PDA

View Full Version : Can I get my micromag to shoot like this with an RT valve?

Ms54Coupe
10-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Found this video on you tube...the third scene shows just the trigger. I have never had an RT but want to put one in my micromag and was wondering if mine will fire like this.

Nate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u_XNHMJgBk&feature=PlayList&p=92C578663262A921&index=1

xero28
10-13-2009, 05:04 PM
If you get the RT valve and a good HP tank, YES. You really need an adjustable tank that can put out over 1000 psi to get the faster bounce. Take a look through Zak Vetter's stuff on the RT, pretty much all you need to know.

http://zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/automag_info/rapidfire/how-to-rapidfire.html

WickedKlown2
10-13-2009, 05:36 PM
also on MicroMags alot of them have trouble with bolt stick w/Lvl 10's because of tolerance issues... I had a X-Valve w/Lvl 10 in my Micro for awhile but took it out and went back to my 68 Micromag Valve w/Lvl 7 because of the issue... You either have to sand down the Lvl 10 Bolt or sand/file/polish the inside half were the bolt passes through from the back half to the ball chamber where the steel washer is located...

Other than a bolt stick Issue I loved when I could RT with my Micro and X... Just use a Lvl7 Bolt with the RT Pro or Emag or X Valve and you shouldn't have a problem...

Hope that helps

WK2

Ando
10-13-2009, 05:56 PM
It might have been a body issue cause I have no problems with mine. I have a Gen4 with a Micromag RetroValve with lvl 10. It's actually my most reactive marker.

Konigballer
10-14-2009, 09:26 AM
My Retro Valved Minimag does that once I hit 1000psi from my MaxFlo reg. I would highly recommend picking up a 2nd or 3rd gen MaxFlo reg, they are very consistent, high flo regs and will give you all the 'RT' you could want with your mag. Also, Zack Vetter also swears by them for 'RT' purposes, which says enough. I usually run mine at 900psi for straight semi, but it makes the trigger very snappy for easy follow up shots.

MaxFlo's come up for sale fairly regularly here.

Ms54Coupe
10-14-2009, 10:36 AM
If you get the RT valve and a good HP tank, YES. You really need an adjustable tank that can put out over 1000 psi to get the faster bounce. Take a look through Zak Vetter's stuff on the RT, pretty much all you need to know.

http://zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/automag_info/rapidfire/how-to-rapidfire.html

I found this gas thru grip but it says it is a regulator. I am going to assume this is not a good enough regulator to replace a max flo BUT can I use this foregrip and have an inline reg without interrupting my RT? In other words will a foregrip which is also a "regulator" interfere with RT??? I like this as a grip.

Nate

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pure-Energy-Inline-Vertical-ASA-Paintball-Regulator-Reg_W0QQitemZ350260693247QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item518d2a08ff

OPBN
10-14-2009, 11:26 AM
You should be able to use it as long as you set it as high as it goes so that it doesn't cap the higher PSI the adjustable tank reg is putting out. It can't replace the Maxflo, Flatline, Hyper Flow regulators though. You still need a tank reg capable of higher PSI than the capped versions.

With that said, I have an Emag valve on my Micro Mag that is actually pretty reactive using just a standard 850psi output tank. It really seems to vary from valve to valve.

xero28
10-14-2009, 11:37 AM
I found this gas thru grip but it says it is a regulator. I am going to assume this is not a good enough regulator to replace a max flo BUT can I use this foregrip and have an inline reg without interrupting my RT? In other words will a foregrip which is also a "regulator" interfere with RT??? I like this as a grip.

Nate

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pure-Energy-Inline-Vertical-ASA-Paintball-Regulator-Reg_W0QQitemZ350260693247QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item518d2a08ff

Straight answer, no. The regulator you have shown there will not increase pressure coming out of your tank to anything higher than what is already there. Sorry, that sound confusing. For example, if your tank is outputting 800 psi, this regulator will only be able to adjust pressure going to your gun from 800 psi and DOWN, not up. Autocockers, for example, usually run best on around 300-400 psi. So if you have a tank that outputs 800 psi, you would use this regulator you've shown to drop the pressure down to 300 psi or so. (reading your post again, I think you understand this, but I've taken the time to write it, so I'll leave it ;) )

It has been long recommended that you do NOT use an inline regulator with Automags since the Mag valve is in and of itself one of the best regulators ever built. Adding a second regulator could possibly starve the Mag for air on fast strings.

Like it's been said go with a good adjustable, and if you need a foregrip, find a nice gas-thru that works for you. Hope that helps.

xero28
10-14-2009, 11:39 AM
With that said, I have an Emag valve on my Micro Mag that is actually pretty reactive using just a standard 850psi output tank. It really seems to vary from valve to valve.

Same here. I used to have a MicroRT valve that had very good reactivity off of an 800 psi tank. The more you use the valve and break it in, the lower the pressure required to get it to RT.

Ms54Coupe
10-14-2009, 01:57 PM
My tank is a 68 ci 4500 psi tank...I do not know much about regulators so I am confused about what a regulator does to a 4500 psi tank?

xero28
10-14-2009, 02:29 PM
My tank is a 68 ci 4500 psi tank...I do not know much about regulators so I am confused about what a regulator does to a 4500 psi tank?

Just remember that a regulator does what the name implies, it regulates the air pressure. When you use CO2 for example, the output pressure coming from the tank could change dramatically depending on the temperature outside or how fast you are shooting. So, if you are using CO2 and at the beginning of the day, your tank may be outputting 750 psi and you set your gun to 280 fps. As the day goes on and heats up, the tank could start to output 900 psi, and your gun could start shooting 320 fps because the pressure going to the gun has increased.

Regulators will control the pressure going through them, so even if your tank output pressure goes up and down throughout the day, theoretically, the regulator should keep a consistent pressure going to your gun so it keeps your speed (in fps) fairly consistent. That's why the AutoMag valves used to be called A.I.R. (Advanced Integrated Regulator). The regulator which controlled the pressure was built into the gun, rather than having to buy a separate regulator. That's why you don't necessarily need an inline regulator (like that foregrip) on your mag.

Now, to your 68/4500. Every high pressure tank has a regulator on it. There is, in your case, 4500 psi in the tank. If you were to connect that to your paintball gun unregulated, there would be 4500 psi going straight to your gun, aside from damaging the internals, your gun could literally blow up, not good. The regulator on that tank will regulate (drop) the pressure coming from the tank (4500 psi) to something that the gun can handle (~800 psi). The 4500 simply means that there is 4500 psi in the tank, and shouldn't be confused with the output pressure of the tank. Since most guns nowadays operate at less than 800 psi and have other regulators that drop the pressure even more, manufacturers didn't see any need for making regulators that were adjustable or could output more than 1000 psi, that's why the adjustables are kind of hard to find.

I hope that helps out a little bit, but let us know if you need more clarification.

Ms54Coupe
10-14-2009, 08:20 PM
from the tank (4500 psi) to something that the gun can handle (~800 psi). The 4500 simply means that there is 4500 psi in the tank, and shouldn't be confused with the output pressure of the tank. Since most guns nowadays operate at less than 800 psi

Thanks!

I certainly feel like I understand a lot more what is going on between the tank and gun now.

My question now is this...how critical will it be to adjust my psi coming out of my tank? How do I know what my current PSI coming out of my tank is?

Nate