PDA

View Full Version : My new HALO *Update*

Doobie
02-03-2002, 10:26 AM
I tried to change the title of my old thread but it wouldn't change on the forum listing. So here is the skinny!
I'm in love with this thing!
Alright...I was actually testing a few thing tonight, 2 of which could have an effect on paint breakage. 1) the HALO 2) the plastic nubbins
I shot a combination of 3 different types of paint. Diablo Midnight, Diablo Blaze, And... wait for it...Brass Eagle!
I only had 200 rnds of Midnight, but if fed like a charm! I could not out shoot the HALO. I put the Hyperframe on semi and 13Bps (it's max) and fanned the trigger as fast as I could. No problem. The HALO kept the balls stacked up and ready. I have a clear elbow and the paint was moving through in one continuous motion. "Everybody out, one exit, no waiting!" Most of what I shot was Blaze. Once again, the HALO fed effortlessly. I had one break on the day and it was down the barrel. The HALO is a bit heavier than the Revy but having the batteries up front and the electronics in back balences it out nicely. The only time weight became an issue is when I had to tilt the HALO out at an angle to get a shot. The weight was noticably different here than the Revy. Not incredibly heavy, but noticable. I got used to it quite easily. I had many people wanting a chance to look at it or ask how it worked. Some said they heard it was incredibly loud. It is louder than a revy, but it only turns when the gun is fired. It is not louder than my mag when shooting. One of the refs, Justin of Outer Limits Paintball in Rolla, MO, fired it on his Bushmaster. "On" may not be the right word. The feed neck of the HALO is rather thick by design. This way, all you have to do to get it to fit is sand it down for your feed neck. If they had made it smaller, it may be too small for some necks and need an insert. It was too thick for Justin's feed neck on his Bushmaster so I just held it up to the neck while he faned the trigger. He was going quite fast, but even with me just holding the HALO in place, there were no dry shots and no breaks. I then ran 140 rnds of BE paint through. I looked at this stuff before loading it and saw many mis-shaped balls. I thought to myself, "Why am I putting this $&*# in here, it's just gonna jam or break" Guess what? No jams, no breaks. I have never, and I mean never been able to shoot BE paint fast with my revy and not chop a ball. I do wonder if the plastic nubbins helped at all. That is the drawback testing 2 things at the same time.
During play I shot on semi @13 Bps, burst @10 Bps, and Hyper at 9 Bps. Not once was I able to out shoot the HALO.
As for any Ricochet capability... not tonight. I had 2 breaks on the very front of the HALO. My fault for leaving it hang out there. (I know...a warp would fix it, but cha-ching$$$)
The 20 min auto shut off only cut the loader off on me one time after a long break in play. Luckily I checked to make sure it was still on before the game started. I still believe this feature may be a draw back during Big/Scenario games.
Over all impressions...I like it...I like it a lot. It's rare that one piece of equipment can change the function of your marker as dramaticaly as this did. I'm very impressed and reccomend the HALO to anyone who shoots long strings of paint in the 12 Bps+ range quite often.
Any questions? Ask away!:D

-sCaN-
02-03-2002, 11:30 AM
im gettin one soon because of what u just said...both of my brand new 12 volt revyys i have cant kepp up with my new vert feed cocker...i was stumped on what to do but now i know the answer..HALO...nice post u wrote and u totally convinced me...thx

sCaN

Doobie
02-06-2002, 09:55 PM
I'm up'n this because it didn't get as many reads as the first thread and I don't want anyone to miss out on what happened.
:D

Temo Vryce
02-07-2002, 07:43 AM
Up for a good report on a good loader. Nice use of different types of paint and different markers.