PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a part... for a cocker

Frizzle Fry
10-08-2009, 04:21 AM
Does anybody know where I can find a bolt pin for a cocker?

Before you all jump down my throat, I should explain. I'm looking for a bolt pin for an old-style bolt (on my 98 STO) which doesn't have the spring/bearing mechanism of newer ones. Basically the options to hold the bold in place on the backblock were either an enormous pushbutton pin with miniscule bearings on one end, or a pin with a a hole drilled in the end through which you thread a spring clip.

I can't stand the pushbutton and I don't want to scratch my backblock with a spring clip.

I seem to remember several companies making small discreet pins out of delrin, nylon, and sometimes aluminum in recent years which had an oversized O-ring on one end to hold them in place... Any idea where I can get my hands on one in black or blue? Even an MFGs name would be great.

BigEvil
10-08-2009, 04:56 AM
www.customcockers.com

Talk to HMCL281 he has plastic pins which work very nice. He also has TONS and TONS of other parts so he might have other options for you.

pump
10-10-2009, 06:53 AM
get a piece of macroline, get short rubber band, get 2 small pieces of plastic with a hole in the middle that fits into the macroline, loop the rubber band through each piece and pull one of the pieces through the macroline, done