PDA

View Full Version : Tac-One problem

datajack
10-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Okay I've been on the phone with AGD twice and I'm still having this problem. I've tried all their suggestions and still not working. I'm hoping someone here can help me. Here's what happens:

I gas up the Tac-One and it begins to leak down the barrel. I put my finger into the neck feed and push the bolt back. It catches and the leak stops. The gun fires normally. Now the leak is back and I have to push the bolt back again. It catches, leak stops gun fires. Rinse and repeat.

I've spent a total of about an hour on the phone with AGD with no luck. I'm using a high pressure Nitro tank (4500, 850psi, yes the tank is full). I've played with the level 10, the ULT, the o-rings in every part of the X-Valve. Not sure what else to do.

Please help!!!

SSP REAPER
10-02-2009, 11:31 AM
try removing a shim out of your powertube tip. If there are 3, remove 1. See if that works.

Enhander
10-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Also, check your lvl 10 carrier, it may be too big and causing bolt stick

datajack
10-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Also, check your lvl 10 carrier, it may be too big and causing bolt stick

Okay I'll try both of these suggestions. On the carrier, I should go down one size at a time?

Enhander
10-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Okay I'll try both of these suggestions. On the carrier, I should go down one size at a time?
Try going down 1 size

Ebbed
10-02-2009, 03:58 PM
In my experience with my Tac One the best way to fix problems is to revert back to the last setup that worked. Did you change your o-rings BEFORE this problem started happening? Did this start happening after you added some upgrades? Perhaps A new tank reg, bolt spring, or trigger?

athomas
10-02-2009, 07:07 PM
If it resets when you push the bolt back, then going to a smaller carrier size will make it worst. Bolt requires a larger carrier. If it is just leaking, it could be too many shims, or a carrier that is too large.

Your problem sounds like bolt stick due to a carrier that is too tight or possibly a ULT that is leaking into the chamber.

Remove all the powertube shims first. Then change the carrier to the largest one that doesn't leak. Always use the same white carrier oring in each carrier. Once that is done, tune the ULT. Start with only a couple of ULT shims. Install shims one at a time until the bolt sticks or goes full auto. Then remove the last one that caused the problem. This procedure should get rid of your problem.