PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody walk me thru taking my Blade trigger out and putting my viperblade on

Carnage reigns
10-08-2009, 08:36 PM
I need help

rawbutter
10-08-2009, 08:55 PM
You push out the trigger pin first. It's pretty stuck in there, so usually you need to create some kind of leaverage. I would normally put the frame on my bench over two thin boards with a slot (empty space) where the pin is. Then, tap on the pin using a hammer and nail (or another skinny piece of metal). It should pop out easily enough.

Once you get the trigger off, it will be obvious how the other is installed.

xero28
10-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Remember that the pin should only come out from one direction. It tapers out on one side. I believe it should come out on the drivers side if I remember correctly. So, if you're looking down the barrel of the gun, hit the pin on the right side of the frame and it should come out on the left. Please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

PrimoRocker
10-09-2009, 09:01 AM
read this
http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0025.htm

Ando
10-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Not all trigger pins come out the "passenger" side. Just be careful when removing it. Start tapping on the "drivers side" first (most are setup on that side). Tap out a small bit and look to see of the groves that hold it in place are coming out. If you see them, you got the right side and you can go the rest of the way. If not, turn it around and push it out the other way.

I had a few frames that the pin came out either end but after it's removed, you can install it which ever way you want. I uniformed all my grips so I don't have to go through all that again. All my grips get taped out from the "drivers" side now.

Spider-TW
10-10-2009, 02:14 PM
When re-installing, you should wedge something in the slot of the frame before you tap in the trigger pin. This keeps the frame from pushing together and binding on your fancy ball bearing trigger, making it stick.

Rogue explained this to me after I had ground some clearance in my frame. :argh:

Carnage reigns
10-10-2009, 07:02 PM
my viperblade is not ball bearing

RogueFactor
10-10-2009, 07:26 PM
When re-installing, you should wedge something in the slot of the frame before you tap in the trigger pin. This keeps the frame from pushing together and binding on your fancy ball bearing trigger, making it stick.

Rogue explained this to me after I had ground some clearance in my frame. :argh:

That must have been someone else that recommended that. Ive never heard of wedging anything in the slot before.

Spider-TW
10-10-2009, 09:31 PM
That must have been someone else that recommended that. Ive never heard of wedging anything in the slot before.

Fair enough. I found the thread, but all of your posts are missing from it, except for robnix's quote.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=216553

Seems like a good idea, of which I never considered my own nor was able to use.