PDA

View Full Version : On/Off ASA for sleeper pneumag

kenjay
10-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Hey everyone. Has anyone successfully used other on/off ASA's for their sleeper (inside the trigger frame) pneumag besides the CP on/off direct mount ASA? I am not the biggest fan of macroline fittings coming out the sides of the ASA and digging into my wrist. Thanks!

athomas
10-09-2009, 05:09 AM
The macroline shouldn't dig into your wrist. It is below the grip which which puts it below your hand in front of your wrist.

Carnage reigns
10-09-2009, 08:07 AM
It does happen because he probably runs it on the side that the valve is on. I used to have the same problem.

rawbutter
10-09-2009, 10:11 AM
If you want a sleeper look, you could also use a palmer's stabilizer or another LPR in the foregrip, then run the micro line through the rail. That's what I did (I got the idea from pneumagger).

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221782

Dend78
10-09-2009, 10:37 AM
that or you can get a manifold from luke and hit it all in an emag battery housing

PAINTHEY
10-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Nice job rawbutter. That’s how I’m planing to do my lpr. But I made a little 3-port 1/8npt, angel block to replace the vertical ASA.

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/Oftenwrong/paintball/LPR2.jpg

Loguzzzzzz
10-09-2009, 11:08 AM
I have kicked around a few different ideas, what type of on /off and drop are you thinking about.

I believe I saw someone use a Bob Long gear drive direct asa. Not sure how it was done. I wish I could remember where I saw it. It was still a direct mount though.

What is the isssue you are having. Is it the direct mount or just the look of the CP direct mount.

TwilightG
10-09-2009, 11:56 AM
I believe I saw someone use a Bob Long gear drive direct asa. Not sure how it was done. I wish I could remember where I saw it. It was still a direct mount though.

I think Dirge had one on his Pneu'd Airwalk @ TB3

kenjay
10-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Have already put an LPR into the foregrip once before on my egomag. But since I'll have the room in the grip frame on a new project, I'd like to use it.

Really was just looking to see if I had any options besides the CP direct mount on/off. It is not the prettiest..

MANN
10-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Have already put an LPR into the foregrip once before on my egomag. But since I'll have the room in the grip frame on a new project, I'd like to use it.

Really was just looking to see if I had any options besides the CP direct mount on/off. It is not the prettiest..

bot of cps versions are easily adapted (both the on/off and std version). some of the other direct mount ones are not that hard.

kenjay
10-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Sounds like it may be time for some trial and error soon.

smeek
10-13-2009, 06:37 AM
You might want to look into the Empire Nano Bolt On. It's a direct mount with front output if you don't want/need the on/off feature. Not sure if it'll work or not but it's one that comes to mind after reading your complaints on the CP.

Wrathbringer
10-15-2009, 03:38 PM

I have the same beef with it, it's not a very nice ASA and definitely wouldn't match the harder lines on the rest of my mag. It seems like the general consensus though is that this is the best on/off ASA to use for a sleeper...

The Empire Nano definitely looks like it would work, but I think kenjay and definitely myself are looking for on/off ones that can be used for sleeper mods.