PDA

View Full Version : Need Long warp hose?

vf-xx
10-07-2009, 04:33 PM
So recently I've been searching for a good source for longer than normal warp hose. Last night it struck me to check the ID of my CPAP hose and lo and behold it is the EXACT right size for warp hose. Since I no longer use my CPAP machine I do believe that I will be cannibalizing this hose for a while.

Plus it's cheap! $12 for 8 feet (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VN6R30)

:D

And now you know too.

athomas
10-07-2009, 04:35 PM
And its probably a more durable hose. I suspect it is more flexible too. Is it?

Warwitch
10-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Smooth bore, very interesting. Is the spiral reinforcement wire like the Warp hose? And what the hell is CPAP?

Edit: Thomas, Ive never thought of Warp hose as either weak or non-flexible? Its certainly better than the crap that comes with a Q-loader. :tard:

vf-xx
10-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Quite, and it doesn't kink either. I suspect this is very similar to superhose (but I haven't actually seen superhose to compare).

cpap: Continuous Positive Airway Pressure, a particular type of positive airway pressure ventilation (breathing) therapy

Wire, yes. And smooth. I rolled a bunch of paint around it in last night. no problems.

luke
10-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Does it fit adapters? >> http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/images/product/thumbnails/sm_69.jpg

Flatliner333
10-07-2009, 05:30 PM
I also found hose that will work at my local Ace Hardware store.The hose is the exact size and shape as the Warp hose except it is White. They sell it by the foot and its about $4.00 per foot.

vf-xx
10-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Does it fit adapters? >> http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/images/product/thumbnails/sm_69.jpg

I still need to check, as I haven't cut the ends off yet, but I will do that tonight and post up.

vf-xx
10-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Update:

I was wrong, it's NOT wire reinforced. There is a thicker ring of plastic as reinforcement, not wire.

It also is too thin to properly fit the fittings without some sort of modification. I'm still trying to work out something.

Luke: they WILL fit snugly in the wide ends of your warp elbows.

MANN
10-07-2009, 09:28 PM
put orings on the outside of it if the od is too small

1stTarget
10-08-2009, 12:49 PM
These hoses are most used in machines for people with sleep apnea. The major types are B-PAP and C-PAP machines. Ask around, the normal hose is around 4 foot long. And yes I have used one for the last three years, get a new hose and mask every three months.

athomas
10-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Edit: Thomas, Ive never thought of Warp hose as either weak or non-flexible? Its certainly better than the crap that comes with a Q-loader. :tard:No, I just meant that it is possible that these are even more flexible and possibly even stronger. Actually, I have cracked a warp hose from a paintball hit before. It is hard plastic. Its the rings that make it flexible. If the CPAP hose is more flexible, it could absorb more impact without cracking. It might actually be a detriment if an impact causes a hose collapse and smashes balls in the CPAP warp hose. We'll have to find that out.

om3n
10-09-2009, 05:46 PM
a CPAP is a medical device used to combat sleep apnea. It is basically a device that you wear like a mask that pumps air constantly into your nose while you sleep- it stands for continuous positive airway pressure.

I work in a pulmonolgy office at a hospital, maybe I could get some sort of a deal on CPAP hoses and sell 'em to you guys cheap :headbang:

no promises though :p

vf-xx
10-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Oh, I did find out that if you cut a segment of the hose off, and slice it open, then wrap it around the end of the hose, that thickens it up just enough to fit snugly in the warp fitting.

badpennny
10-09-2009, 08:03 PM
I picked up some hosing used in outdoor ponds at my local gardening store, $2/foot. It looks like a slinky with a soft plastic coating. There were actually 2 diameters that would have worked, though I went with the larger one to ensure a smooth feed. It fits onto the plastic warp 90 degree elbow without any modding, though to fit it onto the plastic straight adapters it will require some dremel work on one end.

druid
11-02-2009, 02:55 AM
so what's the verdict on this hose? It fits the warp adapters with a little piece wrapped around it but how does it feed?

vf-xx
11-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Honestly, I haven't had a chance to try it. Things have calmed down a bit. Maybe this week I'll have a chance to give it a shot.

Rolled some rounds through it manually (linked my hose in a loop and turned it).

Nothing snagged, so from that aspect it looks good.

Ando
11-02-2009, 08:29 AM
Be nice if it came in black :rolleyes:

vf-xx
11-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Be nice if it came in black :rolleyes:

Meh, that's what rattlecan paint is for.

Ando
11-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Meh, that's what rattlecan paint is for.
Touché! :rolleyes: