloss green and had a decal on the side. It matches every bolt-on ASA on every one of my markers, which is why I bought it. The color in the picture matched the marker I planned to use it on. It didn't show up for weeks, so I emailed back and forth with the company 'til it got here.

The company is BarbsPB on eBay, the PayPal name is ANS Extreme, and their site links to ANSgear.com

When it arrived I found that it was a different model than the one pictured, the decal was on the front rather than the side, and it was longer and thinner than the one in the auction picture. It was also a light puke green with yellowish smears rather than the pictured rich dark green.

Here's the Auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260092012181&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Here's the Auction Picture:
http://i35.tinypic.com/2rz2lhh.jpg

Here's My Picture:
http://i36.tinypic.com/w1a4l.jpg

Because of the blurry, flashy-ness of the picture, I took a picture next to an item of the same green color as the ASA pictured in the auction. Do not make the mistake of thinking the flash washes out the color, it is in fact more yellow in real life than it is in the pictures... The flash seems to make it more green.

http://i33.tinypic.com/5dt5ip.jpg

I've reported to them that it is a different model and color than what I ordered, and the refuse to replace it or refund me. They keep giving me CPs phone number and telling me that I've got to complain to the manufacturer directly, rather than the seller who misrepresented the item... They say that they have no responsibility.

Here's the back 'n forth:

Item arrived today, but it doesn't match the picture. It's a very light yellowish swamp green instead of the dark green pictured in the auction, and the logo/decal isn't located in the same place.

I'm pretty dissapointed, as I've bought all my previous ASAs of the same brand from you and been very satisfied.

What are we going to do about this?

This is a better problem to be taken up with the manufacturer. Every time you anodize an item it is likely to come out different unless the person doing the anodizing is 100% spot on with the anodizing process. Here is CP's number to call and ask them what is best for you to do: (480) 539-4820. If you have any further questions let us know.

The item is not as pictured in the auction. What I recieved was a different color and different model than the one in the picture. What was pictured was a dark gloss green bolt-on ASA with decals on the side. What I recieved was a yellow/green bolt-on ASA with a decal on the front.

You provided a picture of the item for the auction, and I chose to purchase it. What I recieved was not the item in the picture; it was not the same model or the same color. I have not recieved what I purchased.

If you have the dark green ASA with decals on the side that you pictured in the auction, I will return what you sent me and you can send me the correct model and refund my shipping costs.

If you do not have it, you can refund my money, plus shipping costs to return the incorrect item.

As stated in our previous email, you will need to call the manufacturer (CP - Custom Products)(480) 539-4820. There is nothing we can do about anodizing. You can ask the manufacturer why the product you ordered was not the exact color you were looking for. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

It's not the same model! It is a different color and model than YOU pictured in the auction. They didn't put pictures in the auction, you did, and you are responsible for sending me the MODEL and COLOR that YOU ADVERTISED.

Your previous email didn't even address the fact that you sent me a different model, and you can't honestly say you're sorry for the inconvenience because if you were you'd take your item back and send me the correct one.

Make this right.

What should I do here? I've just filed a thing with PayPal, I just want to give these guys a shot to fix their problem before I put my money in a 30 day hangup. Any advice from people who've dealt with similar issues?

Also, any contact info for BarbsPB / ANS Extreme / ANSgear?

Fred
09-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Without making a federal case out of it...

Send it back. Request a refund, if they don't - use paypal to get it back.

/end of story

kcombs9
09-17-2009, 08:52 PM
the web site has a phone number on the top right corner. try calling them direct?

Much easier to yell at people over the phone IMO :mad:

om3n
09-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Snip

Wow, I'm glad I saw your thread, because I was considering buying an asa from them in the future when I have some cash :tard:

It truly is unfortunate that this happened to you though... I think the only thing you can do is what Fred suggested.

BiNumber3
09-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Yea barb's customer service is horrible, I bought some macroline/fittings from them and it never arrived, only way I was able to get anything done was through paypal:/

You should have a case with paypal tho, item recieved is not like pictured item.

I've ordered from them several times, most of the time with no probs... (i've heard barbs is part of ANS, not sure tho)

Stayhuge
09-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Paypal case!! that is the only way to get these sellers to respond and fix it. If they ignore it, you will just get your money back. I have ordered from Barbs before, with no problems. But that doesn't surprise me. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. I will be reconsidering any future orders with them now!!!

Smoothice
09-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Here is my suggestion.

1. Try calling cp direct like they have told you too. It looks like they drop ship there items. So maybe cp is really the one at fault. Tell them the story and see what happens. Maybe it will be an easy transaction. If not go with what everyone else has said.

Not sure if they can alter the ebay auction so I would get a screen shot of it just in case.

Good Luck

Frizzle Fry
09-17-2009, 09:49 PM
I guess I'll go with PayPal for the dispute.

