PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Pneumag

diabeticbastard
10-01-2009, 10:49 AM
I am working on a pneumag. Aired it up for the first time and the ram does not have enough force to cycle the gun. It does have a small leak where the LPR joins with the asa. Using a tickler lpr, MPA-3 and MSV-2. I can add pics if needed. I placed the piston against the sear, idk if that would be a problem. Thanks for any help.

BigEvil
10-01-2009, 11:52 AM
With the gun aired up, there should be a space between the ram and the sear leg. (at least 1/8"). Its called "pre-travel". Works much better that way.

You can also increase the LPR to see if that helps.

PrimoRocker
10-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Using a ULT??

rawbutter
10-01-2009, 02:11 PM
The leak could be an issue, but as long as you're getting some air to go through, it shouldn't be a deal-breaker.

The space between the piston and the sear could be the problem too. When the bolt is resetting, the sear moves further forward than its natural "resting" place. If there's no forward space to move, then the bolt can't reset.

If that doesn't fix the problem, just use the process of elimination.

Step One: Disconnect the hose between the LPR and the valve. See if air is coming out of the LPR. If not, ramp it up.

Step Two: If the LPR is okay, disconnect the valve from the piston. See if air comes out of the hose when you press the valve lever. If no air comes out, then you don't have enough travel room.... or maybe you attached the hoses in the wrong spots.

Step Three: If you can determine that the LPR and valve are working, remove the sear and see if the piston actually moves correctly. Perhaps you reassembled something incorrectly?

If they're all working correctly, then :confused: Maybe you got a bad part somewhere.

secretweaponevan
10-01-2009, 04:41 PM
We need to know what valve and on/off you are using.

diabeticbastard
10-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Was the space between the sear and ram thanks for the help.