PDA

View Full Version : Threads "Blew" apart

Sir. Foxalot
02-03-2002, 09:56 AM
Hey guys, I was shooting the last 10 shots of my day yesterday and suddenly my trigger becomes very hard to pull. I have an RT vlve so i was like hmmmmm. OK my pressure was stable at 750 and i didnt chop a ball. All of the sudden I here air ruhing out of my valve. So I quickly turn off my flatline and go hmmmmmmmm. OK when I get home I take out my vlave and take off my bolt. And excuse my lack of real names here but its early. Ok you know where the bolt slides on Theres 3/4 siver part and the end is a gold part. That gold part was shot up inside my bolt. Ifinally get it out and the threads on the gold part are destroyed. The top thread is gone like it is just not there and the others havne been striped like a mofo so here is finally my question... DID somethings else go wrong in the valve to brreak this part? I am gonna go ahead and order a new one from AGD but While im at it should I get a nouther part. Hence did I break anouther part that I cant see?
Thanx all ya guys

virus
02-03-2002, 10:27 AM
in stead of ordering new... send the valve into AGD for them to look over.... of course call them first so they can tell you excatly what to do to send it back....

as for the powertube tip(gold part you described... made out of brass) haing its threads striped away... ya got me.....

for quick and cheap shipping us the post office and send prioty mail (under $4 for 2-3 day shipping) and get the inssuarnce for it also.... (may2 buck at most)... just make sure you pack it right so the valve dont move around alot crupled up newspaper works good....

good luck with your valve

Paintchucker
02-03-2002, 10:46 AM
Goto this page and when you click on a part, it will tell you what the part is. I think you are talking about the powertip tube, but I am not sure???

Retro Valve Exploded View (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=142&CATID=6)

Butterfingers
02-03-2002, 11:03 AM
Do you have a bolt bumper? I had an ELCD frame and the bumper thay gave me was useless. My gun ate through 3 powertube tips and actually broke the loctite on the actual powertube before I figured out that thin bumper POS was crap. I replaced it with the stock bumper and went to a .207 proteam spaccer to compensate.

Heres what happens, the powertube tip works itself loose because of the vibration, which the bumper is supposed to stop. Once the powertube tip works itself loose it gets pounded into oblivion by the bolt and thus you have mangled metal.

Sir. Foxalot
02-03-2002, 11:32 AM
Thanx for your guys's imput Yanow that I am awake I remember the powertube tip:) umm I think I will call AGD and see what they say It cant hurt But if anyone has any more ideas LMK. As far as the bumper I am not sure ill go check it out now. Thanx again

X-Plosive
02-03-2002, 08:06 PM
Bahh, that happend to me last week except it just unscrewed, I had previously replaced all the o-ring in my valve and I suppose I didn't tighten the powerube tip all the way(couldn't find a nickel). NO damage occured except a torn o-ring and I also lost a powertube spacer. I fixed it all in about 5 minutes.