I'm surprised a company as big as ANS Gear would be this crappy... But then again, they are using an alias :rolleyes:

This is my thought now:

Frizzle Fry
09-17-2009, 09:55 PM
I've ordered from them several times, most of the time with no probs... (i've heard barbs is part of ANS, not sure tho)

I have too... I've bought 3 ASAs with no problems... Then one was a little bit weird color-wise but I didn't complain because it was close. This new one is unnacceptable. Wrong color, wrong style, and it took ages to get here (they printed a label, dropped it at the post office 8 days later, and at my house 11 days after that).

Rudz
09-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Wasn't barbs the same place that was selling all the fake myth regs too?

automagmasta
09-17-2009, 10:19 PM
If I may play devils advocate here, it does state under the FAQs in the listing that:

"If you ever have a problem with your purchase, you can contact the manufacturer direct for a quick resolution. "

just saying.

Frizzle Fry
09-18-2009, 12:01 AM
If I may play devils advocate here, it does state under the FAQs in the listing that:

"If you ever have a problem with your purchase, you can contact the manufacturer direct for a quick resolution. "

just saying.

...uhuh.

So if I buy a blue Ego7 from this seller and they send me a purple Ego6, that's not their problem? I should contact Planet Eclipse?

:tard:

kenjay
09-18-2009, 12:01 AM
I've fortunately had good luck with ANS. BUT...I have heard that you can be put thru the loop before you get what you want if there's an issue. Call them as mentioned, results are always better when they can hear your pain (or anger).

Ando
09-18-2009, 03:32 AM
I've had to do this a few times. Filing a dispute with paypal is the way to go on this and when you send the item back, track it. Paypal will need the tracking number to finalizes the transaction and like what someone else said already. If the seller ignores it, paypal will give you your money back including shipping charges.

Frizzle Fry
09-18-2009, 03:42 AM
My issue is mainly that I've had to file with PayPal several times recently, and they might think I'm up to no good... At first, I bought a "new" gripframe that was used and missing parts, then I "scored" two sets of Kapp grip panels that never arrived. Finally I bought a set of handcuffs and recieved a folding AK56 foregrip. All honest reports, but I got an email concerning 'high use of the claim system' and don't want that to cast a poor light on my case.

That said, my "dispute" is now a "claim" so it's up to PayPal now.

I'll take some pics ASAP so people can see this travesty.

riceboi
09-18-2009, 03:44 AM
Wasn't barbs the same place that was selling all the fake myth regs too?
I'm 80% sure it was them, about this time last year.

Frizzle Fry
09-18-2009, 03:59 AM
I'm 80% sure it was them, about this time last year.

I remember that, just not who it was. Weren't they not even regulators? Just some kind of Chinese look-alike that lets air through and had a fake burst disk? I definately saw a post with pics somewhere and those things looked extremely unsafe. From what I saw, it was just like what you'd find on a stock C02 tank except the fake burst disk made it extra unsafe.

I'm starting to wonder if my ASA isn't a knock-off... I've never see another CP like it, but it's very similar to the standard except with slightly different dimensions and decal placement. The poor anodizing might be explained by that, too.

Could ANS Gear be buying Chinese knock-offs or "factory second" defect items and selling them through Barbs PB as a shell?

robo1
09-18-2009, 06:46 AM
I remember that, just not who it was. Weren't they not even regulators? Just some kind of Chinese look-alike that lets air through and had a fake burst disk? I definately saw a post with pics somewhere and those things looked extremely unsafe. From what I saw, it was just like what you'd find on a stock C02 tank except the fake burst disk made it extra unsafe.

I'm starting to wonder if my ASA isn't a knock-off... I've never see another CP like it, but it's very similar to the standard except with slightly different dimensions and decal placement. The poor anodizing might be explained by that, too.

Could ANS Gear be buying Chinese knock-offs or "factory second" defect items and selling them through Barbs PB as a shell?
It wouldnt be the first time its happened.

Ando
09-18-2009, 09:19 AM
My issue is mainly that I've had to file with PayPal several times recently, and they might think I'm up to no good... At first, I bought a "new" gripframe that was used and missing parts, then I "scored" two sets of Kapp grip panels that never arrived. Finally I bought a set of handcuffs and recieved a folding AK56 foregrip. All honest reports, but I got an email concerning 'high use of the claim system' and don't want that to cast a poor light on my case.

That said, my "dispute" is now a "claim" so it's up to PayPal now.

I'll take some pics ASAP so people can see this travesty.

Hey man. Streak of bad luck sucks but as long as you have your ducks in a row and all the other guys are tap dancing around, there's nothing paypal is going to do against you.

warbeak2099
09-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Honestly, I've always had great CS experience with ANS. They've always went above and beyond the call of duty to make things right for me when I've had a problem with them. The guy on the phone, Pete, has been one of the most helpful people I've ever spoken to. I am baffled by this.

Frizzle Fry
09-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Honestly, I've always had great CS experience with ANS. They've always went above and beyond the call of duty to make things right for me when I've had a problem with them. The guy on the phone, Pete, has been one of the most helpful people I've ever spoken to. I am baffled by this.

