PDA

View Full Version : Regulator Maintenance

Adam45
10-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Hi

I'm cleaning my Air America Apocolypse 2K. It recommends Lithium grease in the product manual.

Would it be OK to use SUPER LUBE OIL WITH PTFE ? Its a Teflon based product.

Heres the specs > http://www.bmed.mcgill.ca/dept_resources/machine_shop/miscellaneous/msds/Super%20Lube%20Synthetic-Based%20Lubricant%20with%20PTFE.pdf

Thanks

Ando
10-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Hi

I'm cleaning my Air America Apocolypse 2K. It recommends Lithium grease in the product manual.

Would it be OK to use SUPER LUBE OIL WITH PTFE ? Its a Teflon based product.

Heres the specs > http://www.bmed.mcgill.ca/dept_resources/machine_shop/miscellaneous/msds/Super%20Lube%20Synthetic-Based%20Lubricant%20with%20PTFE.pdf

Thanks
Try to find the Super Lube grease version or you can use dow33 (aka...shockerlube). That's what I use in mine.

Adam45
10-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Try to find the Super Lube grease version or you can use dow33 (aka...shockerlube). That's what I use in mine.

I have Dye slick lube but cant find what its made of on the infernal net. Do you know what its made of?

Adam45
10-06-2009, 12:29 AM

OK found the Super Lube grease. Thanks for the help.

Cheers

Ando
10-06-2009, 08:18 AM
That Dye stuff will work. It's the same as the Smart Parts Sleek. It's all dow33. There's also Dow55 which is pretty much the same thing. 55 swells your orings. 33 doesn't but has the same properties.

What color is the Dye lube you have? If it's white then it's 33. If it's like a green color, just throw it away. Not sure what it is but it's horrid stuff. I think there's a red dye lube as well but I've never tried it and have no clue that it is.

Adam45
10-06-2009, 09:59 AM
That Dye stuff will work. It's the same as the Smart Parts Sleek. It's all dow33. There's also Dow55 which is pretty much the same thing. 55 swells your orings. 33 doesn't but has the same properties.

What color is the Dye lube you have? If it's white then it's 33. If it's like a green color, just throw it away. Not sure what it is but it's horrid stuff. I think there's a red dye lube as well but I've never tried it and have no clue that it is.

THe Dye lube is white. Seems odd that theres no description of what it is on the packaging. Theres also no MSDS for it under its trade name. Could be anything and people are handling it with their bare hands.

Thanks for the help.

Ando
10-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Dow33 isn't going to kill you. Swallow large amounts of it and you'll be taking a dirt nap I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Shane-O-Mac
10-06-2009, 07:15 PM
The only thing you should be greasing on that reg is the on/off assembly. Use standard airgun/airtool oil and very lightly coat the piston, thats all you need to lube. Any of those miracle greases will slow down the regs recharge and the reg just wasnt designed for it. You can put some white lithium or other miracle grease on the spring pack, but thats only to keep it from rusting or corroding.

Adam45
10-06-2009, 10:12 PM
The only thing you should be greasing on that reg is the on/off assembly. Use standard airgun/airtool oil and very lightly coat the piston, thats all you need to lube. Any of those miracle greases will slow down the regs recharge and the reg just wasnt designed for it. You can put some white lithium or other miracle grease on the spring pack, but thats only to keep it from rusting or corroding.

Yup thats what I was using the grease for. The on / off was getting hard to turn. The rest I basically left alone cause there wasnt any problems.

Shane-O-Mac
10-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Yup thats what I was using the grease for. The on / off was getting hard to turn. The rest I basically left alone cause there wasnt any problems.

about every fourth time playing, take the piston out, clean it and oil it. Thats about all the maintenance you need.

Adam45
10-10-2009, 12:09 AM
about every fourth time playing, take the piston out, clean it and oil it. Thats about all the maintenance you need.

I was having troubled with the reg so I thought a good cleaning was in order. Turns out the previous owner added an extra spring below the piston. Not only that but it was bent over at 90* and squashed like a bug. Just lucky the pin valve was not damaged.

I cleaned it and greased and oiled according to the manual I downloaded. Its working really well now and I'm getting some really nice responses from my xvalve and Emaxx.

pump
10-10-2009, 06:55 AM
call Guerrilla Air and ask for their lube, its really sticky and slick
feels slicker than techt lube, but im not too sure now