PDA

View Full Version : I thought rainmaker threads were same as cocker???q

Ms54Coupe
10-01-2009, 09:18 AM
So I bought a super cheap jacko barrel for a brass eagle rainmaker because I thought they had the same threads as an autococker...I got the barrel in the mail and it does not fit my micromag...what gives?

SSP REAPER
10-01-2009, 09:40 AM
So I bought a super cheap jacko barrel for a brass eagle rainmaker because I thought they had the same threads as an autococker...I got the barrel in the mail and it does not fit my micromag...what gives?
more than likely it is Spyder thread.

BigEvil
10-01-2009, 09:53 AM

Sure it wasnt a Brass Eagle RAPTOR?

Ms54Coupe
10-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Auction Description...

12" Fluted and Ported Barrel
Custom Clear Coated anodized aluminum
Improves accuracy and performance
Fits on Rainmaker Paintball Marker

Condition: New In Box

Am I wrong that rainmaker takes cocker barrels which obviously also fit micromag??? If the barrel is supposed to fit then I think I got the wrong barrel and I will file a complaint.

Nate

Frizzle Fry
10-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Auction Description...

12" Fluted and Ported Barrel
Custom Clear Coated anodized aluminum
Improves accuracy and performance
Fits on Rainmaker Paintball Marker

Condition: New In Box

Am I wrong that rainmaker takes cocker barrels which obviously also fit micromag??? If the barrel is supposed to fit then I think I got the wrong barrel and I will file a complaint.

Nate

It depends on what kind of micromag this is... I have a Gen2 Micromag that won't accept All-American barrels; I've tried two and niether will screw in, the tolerances just aren't right. Meanwhile, I run an SS Freak barrel on the same marker without any problems. I've also had a Micromag Clone that for some reason wouldn't accept new cocker barrels... I sat down with a friend and 20 some odd barrels we had and tried each one; only the ones made before about 2002 would fit.

I'd borrow a few cocker barrels and see if they work before you complain; it could be your body. Also, post pictures of the threading on your Jacko barrel. Cocker threading is fairly easy to identify at a glance; even easier if you take a picture next to a penny or something for scale.

All that aside, the ad doesn't say that it fits autocockers, it says BE Rainmaker. Unless you've tried (and failed) to screw it in to a Rainmaker you can't go accusing them of false advertising... Logic would state that it works for Micromags, but they didn't advertise "cocker threaded" they advertised "BE Rainmaker".

Ms54Coupe
10-01-2009, 02:25 PM
ya I am not saying that it is false advertising i am just saying I had this exact same barrel for my last micromag and it fit perfect...either the threads on my new mag are different or the threads on the new barrel are different.

secretweaponevan
10-01-2009, 04:44 PM
When Bud Orr made the sniper, he used a proprietary thread. Since then, gun and barrel manufacturers have reverse-engineered the threads, sometimes being off a couple thou in the process.

This is why some "cocker threaded" guns won't take all barrels and vice versa.

Thanks to Manike who filled me in on this at a past Castle.