Like I said, it's a front... I've had great experiences with ANS Gear, but they've done a lot to distance themselves from BarbsPB. It's BarbsPB to ANS EXTREME to ANS Gear, and they don't just toss the links out there. Same PayPal Account though.

No callback yet, I've called twice.

SSP REAPER
09-20-2009, 09:10 AM
This is certainly odd. I am an ANS dealer and have had nothing but great dealings with them. They ship fast, economical and always what I order. Could it be a slip up? Who knows at this juncture of time! I hope everything pans out for you Frizzle Fry :)

Frizzle Fry
09-20-2009, 01:53 PM
This is certainly odd. I am an ANS dealer and have had nothing but great dealings with them. They ship fast, economical and always what I order. Could it be a slip up? Who knows at this juncture of time! I hope everything pans out for you Frizzle Fry :)

I've used ANS Gear with great results in the past, always fast shipping and good communication... I've also used ANS products (cockers, mag bolts, eyes, frames) for quite some time and I haven't ever been dissapointed with their quality.

Like I said, this isn't ANS Gear or ANS Extreme... It's a "front" they've set up for eBay. There's no accountability, nothing to let you know that you're actually buying from ANS, until you file with PayPal and request their info. Then you find out that the PayPal account is in the name of ANS Extreme, whos website links you to ANS Gear.

It's clear from the kind of feedback BarbsPB has gotten lately that ANS has decided to use the eBay business to unload damaged, off-color, or knockoff items that they can't sell outright. The problem is that they sell them as "new" and "original" for full price, which they aren't.

riceboi
09-20-2009, 05:49 PM

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2498965

i was going have my friend order all his gear from them (new to the game) , this flash back kinda worry me now.

Lohman446
09-20-2009, 07:06 PM
I'd file a dispute with both Paypal and a complaint with e-bay. If you wanted to deal with the manufacturer you would have bought from the manufacturer.

Frizzle Fry
09-20-2009, 11:59 PM
I'd file a dispute with both Paypal and a complaint with e-bay. If you wanted to deal with the manufacturer you would have bought from the manufacturer.

That's what I'm saying to them, but they insist that the "color issue" is the MFGs fault and refuse to acknowledge that it's a different model not just a messed up color.

BiNumber3
09-21-2009, 12:07 AM
well, they are trying blame it on custom products of all companies, and i've never even heard of anything coming from cp that was "off"
if anything, you might try contacting cp, see what they say about barbs' claim, and go from there

Frizzle Fry
09-21-2009, 12:13 AM
well, they are trying blame it on custom products of all companies, and i've never even heard of anything coming from cp that was "off"
if anything, you might try contacting cp, see what they say about barbs' claim, and go from there

I called, and told them that it was the wrong model and color. They said color variations occur (same schpiel), and that the seller is responsible for picturing the proper color. When I told them it was the wrong model and that the seller told me to contact them, the guy laughed at me (though if I was in his shoes, I'd laugh too).

I've made my "dispute" into a "claim" following no-contact from BarbsPB and no phone responses from ANS Gear. I also sent them a message stating the following:

So you know, I've filed a claim with PayPal. You haven't responded there, so I thought I'd inform you. I've also made phone calls to ANS Gear and ANS Extreme concerning this issue.

You have refused to address the fact that you sent me the WRONG MODEL of Custom Products ASA... I know the color variation might be the manufacturers fault, but they laughed when I said that it wasn't the right model and told me to contact you again.

I can and will cancel my PayPal claim at any time if you refund me, or replace my item with the proper model and color. Otherwise, I'll continue with the claim and I'll be calling the ANS office twice a day until I get some answers.

I'll try to post pics tonight. I've been so busy I just haven't had the chance.

BiNumber3
09-21-2009, 12:22 AM
hmm, thought cp'ed be a lil angry that another company is trying to blame them for problems

Frizzle Fry
09-21-2009, 12:55 AM
hmm, thought cp'ed be a lil angry that another company is trying to blame them for problems

Yeah. Well. I dunno.

I've lost faith in this game, I really have. Shop owners and field owners give people crap for using older markers, companies sell inferior products and lie about their effectiveness and nobody is there to prove them wrong because guys like Glenn Palmer and Tom Kaye have retired. Customer service is rarely any good unless you buy direct from a manufacturer, and even then only the good ones.

The problem is that as big as paintball might be, it's not big enough to be effected by things like the "Better Business Bureau" or Consumer Reports. Since the sport is ruled by whoever is bigges or holds the most patents, and a majority of players are young adults and kids, nothing can be fixed. Legitimate complaints get overshadowed by the support of fanboys, and PayPal moderators know so little about paintball that they're hesitant to grant refunds.

The internet looked like it was going to give paintball new life in the late 90s, but to me it's killing the sport.

Frizzle Fry
09-21-2009, 01:06 AM

I noticed you got screwed by their mail service too... That was your feedback, right?

