PDA

View Full Version : Air America Raptor Rex Adj Regulator (leaking thread again)

XlaSerX007
09-30-2009, 08:36 AM
Hello All,
(Newbie on board here).

I have an issue with my Raptor Rex regulator. and needs some help.

History
I receive as a gift a 68/4500 tank for my paintball with an Air America Raptor Rex regulator.

But when I went to fill the tank, the problem started…
1- The shop start to fill the tank, at 1000psi, the 1.8k burst disk blow….(yeh!)
2- I open the regulator and found that the problem was that the pin valve was like an "S"
3- So I ordered the replacement parts (The kit is called "Quick kit", which is includes the regulator pin valve, spring, urethane seat and piston o-ring).
4- I replaced all parts on the regulator.
5- Then went back to the shop to fill it again, We are still not even at 1000PSI and now, it's leaking from a vent hole (See attach image for indication).
6- We tried to go higher, the 1.8k burst disk blew again.

So now, I have no idea what it's wrong with it…
Could you help or guide me on this?

Thank you very much
:cry:

http://www.ericarcand.ca/images/rex-small.jpg

Shane-O-Mac
09-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Hello All,
(Newbie on board here).

I have an issue with my Raptor Rex regulator. and needs some help.

History
I receive as a gift a 68/4500 tank for my paintball with an Air America Raptor Rex regulator.

But when I went to fill the tank, the problem started…
1- The shop start to fill the tank, at 1000psi, the 1.8k burst disk blow….(yeh!)
2- I open the regulator and found that the problem was that the pin valve was like an "S"
3- So I ordered the replacement parts (The kit is called "Quick kit", which is includes the regulator pin valve, spring, urethane seat and piston o-ring).
4- I replaced all parts on the regulator.
5- Then went back to the shop to fill it again, We are still not even at 1000PSI and now, it's leaking from a vent hole (See attach image for indication).
6- We tried to go higher, the 1.8k burst disk blew again.

So now, I have no idea what it's wrong with it…
Could you help or guide me on this?

Thank you very much
:cry:

http://www.ericarcand.ca/images/rex-small.jpg

Check and make sure you didnt bend the pin again. When you replace the pin, do not screw the adjuster down much at all. It looks as if you turned it in too much before airing it up, and bent the pin. Just leave the adjuster out as far as you can and it be secure. Then fill your tank. If it blows the lp disk again you have a bad seat. If it holds, then slowly adjust the pressure up to the desired output. Search this forum and you will find info I posted about how to properly degass this system.

XlaSerX007
09-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Check and make sure you didnt bend the pin again. When you replace the pin, do not screw the adjuster down much at all. It looks as if you turned it in too much before airing it up, and bent the pin. Just leave the adjuster out as far as you can and it be secure. Then fill your tank. If it blows the lp disk again you have a bad seat. If it holds, then slowly adjust the pressure up to the desired output. Search this forum and you will find info I posted about how to properly degass this system.

I'm sure at 100% that the Pin Valve isn't bent again, the technician re-open the regulator after the last problem, and everything was alright.

Even if the seat is new it could be bad?
So if I understand correctly the vent hole is just a warning that their is a problem before blowing the burst disk, right?

Ando
09-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Wrong burst disk maybe?

Shane-O-Mac
10-02-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm sure at 100% that the Pin Valve isn't bent again, the technician re-open the regulator after the last problem, and everything was alright.

Even if the seat is new it could be bad?
So if I understand correctly the vent hole is just a warning that their is a problem before blowing the burst disk, right?

Not exactly. It can leak air out of there if the piston o-ring is nicked or bad.

Make sure your not putting a LP disc in the HP side. Take the adjuster off and remove the spring pack and piston. Fill the tank and see if it leaks out of the piston area. When the tank has air in it you can put a few drops of water or rubbing alcohol in that area and look for bubbles. If its bubbling then yes your seat is leaking. Also when you installed the new seat you have to torque the body halves together, if you can see light between the body halves (hold up to the sky/ceiling) you didnt tighten them together as much as you should have. And YES occasionally you can install a new seat and it may leak, didnt happen very often, but it can happen.

magmahan
04-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I am having a similar problem and did a google search and voila! I filled the tank, the burst disk blew. replaced it, then a small leak started to come from the small bleed hole. I will have to open it up and check on the pin to see if its bent. Also, what are the specs on both of the burst disks for this reg? I am going to order a couple spairs just in case. Thanks!