PDA

View Full Version : X-Mag Shooting/Cocking problems

mwerne04
10-05-2009, 07:47 PM
So I picked up an x-mag from a buddy of mine for real cheap (<$800). It's in nearly brand new shape. Lucky me! The trouble he had, and subsequently I am having with it, is that it is having some shooting/cocking problems.

Symptoms in MECHANICAL mode (battery is off):

-Initially cocks when gassed up, but I can only get 1 shot off and the pin does not return forward all the way.

-Pulling upward on the piston in the grip frame resets the trigger and I can fire again in mechanical mode, but it doesn't recock. It does not appear that this piston is moving very freely. When I detach the sear from the main body, the piston does move quite freely. This makes me wonder if something is bent or not seated correctly, but the sear/piston assembly doesn't appear to be bent. The trigger pin and piston "pin" length in the sear assembly look as if they are set since the gun was bought circa 2001. The board has a registered total 1100 shots on it, so not much usage. And the guy who bought it is NOT a tinkerer, so I know he hasn't toyed with it.

Symptoms in ELECTRONIC mode:

- Gun simply does not fire. Software is AGD 2.4. The eyes are turned off, and i have no idea why it won't fire. Battery is fully charged.

I'd love some help if you can. I know someone out there has had similar issues with e-mags / x-mags. You will obviously need more information so throw your questions out there and I'll respond ASAP.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!

NOTE: The X-valve works flawlessly in my RT Pro body, so I don't think it's a Valve issue.

Ando
10-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Best guess is it sounds like your sear. Talk to Tuna. He can square you away.

mwerne04
10-05-2009, 08:46 PM
How do I get in touch with this fish man?

maniacmechanic
10-05-2009, 09:07 PM
oil it , sounds like the on/off is sticking or the level X needs adjusted , to check sear /plunger freedom of movement , degas the marker & turn it over , the sear/plunger should float freely

secretweaponevan
10-05-2009, 09:15 PM
oil it , sounds like the on/off is sticking or the level X needs adjusted , to check sear /plunger freedom of movement , degas the marker & turn it over , the sear/plunger should float freely

On/off's usually don't stick (unless it is a bent ULT or superglued to the o-ring). Whenever you think it is the on/off sticking, it is 99% of the time bolt stick.

Use oil and use the largest carrier that doesn't leak.

To the OP, how long is your on/off pin?

Emags need a .712 on/off pin. A too long on/off pin would describe your symptoms of not firing at all because it is too long to go "on" allowing gas to get to the bolt.

mwerne04
10-05-2009, 09:25 PM

The plunger does not float freely when the sear is attached to the main body. When I remove the sear pin and pull off the upper body, the sear/plunger floats pretty freely. I don't see an obstruction and I don't see any bending of the sear either when I remove it.

Hrmmm how to solve this mystery?

mwerne04
10-05-2009, 09:35 PM
MECHANICAL PROBLEM SOLVED:

I took your advice and triple checked to find a way to get the plunger to move freely. I saw a VERY slight bend in the plunger/sear connection. I very carefully tweaked it back to center and *BOOM* it worked! Dry fires like an RT. VERY HAPPY! :clap:

ELECTRICAL:
When I flip the switch to electrical, I hear a dull click noise when I pull the trigger, but nothing happens. Gun doesn't fire. The Battery is fully charged, the eyes are off....don't know what else I should be paying attention to.

Thoughts?

By the way, thanks for your insight and guidance. :D

Ando
10-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Tunaman
http://www.automags.org/forums/member.php?userid=407

EDIT: Nice bro. You have a way to ck the battery output?

Multimeter?