If you pour through their feedback you'll notice a lot of "False Positives" as I call them, which say "it all got worked out" but describe items not getting shipped, or lies about shipping, or similar color and model issues to the one I'm having.

They pulled that "USPS issue" thing with me too... They "shipped" my package by printing a label, then dropped it off at the post office 9 days later after I complained a few times. They say USPS took forever, but according to the USPS website it wasn't dropped off for days.

I wonder who I should trust :rolleyes:

BiNumber3
09-21-2009, 01:37 AM
Yea, ordered 2 things, and was suppose to get combined shipping, didnt... n then I never recieve the packages. Contacted them, they told me they shipped, and when i checked the tracking info, both packages were delivered... to the city next to mine. and somehow paypal still didnt consider it barbs' fault.
In the end, barbs' refunded half my payment, but only because I went through paypal:/

Frizzle Fry
09-21-2009, 01:40 AM
Yea, ordered 2 things, and was suppose to get combined shipping, didnt... n then I never recieve the packages. Contacted them, they told me they shipped, and when i checked the tracking info, both packages were delivered... to the city next to mine. and somehow paypal still didnt consider it barbs' fault.
In the end, barbs' refunded half my payment, but only because I went through paypal:/

Positive feedback for an undelivered item with a 50% refund? You're far more forgiving a man than I.

Frizzle Fry
09-21-2009, 12:40 PM
I posted pics. A little blurry, but the best I can do with what I have.

They show the clear color difference, as well as the different decal placement. If you look closely, you can see that the ASA I recieved is longer and thinner than the other, with slightly different milling. It also is too shallow to accept macro-fitting threading all the way, whereas the model in the picture (I own several) has no problem with the exact same fitting.

I took a picture next to a "real green" piece to show the difference. If anything, the flash on the camera makes the crappy ASA look less yellow and more green than it does in person... It's also not an even color, it's more yellow in front and becomes greenish in back.

Here's the Auction Picture:
http://i35.tinypic.com/2rz2lhh.jpg

Here's My Picture:
http://i36.tinypic.com/w1a4l.jpg

Because of the blurry, flashy-ness of the picture, I took a picture next to an item of the same green color as the ASA pictured in the auction. Do not make the mistake of thinking the flash washes out the color, it is in fact more yellow in real life than it is in the pictures... The flash seems to make it more green.

http://i33.tinypic.com/5dt5ip.jpg

Lohman446
09-21-2009, 01:11 PM
I would post a good write up disucssing your experience, complete with pictures and e-bay numbers etc. on every PB forum I was part of and then send them the links

Frizzle Fry
09-21-2009, 01:59 PM
I would post a good write up disucssing your experience, complete with pictures and e-bay numbers etc. on every PB forum I was part of and then send them the links

:headbang:

I will start tonight.

Lohman446
09-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Be as accurate and precise as you can, including names, e-bay numbers, times, dates etc. so that when they threaten to sue you for libel / slander (ok, I forget which is which) you can simply tell them ok. Remember, as long as what you are writing is defensibly truthful it is not libelous.

Frizzle Fry
09-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Found some stuff on other forums:

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435183

http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47457

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2498738

These are the most major threads, but there are lots of small ones and in each are testimony to the awful customer service and lack of responsibility of this company. They are to be avoided, and I plan to slam them in every feedback thread on every forum of which I am a member... Telling only the truth. They did it; it's their fault it looks bad.

Frizzle Fry
09-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Check this out, boys and girls:
http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=barbspb&dirn=Recieved+by&ref=home

PrimoRocker
09-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Glad I saw this thread, I was about to buy from them.

Frizzle Fry
09-29-2009, 01:16 AM
WTF?

Negative Feedback (Sep-24-09 21:07)
15+ day shipping! WRONG MODEL & WRONG COLOR! Refused to replace or refund!

Reply by barbspb (Sep-28-09 08:13):
Offered To Help. Customer Extremely Rude & Did Not Listen! Horrible Ebayer!!!!!!

Follow-up Negative Feedback (Sep-28-09 20:32):
You said call CP. You sent wrong item, not them! Then you refused refund/return!

Does anyone else see an offer to help here?

Item arrived today, but it doesn't match the picture. It's a very light yellowish swamp green instead of the dark green pictured in the auction, and the logo/decal isn't located in the same place.

I'm pretty dissapointed, as I've bought all my previous ASAs of the same brand from you and been very satisfied.

What are we going to do about this?

This is a better problem to be taken up with the manufacturer. Every time you anodize an item it is likely to come out different unless the person doing the anodizing is 100% spot on with the anodizing process. Here is CP's number to call and ask them what is best for you to do: (480) 539-4820. If you have any further questions let us know.

The item is not as pictured in the auction. What I recieved was a different color and different model than the one in the picture. What was pictured was a dark gloss green bolt-on ASA with decals on the side. What I recieved was a yellow/green bolt-on ASA with a decal on the front.

