PDA

View Full Version : Hyper framed emag

vmaxnick
10-01-2009, 04:00 PM
I've just acquired a Hyper framed Emag and after spending a long time messing with it changing sears etc I found I could get it working really well by shimming the Noid.
At first I had the idea that the capacitor needed replacing as the noid didn't seem to have enough power to trigger the on/off pin, but with the addition of a thin shim behind the noid, it now shoots ropes.
Is it normal to alter the throw of the noid with shims or have I just fixed the symptoms. This is my first EMag and I know nothing about them. Also, I am missing one grip. Any idea where I can get one?

BigEvil
10-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Luke makes some nice aftermarket grips and triggers for the hyperframe, check them out
www.Lukescustoms.com

Tell me more about how you 'shimmed' the noid? What valve and rail do you have? Are you using a ULT or Centerflag on/off? There are many variables that can make your hyperframe experience miserable.

Sea_Chip
10-01-2009, 04:18 PM
I have a Raw pair of aluminum grips F/S from Luke if you're interested or if you just are in need/want the plastic grips than just send me your address and I'll send them to you at no cost.

vmaxnick
10-01-2009, 04:29 PM
I have a Raw pair of aluminum grips F/S from Luke if you're interested or if you just are in need/want the plastic grips than just send me your address and I'll send them to you at no cost.

That is a very generous offer, I am in England though so would need to send you a pp payment to at least cover the postage.
If posting to England is not an issue, I would be interested in buying both sets.
If it's too much stress to send them here I will fully understand.

Thanks
Nick

vmaxnick
10-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Luke makes some nice aftermarket grips and triggers for the hyperframe, check them out
www.Lukescustoms.com

Tell me more about how you 'shimmed' the noid? What valve and rail do you have? Are you using a ULT or Centerflag on/off? There are many variables that can make your hyperframe experience miserable.

The valve is a standard 68 classic Level 7 Bolt and from what I can see it is a standard 68 on/off Regarding shimming the noid, to the rear of the noid bolt is like a flat washer which limits how far the electro magnet throws the bolt forward against the sear. by experimenting with feeler gauges, I found that the noid could cycle the air valve perfectly with the help of a 20 thou shim behind the rear of the noid, so on the opposite side of the noid to the firing sear.
I haven't altered the position of the body of the noid, just the position where the noid bolt sits at rest and returns to after it cycles, effectively shortening it's stroke if that makes sense.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s34/vmaxnick/68%20mag/Emagmarked.jpg

Coralis
10-01-2009, 05:34 PM
I have a hyper framed mag and it was a bit finicky about working unless the solenoid was in just the right place, eventually I got a ult and I haven't had anymore issues with it.

vmaxnick
10-01-2009, 05:40 PM
I have a hyper framed mag and it was a bit finicky about working unless the solenoid was in just the right place, eventually I got a ult and I haven't had anymore issues with it.
Bit of a noobie question I know but would a ULT from an RT work as I have a spare. I can make my own firing pin if the RT one is too short

Coralis
10-01-2009, 05:44 PM
The ult only came in one size, the shims are used to adjust the length of the pin.

I just dropped mine with two shims and havent had to adjust it 4 years

vmaxnick
10-01-2009, 06:02 PM
The ult only came in one size, the shims are used to adjust the length of the pin.

I just dropped mine with two shims and havent had to adjust it 4 years

AH HA! I see my problem, I've just looked at the ULT kit pictures and I am missing the shims.
That would explain why I couldn't get the ULT to work in my 68 classic.
I will see what I can do about some shims and experiment with the ULT in a mech mag. If I can get it working, I will try it in the Emag.
Incidentally, The Hyper Emag is shooting ropes with the shim behind the noid, I just wondered if this was a normal adjustment method or if I was finding the wrong cure to the problem, sort of; stopping the symptoms without curing the disease!

Ando
10-01-2009, 06:52 PM
If you have a lvl 10 bolt you can use the shims from it. Just remember each shim from the lvl 10 is like using 2 ult shims.

ULT shims = .005
Lvl 10 shims = .010

Coralis
10-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Well if it works and your happy with it then I wouldnt mess it unless is screws up again, I remember coming quite close to throwing mine in the trash before I finally got it working correctly.

geeser
10-04-2009, 06:47 AM
I never had a Hyper Frame, but I did have a mako storm frame and it came with shims to do just what you are doing. Shimming the noid should not give you any problems as long as everything else works and it is not causing any leaks.
Geeser

vmaxnick
10-04-2009, 10:35 AM
I never had a Hyper Frame, but I did have a mako storm frame and it came with shims to do just what you are doing. Shimming the noid should not give you any problems as long as everything else works and it is not causing any leaks.
Geeser

Thanks Geeser, that's the answer I was hoping for! :)