PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the story behind GunIt Paintball?

Frizzle Fry
10-03-2009, 12:06 AM
...I ordered some parts from them over a week ago, and recieved PayPal confirmation of payment receipt, as well as an email from the site stating that I was now a "member" and might recieve email updates from them from time to time.

Other than that, I've got nothing.

I'm not quite worried yet, but usually you get shipping notification or "order processed" emails of some kinds not just from PayPal but from the company you're buying from... I just want to know ahead of time if there's something up with the site (it seems like a small business). I paid $12 for good UPS shipping so it should be here soon, I think.

All I knew about them before ordering is that they have the right to produce ACI Mavericks and still do.

Anybody else know anything about www.gunitpaintball.com ?

going_home
10-03-2009, 08:13 AM
The 813 area code in the phone number listed means they are in the Tampa area.
Maybe you should have your Paypal transaction printed out and in hand and give them a call ?

;)

Frizzle Fry
10-03-2009, 10:22 AM
The 813 area code in the phone number listed means they are in the Tampa area.
Maybe you should have your Paypal transaction printed out and in hand and give them a call ?

;)

Will do. I'll give'em a few days; like I said, I've got no real reason to worry (yet) but I started to get nervous at the one-week mark and figure I ought to get in touch before two weeks pass.

Thanks for the info, though!

Frizzle Fry
10-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Hmmm... Called today at 3pm and got their voicemail, which said open monday thru friday until 4:30pm :confused:

I've looked around; other people have used GunIt Paintball fairly recently. I wonder whether they've gone out of business and just not done the legwork yet? Or maybe somebody died and nobody cleaned up after them? I dunno what's going on but my order was placed 9/24 and "processed" 9/25.

I also found this:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=59652861
That's exactly what happened to me...

athomas
10-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Some smaller paintball companies don't carry their full line of advertised stock. If an order comes in, they add that item to their own order from their wholesaler. It usually takes a week or more to get their order, then they send your order.

Frizzle Fry
10-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Some smaller paintball companies don't carry their full line of advertised stock. If an order comes in, they add that item to their own order from their wholesaler. It usually takes a week or more to get their order, then they send your order.

Still I've been calling and keep just getting an automated answering machine that says "helping other customers".

On top of that, I ordered KAPP grips and a KAPP foregrip, which aren't being made currently. I just noticed that the newest item on the site is a TM7... It's possible they went under, so I've filed a paypal dispute until they contact me.