You provided a picture of the item for the auction, and I chose to purchase it. What I recieved was not the item in the picture; it was not the same model or the same color. I have not recieved what I purchased.

If you have the dark green ASA with decals on the side that you pictured in the auction, I will return what you sent me and you can send me the correct model and refund my shipping costs.

If you do not have it, you can refund my money, plus shipping costs to return the incorrect item.

As stated in our previous email, you will need to call the manufacturer (CP - Custom Products)(480) 539-4820. There is nothing we can do about anodizing. You can ask the manufacturer why the product you ordered was not the exact color you were looking for. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

It's not the same model! It is a different color and model than YOU pictured in the auction. They didn't put pictures in the auction, you did, and you are responsible for sending me the MODEL and COLOR that YOU ADVERTISED.

Your previous email didn't even address the fact that you sent me a different model, and you can't honestly say you're sorry for the inconvenience because if you were you'd take your item back and send me the correct one.

Make this right.
After several days with no responses to emails or calls or the PayPal claim...

So you know, I've filed a claim with PayPal. You haven't responded there, so I thought I'd inform you.

I've also made phone calls to ANS Gear and ANS Extreme concerning this issue.

You have refused to address the fact that you sent me the WRONG MODEL of Custom Products ASA... I know the color variation might be the manufacturers fault, but they laughed when I said that it wasn't the right model and told me to contact you again. I can and will cancel my PayPal claim at any time if you refund me, or replace my item with the proper model and color. Otherwise, I'll continue with the claim and I'll be calling the ANS office twice a day until I get some answers.
After several more days with no response to emails or calls or the PayPal claim...

I'd appreciate a response from you... Phone and email don't work? Ebay messages don't either?

I've ordered from ANS Gear in the past and been very happy with what I've recieved. Don't ruin your reputation over a $38 mistake.

CP says you're responsible for sending me the right model... You didn't. I don't want PayPal to take your money from you; it looks bad and I feel bad having to resort to that. All I want is my money back, or an ASA in the same model and color as the auction. Make that happen and my PayPal case goes away.
The next day.

Custom Products, the manufacturer you told me to contact, says that you're responsible for replacing the item you mailed me; it's not the right color or the right model. Why don't you answer your phone or emails? Send me a replacement or send me a refund!
The next day.

Just because you don't respond to me doesn't mean I'm going to calling and emailing and sending messages through eBay. You sent me the wrong item; color and model don't match the auction... You ripped me off. Make it right or I'll take this further then PayPal. I've already been in touch with the Better Busines Bureau and the Massachusetts Attorney Generals Office of Consumer Affairs. Just give me a refund or send me the correct item!
The next day.

I'm not going to be ignored. It's been 11 days since you've responded to me, and you have yet to respond to PayPal. I can call and email all day if I have to. I'm going to get law enforcement involved... I've already got eBay, PayPal, the BBB, the Attorney Generals Office. Pretty soon the police will knock on your door. I've seen your feedback, you ignore customers until they back off. I don't back off. Give me back my money or give me the correct item.
The next day.

Where is my item? Do you even have the model and color that you "sold" me? Give me my item or give me a refund. Those are your choices. Don't jerk me around or I'll take even more action than I already have. I want my money or my item. Make that happen.
The next day.

I paid for this item on the 28th... It's been almost a month and I haven't recieved the item I paid for. Make this right... Answer your phone, answer your email, do something! I can say with certainty that PayPal will refund me if you don't respond, so save yourself the trouble and let me send my ASA back for a refund or a replacement. I'll cover shipping on my end.
The next day.

Give my back my money or give me the item I ordered.
The next day.

Quit the BS and give me back my money. You send me a refund or send me the item I ordered, then I'll send you the item you sent me. It's that easy.
The next day.

Boy your inbox must be close to full by now... Unless you want it to be that way every day, you should take back the item you sent me and either send me a refund or the correct item.

You can't ignore me; you're legally obligated to provide me with a refund or the item pictured in the auction. It's what's known as a "Warranty of Merchantability" and it applies to anything sold in or to someone in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It'll cost me $15 to file in small claims, about half of what I sent you. How much will it cost you to send a representative across the country to go to court? Or would you like having an arrest warrant in your name? Give me my money back and this goes away. Better yet, just give me what I paid for.
The next day.

If you were smart, you'd send me either my money or a replacement as soon as you read my messages. I've got a lot of time on my hands, and great knowledge of consumer rights. This doesn't need to be any more messy than it already is. Give me a refund or a replacement.
The next day.

Hey guys, thanks for the DYNAMITE customer service you've provided to me.

The internet community can't wait to hear about it. Let's see, there's PBNation, TechPB, PBreview, PBforums, Pballer, Punishers PB, Ballers Cafe, Warpig... You remember Warpig, right? They remember you alright, with those fake Myth regulators.

Now, what you haven't heard of is a site called Toolhaus.org which allows me to isolate all of your bad feedback. There are some trends in your feedback; wrong item, wrong color, 15+ days of shipping... I won't do the work for people but when you look at the numbers it takes only a few seconds to put two and two together. Refund me, or replace my item. Now.
And finally...

