PDA

View Full Version : Bad Reg spring pack??

BigTrucker
09-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Okay i got ahold of my friends 68automag that has been sitting for about 12 years or so. I put all new o rings and new level 7 bolt with new spring. I went out and played with it and everything was fine untill it started leaking out of the back. Told myself no big deal i have a New reg Pistion sitting at home. I changed it out today and i get the same thing, every thing is fine for a little bit then the Hisss out of the back followed by one verry hot shot when i shoot it. Could i have a bad reg spring pack? (Im not using CO2.)

Thinks
:cheers:

Rudz
09-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Try lowering the velocity, what is the gun chronod at right now?

Coralis
09-28-2009, 06:32 PM
It wouldnt be the spring pack, if there is a problem it will either the the oring on the brass piston, or the piston needs to be replaced. assuming the velocity isnt set to high.

secretweaponevan
09-28-2009, 06:46 PM
If you are venting out the back and then have a very hot shot, your reg seat is leaking.

Replace it.

BigTrucker
09-28-2009, 07:07 PM
If you are venting out the back and then have a very hot shot, your reg seat is leaking.

Replace it.
Humm I'll give this a try even though its a new reg seat. The mag was chronod at about 280 when I had this problem and I replaced the brass pistion with a nickel one I bought from AGD

athomas
10-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Make sure you install the regulator seat oring in the proper orientation. It has a direction even though its not supposed to. One way it snaps in, the other way it doesn't. Make sure the fat end is towards the back of the valve.

Make sure the regulator seat oring is an AGD oring. I have tried aftermarket regulator seat orings and they are best left in the trash.