PDA

View Full Version : Annoing a ULE body

OPBN
09-23-2009, 01:34 PM
I was looking through the BST threads and saw someone mentioning removing a ring when they were sending something out to be annoed. I have been getting mine ready to send out and wondered about this statement. When I look into the back of the ULE body, I can see some sort of ring that looks like it is seperate from the body. Do I need to remove this before sending out? If so, how?

kwood
09-23-2009, 01:49 PM
is the ad you were talking about the Xmag one?
i am pretty sure that is just for xmags friend
i could be wrong but if someone else wants to chime in on this one too just to be sure

OPBN
09-23-2009, 01:52 PM
It was for an Xmag, and I figured as much, but there is some sort of ring inside the ULE body..

kwood
09-23-2009, 02:08 PM
that ring you see should be the ring that is in place to hold the bolt spring when the marker is fired
i am pretty sure that i part of the body milling

Piranti
09-23-2009, 02:10 PM
There is an additional Steel ring inside the MAG ULE body which prevents flaring of the softer aluminium from the impacts and pressure from the bolt cycling. and yes it does need to be removed before Anno since it is steel.

OPBN
09-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Any idea how? I have been trying to get it out with a dental pick and doesnt seem to want to come out and play.

Wrathbringer
09-23-2009, 02:21 PM
There is an additional Steel ring inside the MAG ULE body which prevents flaring of the softer aluminium from the impacts and pressure from the bolt cycling. and yes it does need to be removed before Anno since it is steel.

FYI it is necessary on ALL aluminum bodies to protect them from the spring and bolt. If you have an aluminum body and it doesn't have the ring then you're in trouble. I know a number of I.T. Bodies were destroyed this way.

Spider-TW
09-23-2009, 03:02 PM
There is a wire spring clip holding it in. I've never done it, but iirc, you need two picks or probes to lift and pull the wire clip out from the edge and the washer should come out easily.

Here it is... (http://www.deadlywind.com/tech/ring_clip/index.html)

Smoothice
09-23-2009, 03:10 PM

OMG!!!!!

He's alive!!!!!

OPBN
09-23-2009, 03:39 PM
There is a wire spring clip holding it in. I've never done it, but iirc, you need two picks or probes to lift and pull the wire clip out from the edge and the washer should come out easily.

Here it is... (http://www.deadlywind.com/tech/ring_clip/index.html)

Thanks. Got it out. What a pain in the rear.

SSP REAPER
09-23-2009, 03:43 PM
wait till you try and reinstall it when it goes back together... fun times and lots of swearing!