PDA

View Full Version : Replacing foam on the goggle frame of a JT Proflex

chuey
09-30-2009, 02:30 PM
So I've had the same goggle system for 7 years now and I've grown to love it. I just replace the lens every year or so. The foam that goes around the frame and abuts my face is starting to wear though.

Do you have any suggestions as to what I should use to "ghetto rig" the foam with replacement. I was thinking of using self stick foam weather stripping has anyone else got any good ideas?

Temo Vryce
09-30-2009, 03:04 PM
You should be able to find replacement foam for you mask. Here's an example of VForce foam.

http://www.amazon.com/V-Force-Shield-Morph-Profiler-Density/dp/B001PKGXO6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1254341170&sr=1-3

warpfeedmod
09-30-2009, 03:54 PM
I used just the above to replace the foam on my mask, however the issue was geting it to stick to the mask. Once you've cleaned off all the old foam, I took some real fine sandpaper, and scratched up the areas where the foam was. I tried all different things to get it to stick, I finally found some model glue from the hobby shop that stays pliable yet "hardens" enough to not drip, etc.

I tried caulk, I tried other adhesive glues, nothing worked except this.

I hadn't tried silicone adhesive used around like car windshields and stuff, someone reccomended that and you can buy a tube at the local auto parts store.

gimp
10-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Just use velcro like they use on the old flex masks. I've got two sets of foam for my flex 7. Sometimes I'll swap them if I get to sweaty. Unfortunatly I can't find replacement foam at all, but that vforce stuff looks like it might fit. hmm

tmoneyblingbling
10-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Just use velcro like they use on the old flex masks. I've got two sets of foam for my flex 7. Sometimes I'll swap them if I get to sweaty. Unfortunatly I can't find replacement foam at all, but that vforce stuff looks like it might fit. hmm

JT Wetex, if you're lucky to find them. Or pickup a lightly used flex frame for cheap.