PDA

View Full Version : intelliframe on classsic rt mod

eighty8
10-12-2009, 06:53 PM
I am planning on getting an intelliframe. I understand that they do sell them for classic rt's but are hard to find. If I were to purchase a standard one (not for classic rt) used, what mods would need to be done in order for it to work with the classic rt?

Ando
10-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Only thing you'll need to do is enlarge the field strip screw hole in the frame. Those classic RT screws are like double the size.

You can also buy inserts for your newly drilled frame to bring it back to it's original size. It will allow you to install it on a regular frame and body again.

Talk with Tracy_ptp about the inserts. PTP sells the spacers that go inside those classic RT frames.

eighty8
10-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Only thing you'll need to do is enlarge the field strip screw hole in the frame. Those classic RT screws are like double the size.

You can also buy inserts for your newly drilled frame to bring it back to it's original size. It will allow you to install it on a regular frame and body again.

Talk with Tracy_ptp about the inserts. PTP sells the spacers that go inside those classic RT frames.

thanks for the info.. much appreciated.. oh by the way would you happen to know what size drill bit it would take?