PDA

View Full Version : GWAR fodder

Warwitch
10-07-2009, 12:30 PM
This is what the front row of a GWAR show looks like. :headbang:

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1019/frontaxw.jpg

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2535/backfg.jpg

This was about the 20th time Ive seen them over the last two decades. Couldnt get the wife to go with me for some reason? Always an awesome show though. The stage of the Ritz (in Ybor, Florida) is kind of tiny for all their props but the pit was as good as ever. Had to regulate on some of these friggin' kiddies. :argh: There was some dude in a Batman costume getting his rear-end handed to him. :rofl:

Any other Scumdogs in the house?

sandfreestyle
10-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Saddam a Go-Go

:headbang:

xero28
10-07-2009, 02:09 PM
There was a movie back in the early 90's, Mystery Date, with Ethan Hawke. They're running away from some Asian mob killers and make their way into a GWAR concert. I can't say that I'd want to be front row center for that, a Cross between Gallagher and The Evil Dead.

Warwitch
10-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Saddam a Go-Go

:headbang:

Yep. They played (opened with) it. Here is what I can remember from the set list:

Saddam a Go-Go
Metal Land
Maggots (what Automag fan doesnt like Maggots? :p )
Have You Seen Me?
Surf of Syn
The Apes of Wrath
Immortal Corruptor
Bring Back the Bomb
Lust in Space
Let Them Slay
and Where is Zog?

There was a movie back in the early 90's, Mystery Date, with Ethan Hawke. They're running away from some Asian mob killers and make their way into a GWAR concert. I can't say that I'd want to be front row center for that, a Cross between Gallagher and The Evil Dead.

Lol, I vaguely remember that flick. And hey if youre going to bother going to a GWAR show you might as well get up close and personal.

Ando
10-07-2009, 04:41 PM
I saw them back in the 90's. Had no idea they were still running around.

I happen to see the LAST Concert for Ministry in Baltimore last year. IT WAS A BLAST!!!

warpig13
10-07-2009, 09:03 PM
I've seen them many times as well. It's always so worth it.

I used to work at a local venue and got to hang out with them, really nices guys. Know how to party :cheers:

ZapTheMad
10-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Man those guys gotta be getting old. Never had the pleasure for a live show but I would definitely go!