PDA

View Full Version : Loader for RT Pro?

dolphin1823
09-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Hey gang, got a loader question. I picked up an RT Pro off Ebay,came with a Viewloader Revi w/ the X board, put a ULE body and changed the stock feed neck with an C.P. clamping feed neck and installed a Level 10 bolt in the marker and used it last Sunday.
The marker worked great, but about 6-8 times during the day I pinched a ball, the Lvl 10 bolt did its job, no chops, but it cost me some good shots. I was a little baffled, as I wasn’t ripping off strings, just 2 –3 shot burst.

Do I really need to go with a force feed loader?

I know with the Revi, there is delay with the agitating since it needs to wait for a gap to spin, and I seem to remember not having this problem when I had my Ricochet loader years ago, but that agitated per every trigger pull.

Any advice is appreciated
Thanks

Shirow
09-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Was the loader upright? If so, 3 shot bursts are unlikely to be quick enough to require a force feed in my experience. If you were tilting it, it can happen.

Try a warp :)

athomas
09-22-2009, 04:47 PM
You can intelli-feed the revy. It will make a faster response to the shots being fired.

I suspect the fast action of the retro valve combined with a low neck and possibly a slightly tilted gun angle are causing your pinch issues. Even an intellifeed activation won't even help if this is what is happening. Any gravity fed system will suffer from the same problems, even the Egg and the Richochet. The only solution may be to get a force fed hopper.

The powerfed bodies did not suffer the same fate. The blowback air bounced the next ball into the chamber faster than it could fall by gravity.

vf-xx
09-22-2009, 05:31 PM
I've always found that the 6-arm impeller upgrade did wonders for my revvy. Helps alot on minior tilts.

Ando
09-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Try cleaning up your detentes too. I've had issues like that due to sticky detentes

Newt
09-23-2009, 08:55 AM
I've never had an issue with my old(ish) Halo. They can be had very reasonably now.

That Dye Rotor is high on my wish list though. Very slick system, it makes my Halo look like my Tippmann 98 does when I set my mag next to it.

XmaverickX
09-23-2009, 03:20 PM
I use a Ricocet AK and have never had that problem. I have also used the Revvy w/X Board though, and still no problems. Was the battery low in your loader?