Ultimatum time. I've mentioned legal action, I've mentioned PayPal action, I've mentioned posting on forums (just your pictures and your messages, none of my comments), and now it's time to tie it all in. You've got 3 more days to either refund me, or ship me the correct item. What happens after that (completely legally) is your problem. Take a hint, I can, LEGALLY, make you regret not acknowledging your mistake and doing what a good business would do and refunding me.

Lohman446
09-29-2009, 08:46 AM
They consistantly argue when left bad feedback - I saw that. Considering A) the consistancy of the bad reviews and B) the childish responses consistantly from Barbs I would simply decide not to do business with them. As if this thread wasn't enough. Of course, thats easier said then done. I really wish e-bay would step up against such issues though.

Ando
09-29-2009, 09:12 AM
Like I told you before....

I've had to do this a few times. Filing a dispute with paypal is the way to go on this and when you send the item back, track it. Paypal will need the tracking number to finalizes the transaction and like what someone else said already. If the seller ignores it, paypal will give you your money back including shipping charges.

You have 45 days to file a paypal claim. That's what Barbs is waiting on, for the 45 days to elapse, it happen to me once and the company that i purchased the item from was so "helpful", more like stalling me from making the claim. After the 45 days I never heard from them again. Wouldn't return PH calls,emails...ect...which they always had before the 45 days.

If you don't do it within the time period, your screwed. Do it now, paypal will do their thing, if they ignore paypal, PP will ask you to send the item back with tracking. Give PP the tracking number and once the items is received and still no response from the company. Your money will be back in your account to include shipping.

OPBN
09-29-2009, 10:16 AM
To be honest, I really am surprised that CP didn't have a better reply for you on this. You would think they would be trying to protect their reputation for quality and help you with your dilemma. Makes me wonder if they aren't dumping their QC rejects to these companies. Due to the past issues with ANS and the bad regulators, it wouldn't surprise me if someone isn't buying Chinese knock offs either, it is the typical MO that I see in my industry all of the time. Again, if this were the case, you would think that CP would be interested in getting to the bottom of the situation. Seems like poor CS all around and a lot of passing the buck.

Frizzle Fry
09-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Like I told you before....

You have 45 days to file a paypal claim. That's what Barbs is waiting on, for the 45 days to elapse, it happen to me once and the company that i purchased the item from was so "helpful", more like stalling me from making the claim. After the 45 days I never heard from them again. Wouldn't return PH calls,emails...ect...which they always had before the 45 days.

If you don't do it within the time period, your screwed. Do it now, paypal will do their thing, if they ignore paypal, PP will ask you to send the item back with tracking. Give PP the tracking number and once the items is received and still no response from the company. Your money will be back in your account to include shipping.

I've filed with PayPal. First a claim, then a dispute. I've sent the item back with tracking, but BarbsPB has finally responded with some outrageous claim that isn't posted to the account. Basically, a PayPal agent authorized the return so I shipped 2 days ago with tracking... Then BarbsPB responded and when I called they told me they couldn't tell me what BarbsPB said (which is weird, because BarbsPB is able to see my complaint) and that they'd be reviewing the case once again.

Now it looks like not only will I not get my money back, I won't even have the piece of junk ASA they sent me :(

Frizzle Fry
09-29-2009, 03:51 PM
To be honest, I really am surprised that CP didn't have a better reply for you on this. You would think they would be trying to protect their reputation for quality and help you with your dilemma. Makes me wonder if they aren't dumping their QC rejects to these companies. Due to the past issues with ANS and the bad regulators, it wouldn't surprise me if someone isn't buying Chinese knock offs either, it is the typical MO that I see in my industry all of the time. Again, if this were the case, you would think that CP would be interested in getting to the bottom of the situation. Seems like poor CS all around and a lot of passing the buck.

I believe it is a knockoff that I recieved.

It VERY similar to the CP ASA but the dimensions are different, the jewel sticker is all pixelated like it was printed on a VERY old printer, and the placement of the sticker is not in a milled window on the side of the ASA but just slapped willy-nilly to the front. Also, I can't screw a macro fitting all the way into the front... It goes in about 1/4 of the way (not safe to run air) and then refuses to budge.

Rudz
09-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Id let cp know that barbs is selling some knock offs with there name on em

Frizzle Fry
09-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Id let cp know that barbs is selling some knock offs with there name on em

I just shipped my evidence back to BarbsPB in exchange for a PayPal mandated refund... which I might not even get, since BarbsPB has decided to answer the PayPal claim post-decision and apparently said something that's making them second guess themselves.

I hate these bastards. Honestly, I would LOVE to see ANS get put out of business after all this crap.

