PDA

View Full Version : Micro Body Fit RPG Chimera Frame?

DeuceSV
10-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Will my RPG Chimera fit a micromag body?
If not, what needs to be done to make that happen?

Thanks!

Frizzle Fry
10-08-2009, 12:10 AM
What generation micromag is it?

It will "fit" on any body, but on anything but a centerfeed (gen4) it will not line up with the milling on the bottom (it extends over the edge). On a powerfeed micromag with a "wing" over the valve (gen3) it will work fine even though it doesn't line up because the sears are threaded or pressed. Every other generation you'd need a way to hold the sear in, because the original frames had wings.

xero28
10-08-2009, 12:45 AM
What generation micromag is it?

It will "fit" on any body, but on anything but a centerfeed (gen4) it will not line up with the milling on the bottom (it extends over the edge). On a powerfeed micromag with a "wing" over the valve (gen3) it will work fine even though it doesn't line up because the sears are threaded or pressed. Every other generation you'd need a way to hold the sear in, because the original frames had wings.

I had a Gen3 (wing over the valve) and it took a standard sear pin (not threaded). I had to use tape to keep the pin in when I put on an intelliframe. Don't know if it was just an oddity or what then? Other than that, it worked fine. And as far as I know, all of RPG's frames are built to the same specs as the intellis (as far a distances/tolerances go).

Frizzle Fry
10-08-2009, 03:54 AM
I had a Gen3 (wing over the valve) and it took a standard sear pin (not threaded). I had to use tape to keep the pin in when I put on an intelliframe. Don't know if it was just an oddity or what then? Other than that, it worked fine. And as far as I know, all of RPG's frames are built to the same specs as the intellis (as far a distances/tolerances go).

Some gen3s seem to have a sear hole that's big on one side, small in the other to keep from losing the pin. For some reason or another there are threaded ones out there... I've got one and I've owned a few in the past. No idea where they came from.

Either way, wingless frames + non-2k Micromags is a no-go unless you find a way to hold the sear in. On top of that, more complex anos tend to look pretty fugly with wingless frames because of the gap left there is made much more clear. Gloss or Satin black should be OK to hide it though.

MANN
10-08-2009, 06:02 AM
RPG frames are made to AGD spec. So yes any RPG or AGD frame will work on a micromag body.

DeuceSV
10-08-2009, 01:27 PM
RPG frames are made to AGD spec. So yes any RPG or AGD frame will work on a micromag body.
What you guys think about a pneumatic RPG on a micro mag body?

Would be different, I guess.

Frizzle Fry
10-08-2009, 03:30 PM

Not without modification...

rseb4agze
10-08-2009, 09:58 PM
yes it can work.. the only problem you will run into is that the pin that hold the sear in place will need to be glue or find a way to lock it in place.. All I did was used a little loctite (red) to hold it in place and it worked find..

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk282/rseb4agze/My%20automags/Picture185.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk282/rseb4agze/My%20automags/Picture175.jpg

Frizzle Fry
10-08-2009, 11:36 PM
That looks pretty good. The black on black makes the little lip between the frame and the body dissapear almost entirely. When I ran a black intelliframe on my purple Gen3 it looked like there was about a mile of space between the edges.

Carnage reigns
10-09-2009, 08:09 AM
If you r willing to wait it may work on the MM2k9

MANN
10-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Not without modification...

let me clearify. it will work on versions: some 2, 3, & 4. The first gen, and some of the second gen micromag bodies need something to hold the sear pin in place. Usually taping the hole, and placing set screws will work. Regardless the frame will fit on the body without any modifications to the body or frame, and function properly.

MANN
10-09-2009, 08:32 AM
If you r willing to wait it may work on the MM2k9

if an agd frame works on the mm2k? then a rpg frame will work. Assuming the body works.