PDA

View Full Version : AM/MM rail design?

Newt
09-21-2009, 04:17 PM
I've been wondering this since I got one. What's with the AM/MM rail's profile? When I first saw the thing, I thought it was dovetail mounts on each side at an odd angle. If you've ever tried to use them that way, you know that's not the case.

Why did AGD decide on this design?

BiNumber3
09-21-2009, 06:41 PM
there's a sidecar that can mount onto the side, used to carry straightshot squeegees.
i think i've seen people mount laserpointers on it too.

Chrome
09-21-2009, 06:45 PM
A small low power scope fits on there too.

Tym
09-22-2009, 04:25 AM
It is a dovetail mount, I've put full size scopes, lasers and red dot sights on it..

Dovetail scope rings fit on there nicely..

Flatliner333
09-22-2009, 04:02 PM
there's a sidecar that can mount onto the side, used to carry straightshot squeegees.
i think i've seen people mount laserpointers on it too.

Really...Dont I feel stupid... I have a rail that I drilled and tapped to put bracketts on there for holding my sgueege. I used some sort of cabnet hardwear if I remember right...real getto but it worked. :tard:

athomas
09-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Really...Dont I feel stupid... I have a rail that I drilled and tapped to put bracketts on there for holding my sgueege.What's a squeegie? :D

You must have used one before the invention of the level 10 ;)

Spider-TW
09-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Is it just the price or has someone tried a JCS rail adapter on a am/mm rail? I've never seen one in use.

http://www.doropaintball.com/ab1038101equick/images/content/3Long78AccessoryRailL.jpg

athomas
09-22-2009, 08:29 PM
You can get all different sizes of rings for the 3/8" dovetail rail. It really makes the adapters obsolete for most applications unless you want a riser, and there are even elevated rings for that. Any sports shop that sells rifle/handgun accessories should have these.