Ando
09-29-2009, 07:09 PM
I've filed with PayPal. First a claim, then a dispute. I've sent the item back with tracking, but BarbsPB has finally responded with some outrageous claim that isn't posted to the account. Basically, a PayPal agent authorized the return so I shipped 2 days ago with tracking... Then BarbsPB responded and when I called they told me they couldn't tell me what BarbsPB said (which is weird, because BarbsPB is able to see my complaint) and that they'd be reviewing the case once again.

Now it looks like not only will I not get my money back, I won't even have the piece of junk ASA they sent me :(
I wouldn't worry about it bro, I would be highly surprised if they didn't rule in your favor. What did you use for the dispute? Received the wrong item? Counterfeit?

You took pictures of the item. You should send those to paypal so they could see the difference in color from what was pictured in the description. I had to call paypal once and they gave me a e-mail address to send pictures I had taken of some counterfeit 360 disks someone sold me. I would send the ones you posted here on the forums.

SCpoloRicker
09-30-2009, 10:59 AM
No offense, but aren't ASAs some where around 20 dollars?

Fight the good fight, if that's what you're into. However, I would have been moving on a long time ago.

Stayhuge
09-30-2009, 11:28 AM
It's the principle of the matter. If you don't give them hell, they think that they can just walk all over people. I have fought over small items like this, mainly because I was right!!! If they are in fact selling knock offs, this matter is bigger than just a color issue

Lohman446
09-30-2009, 11:43 AM
I think sending the pictures you have to CP might be worth the effort :)

Frizzle Fry
09-30-2009, 11:45 AM
It's the principle of the matter. If you don't give them hell, they think that they can just walk all over people. I have fought over small items like this, mainly because I was right!!! If they are in fact selling knock offs, this matter is bigger than just a color issue

That's exactly where I'm coming from...

After shipping, the cost was something like $38. At my local stores (BostonPB, PW Paintball, etc) the only colors they carry are black and silver gloss/dust... When I build a marker I want it to match and look good, so I'm willing to spend $8 more to have the color, make, and model that I want. What I got from BarbsPB was not the right color or model, and might have not even been a genuine CP piece.

Some people write off $38 as a lost cause; I'm not one of them. I don't have a ton of money and frankly I don't like being ripped off. I also don't fold when a company rips me off and refuses to fix the problem.

Rudz
09-30-2009, 01:13 PM
I think sending the pictures you have to CP might be worth the effort :)

That's what I would do

Lohman446
09-30-2009, 01:14 PM
That's what I would do

No you wouldn't. They'd make vague threats and set a deadline and you would settle for getting what you paid for :)

Though, you did do better than most in that deal, I will admit that.

OPBN
09-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Counterfeits are a huge problem these days in several industries. I am truly sad to see it making its way into paintball. Unfortunately, reporting the problem to CP probably won't make much of a difference as they already showed they weren't that interested. At most, they might cut ANS/Barbs off as a retailer if they can in fact prove they were selling knockoffs, but it won't remove the inferior product from the market. CP would have to take an active role in pursuing copyright/trademark infringements and it is not a cheap endeavor.

Good luck fighting the good fight though, and at least some of us know now to be careful when dealing with Barb's/ANS. Perhaps it is a lesson learned for all of us.

teufelhunden
10-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Anything new here?

Frizzle Fry
12-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Anything new here?

Yep. I got a refund from PayPal and sent the item back to them... I lost $4 shipping and almost a month of my life. Then the badmouthed me in the feedback thread response section and didn't acknowledge their own crappy feedback since then.

Using toolhaus.org you can see that a BUNCH of people since have recieved knockoff CP ASAs and left bad feedback. :rolleyes:

Everyone who has issues post here:
http://barbspb.blogspot.com/

I (we) don't want to be charged with libel, so only post direct quotes and truthful statements.

i.e. "They suck so don't shop there" should be restated as "Beware! I had a bad experience and so have others"

CatoRockwell
12-10-2009, 03:20 AM
Just my 2 cents here. I have dealt with ANS dozens of times and have had great customer service every time. Even when something hasn't been quite right they always fixed it quickly. I think barbs is a private seller that uses ans as it's supplier. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I would check into the relationship between barbs and ans before you lump them together.

Ex: I bought a vforce amber lens from ans. Within a week the tint started flaking off I contacted ans and they said it should be covered by the manufacturer then gave me the number. When the manufacturer wouldn't answer their line I told the ans rep about it and he said he would take care of it then he called the manufacturer, got back to me and told me that they were sending out a free replacement and that I didn't need to bother sending the defective product in. Compared to most paintball dealers they have been very helpful. Definitely check in on this, I don't want a company to get a bad rap because a distributee was a pain.

Frizzle Fry
12-10-2009, 03:34 AM
Just my 2 cents here. I have dealt with ANS dozens of times and have had great customer service every time. Even when something hasn't been quite right they always fixed it quickly. I think barbs is a private seller that uses ans as it's supplier. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I would check into the relationship between barbs and ans before you lump them together.

