PDA

View Full Version : Hose-less Markers.

atcer
10-13-2009, 02:04 AM
OK.
I was flipping thru the new FACEFULL, and saw a picture of the "TLords" shooting a gun I dont ever remember seeing. (in the article about the event in Virginia.) Sometimes its hard to tell, but this looked strange to me. It looked like a stacked tube poppit type marker, eye plates, not the kind on an ego, but more like a luxe or impulse, but had no macroline from the asa to the reg. It did look like a reg too, not one of those "air chambers" on some of the hose-less markers i know of.

So theres the Luxe, The Impulse, Invert Mini (and its milsim variations.), and what else?

Anyone have any ideas?

(When you google hoseless paintball gun/marker, all you get is DLX Luxe results.)

Thanks!

some hippie
10-13-2009, 02:17 AM
bob long victory

atcer
10-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Yep, That would be the one.

Thanks!

Not to good identifying Bob Long stuff. Never been a fan of the Timmy's, so I guess I never pay or paid any attention to his stuff.

MANN
10-13-2009, 04:47 PM
tippmann prolite was the first iirc to run the gas through the grip. I have one of the old markers in a box somewhere.

xero28
10-13-2009, 04:55 PM
tippmann prolite was the first iirc to run the gas through the grip. I have one of the old markers in a box somewhere.

I loved my Pro-Lite. I wish my so-called friend at the time hadn't stolen it. :mad: Though the hose in the Pro-Lite DID come out of the gun in one area, it actually doubled as the trigger guard.

http://www.vintagerex.com/pics/gunpics/Tippmann/Pro-Lite/gallery/tip_pro_lite_.jpg

warbeak2099
10-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Are you sure you saw a Victory? It's not a stacked tube marker and it certainly doesn't have Luxe/Impulse styling. Sounds more like a Vanguard Creed.

manwe33
10-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Are you sure you saw a Victory? It's not a stacked tube marker and it certainly doesn't have Luxe/Impulse styling. Sounds more like a Vanguard Creed.
Vanguards do not have the gas thru grips.

atcer
10-13-2009, 11:04 PM
So I went out and actually bought the FACEFULL. Page 52. Top picture.

Yep its a B.L. Victory now that I have something to compare it to.

I was thinking it had eye covers that were similar to the SP stuff, but now I see it in person again, Its more like a regular timmy.

And I would call it a stacked tube. Its not a single tube like an NT or G3 for sure. It might not be a full two tubes, but its taller than a single.

Watcher
10-14-2009, 12:52 AM

I thought the first was the SL-68...

trevorjk
10-14-2009, 02:11 AM
Victory

http://www.paintballer.ie/images/markers/marq2.jpg

http://www.speedball-world.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Bob-Long-Victory.jpg

warbeak2099
10-14-2009, 07:18 AM
And I would call it a stacked tube. Its not a single tube like an NT or G3 for sure. It might not be a full two tubes, but its taller than a single.

It's really not taller than a single tube because it IS a single tube.

Oh and my bad on the Creed. I was thinking of the spooler they were originally developing that was going to be hoseless.

atcer
10-15-2009, 11:47 PM
Well we can argue all day, but its not a single tube.
The LPR is under the main tube, its two tubes. Examples of a single tube are : Automag, Shocker, G3, NT, etc,
1.5 Tubes: Victory, Dm's Those all have two tubes or another "area" for an LPR or other internals., Its not a double like a timmy or a spyder, but its not just a single tube spool valve. Look at the diagram.

A single tube design is slightly larger than the barrel.

The victory is taller than a Shocker, G3, NT.
About on par with a DM8/9.
Shorter than an EGO...

Im just saying overall its taller than a true single tube. (Or at least appears that way when comparing internal diagrams/schematics.)

Not meaning to start an argument ! :)