PDA

View Full Version : Oh, please USPS, tell me you didn't..

Shirow
09-21-2009, 08:28 AM
Mailed off parts to be cerakoted on 9/14 by USPS priority.

As of 9/19 they had not arrived.

I also mailed off four other things that day, none of them being worth as much as all my gun parts.. and of course, they arrived within 2 days.

I paid for insurance but after looking at the USPS website I realize I need receipts for everything to claim it, which is hard to have when you either bought them for cash from a guy locally years ago or off AO :|

Hopefully they will arrive today. Sigh. Anyone else seen priority take 7 days to arrive? This is to GA from WI btw.

oldironmudder
09-21-2009, 08:34 AM
It could have gotten lost or missed placed. Held up at some post office somewhere.

You gotta wait 45days to file a claim. Receipt, is the seller still online? If so talk to them about making a receipt for what you paid for it.

Ive been waiting since 8-18-09 to get a sterling from England. It should have been here before Sept. but never showed.

Talk to your postmaster to get this ironed out.

xero28
09-21-2009, 08:35 AM
They could have easily been misrouted. I used to work for UPS here in California and frequently saw things going to Idaho because the zip code was the same except for the first number. I'm sure USPS has the same problems. As long as it was in a good solid box and labeled nicely, I'm sure it'll turn up soon. Here's hoping. ;)

Shirow
09-21-2009, 08:37 AM
They could have easily been misrouted. I used to work for UPS here in California and frequently saw things going to Idaho because the zip code was the same except for the first number. I'm sure USPS has the same problems. As long as it was in a good solid box and labeled nicely, I'm sure it'll turn up soon. Here's hoping. ;)

I hope so...

I guess I will be playing with a rental this weekend :(

Fred
09-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Track. Everything. Every. Time.

Shirow
09-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Track. Everything. Every. Time.

Learned that already, wish I had learned it with something else though.

drg
09-21-2009, 03:08 PM
I have had priority off and on take a long time, and have had a similar situation where other items arrive early. Cross fingers...

MANN
09-21-2009, 03:23 PM
I shipped a feedneck from TN to ATL GA. ~ a 4 hr drive between the two. It took ~ 12 days priority. I had tracking, and somehow it ended up in FL then back to GA. I wouldn't count it lost until at least 30 days have passed.

Shirow
09-21-2009, 09:42 PM
I shipped a feedneck from TN to ATL GA. ~ a 4 hr drive between the two. It took ~ 12 days priority. I had tracking, and somehow it ended up in FL then back to GA. I wouldn't count it lost until at least 30 days have passed.

Well, that's good to hear, I still have some hope then!

Shirow
09-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Parts showed up today. Phew :)