Ex: I bought a vforce amber lens from ans. Within a week the tint started flaking off I contacted ans and they said it should be covered by the manufacturer then gave me the number. When the manufacturer wouldn't answer their line I told the ans rep about it and he said he would take care of it then he called the manufacturer, got back to me and told me that they were sending out a free replacement and that I didn't need to bother sending the defective product in. Compared to most paintball dealers they have been very helpful. Definitely check in on this, I don't want a company to get a bad rap because a distributee was a pain.

My money went from my bank account to PayPal then DIRECTLY into the "ANS Gear" PayPal account which cited ANS Extreme as its home site. I called ANS Gear using the number from their website to complain, and they basically said "Tough titty, call CP". My transaction was with ANS Gear, but even if it hadn't been they were the ones who shipped me the terrible item (knockoff!). The BarbsPB store is, I've come to find out, run by an ANS sales rep with open access to damaged parts, knockoffs, and unsellable items from the ANS warehouse. It uses company funds, and takes payment into company accounts. Even if it's not hand-operated by the ANS owner, it's still their baby selling their crap.

I've continued to call the and leave messages, never recieving a phone call in return, and they haven't answered the phone since. The most recent call was yesterday... Still nothing in return. I've emailed pictures of the knockoff to CP and called them on the phone; I wish I hadn't needed to ship it back to get my money.

ANS Gear, ANS Extreme and BarbsPB share a bank account. They share a warehouse. They share employees. They are the same thing. Don't tell me differently; I've been neck deep in this for quite some time and I've done my homework on these jerks.

I'm sure they helped you; you bought a legitimate product from their store. I bought a knockoff they pawned off through a shell company :rolleyes:

I suppose you've heard of ns1distribution on ebay? Everything they sell ships from I&I Sports and your payment goes into the pockets of.. I&I Sports. I figured it was just their distributer, 'til I recieved a damaged part and asked for a new one. It came stamped from I&I with a handwritten bill from their sales manager.

CatoRockwell
12-10-2009, 03:49 AM
Well that just blows one more company I won't do business with now. If you talked to ANS and they screwed a fellow magger then they lose my business too. Well I guess it's back to action village. I'm going to call ans myself and let them know that thanks to their direct involvement with fraudulent fronts like barbspb that they will lose a longtime customer. We will see wha they have to say.

Btw I did some searching and I can't find a single real cp Asa that looks like the one they sent you. I think they did sendyou a phony.

Anyone know a good place I can take my business to for random paintball stuff?

Frizzle Fry
12-10-2009, 04:47 AM
Well that just blows one more company I won't do business with now. If you talked to ANS and they screwed a fellow magger then they lose my business too. Well I guess it's back to action village. I'm going to call ans myself and let them know that thanks to their direct involvement with fraudulent fronts like barbspb that they will lose a longtime customer. We will see wha they have to say.

Btw I did some searching and I can't find a single real cp Asa that looks like the one they sent you. I think they did sendyou a phony.

Anyone know a good place I can take my business to for random paintball stuff?

The one I got was a clone of the CP old-style bolt on mixed with a clone of the new style. It didn't even have a window milled for the fake sticker...

I've done some good business with Action Village, Wizard Paintball, PaintballParts/Bunkerthump, and DoroSports. Definately check out Oringmonkey.com too, he's an incredibly good guy who offers great prices, cheap hard-to-find rebuild kits, and quality upgrades. Buy some "monkey poo" lube, it's incredible! A great AO'er to buy from is SSP Reaper (Silent Stalkers Paintball).

I've had bad experiences (similar to those in this thread) with:
I&I Sports / I&I Discount / ns1distribution
Action Sports Paintball / RonASP
ANS Gear / ANS Extreme / BarbsPB

I just bought a KAPP foregrip "new" from ns1distribution only to find that it had a big razor cut in the side and the threading was fubar. He sent me another, with a note, unpackaged, direct from I&I Sports again, and it's got a similar smaller razor cut in the side! I think they're selling old-stock blems as new on Ebay.

Generally if I'll do business with a company, it's a good place. I'm not a "take your loss" kind of guy so when I buy something and something is wrong, I make a stink until I get my money back of my product. I don't pay for return shipping on broken or incorrect items, I don't ship items until I have a refund or an adequate replacement (unless it's through PayPal) and I don't stop until I get what's mine.

SkinnyHare
12-10-2009, 05:43 AM
I've had bad experiences (similar to those in this thread) with:
I&I Sports / I&I Discount / ns1distribution
Action Sports Paintball / RonASP
ANS Gear / ANS Extreme / BarbsPB

haha i wish i'd seen this earlier... i just got something off i&i's ebay shop

Tunaman
12-10-2009, 06:35 AM
If anyone needs anything from CP just let me know. That looks like a knock-off to me. I wouldn't stand for it.

Ratt
12-10-2009, 01:58 PM
I have done a lot of business with e-paintball.com. They have great customer service, fast shipping, and the prices are average. Some items are cheaper, some are the same or a couple dollars higher than some places. If I'm looking for something that I can't find on AO, I go there.