PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Ninja regs?

Shirow
10-15-2009, 01:33 PM
So, I'm officially sick of my flatline. Anyone has any experience with ninja regs? My local shop sells 4500psi Ninja regs for around $35, apparently adjustable up to around 900psi with shims. Has anyone used these in the past?

SSP REAPER
10-15-2009, 01:59 PM
So, I'm officially sick of my flatline. Anyone has any experience with ninja regs? My local shop sells 4500psi Ninja regs for around $35, apparently adjustable up to around 900psi with shims. Has anyone used these in the past?
they are great. I sell them and use them as well. With the right amount of shims you can get your output psi up to 1K :D

oldironmudder
10-15-2009, 02:01 PM
I have one that I run on my Alias & it keeps up just fine. I plan on getting another for my wife when I get my extra tank hydro'd.

Shirow
10-15-2009, 02:02 PM
they are great. I sell them and use them as well. With the right amount of shims you can get your output psi up to 1K :D

Do they come with enough shims to acheive this?

It doesn't look like they have an output pressure gauge either, do they?

Wrathbringer
10-15-2009, 02:37 PM
It doesn't look like they have an output pressure gauge either, do they?

No they do not, I'm not sure if you would be able to add one either.

My brother has a Ninja tank and it performs well, my one beef with it though is that the reg itself is too small. I run a PE OOPS ASA on my mag and I cannot screw in the tank since the drop is in the way! It's not that much of a deal but it's worth mentioning if you have a drop forward on your marker.

Shirow
10-15-2009, 02:43 PM
No they do not, I'm not sure if you would be able to add one either.

My brother has a Ninja tank and it performs well, my one beef with it though is that the reg itself is too small. I run a PE OOPS ASA on my mag and I cannot screw in the tank since the drop is in the way! It's not that much of a deal but it's worth mentioning if you have a drop forward on your marker.

I do indeed have a drop, that's annoying to hear.. hopefully I won't have that problem. What part gets in the way - the tank itself?

Wrathbringer
10-15-2009, 02:48 PM
It's actually the gauge, it hits the bottom of the drop forward just as you start screwing in the tank. If you can slide the ASA back a bit then you can screw in the tank all the way, all you'll have is that the ASA will no longer be flush with the end of the drop forward.

SSP REAPER
10-15-2009, 02:56 PM
you can buy the ninja reg rebuild kit and it comes with like 5 shims. 2 fat and 3 skinny. the fatter the shim, the higher the output pressure. You can run a gauge in the side of your ASA if you wanna know your output psi.

Shirow
10-15-2009, 03:03 PM
you can buy the ninja reg rebuild kit and it comes with like 5 shims. 2 fat and 3 skinny. the fatter the shim, the higher the output pressure. You can run a gauge in the side of your ASA if you wanna know your output psi.

Nice, thanks for the info!

Shirow
10-15-2009, 03:04 PM
It's actually the gauge, it hits the bottom of the drop forward just as you start screwing in the tank. If you can slide the ASA back a bit then you can screw in the tank all the way, all you'll have is that the ASA will no longer be flush with the end of the drop forward.

Oh, that sucks. Well, I do have a duckbill ASA I could use if I have to but I would rather not..

I guess I will see if I have a problem. I can slide my ASA back but again.. rather not..

Thanks for the info..

SSP REAPER
10-15-2009, 03:06 PM
what kind of asa/drop combo will you be using?

Shirow
10-15-2009, 03:10 PM
what kind of asa/drop combo will you be using?

It's an older System-X, think it is this one..

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/1114/

Wrathbringer
10-15-2009, 03:16 PM
That looks like the one my bro has on his Promaster and he had to slide the ASA back. I'll double check when I get home though.

Shirow
10-15-2009, 03:21 PM
That looks like the one my bro has on his Promaster and he had to slide the ASA back. I'll double check when I get home though.

I've been thinking of replacing it anyway, I guess this might be something that forces me to do it. Kinda sucks though, I just got it powdercoated!

SSP REAPER
10-15-2009, 03:22 PM
yes, more than likely you will have to slide the asa back a bit. I had no problems using my CP mini razor drop and dovetail cp asa. if you need the shim kit for it, send me a PM and I will give ya the special AO price ;)

Wrathbringer
10-15-2009, 03:34 PM
That CP Micro Razor definitely looks like it would clear the gauge, though just barely.

I say replace it with a CP direct mount and pneumag it! :headbang:

SSP REAPER
10-15-2009, 03:37 PM
I say replace it with a CP direct mount and pneumag it! :headbang:
agreed !!! :headbang:

Shirow
10-15-2009, 03:39 PM
I am hoping to pneumag it later on, just a bit short on $ right now. I'll send you a PM SSP, thanks :)

Watcher
10-15-2009, 05:05 PM
I have a Ninja in place of my crossfire reg. Swapped them when the CF LP burst disc blew.

So far no major problems. Outputs well, easy to work on.

The only issue I had was if I shot the tank dry in a short period of time (RTing the automag too much :D ) the reg would leak out of the bonnet at about 400-500 psi.

However, when I contacted Ninja they said to try to clean and re-grease the internals and doing so alleviated the problem.

Outputs a nice and steady 850psi stock, and for my mag that is enough. A rebuild kit with shims or a quick trip to the hardware store with a Micrometer could get it to output higher, though.

Shirow
10-15-2009, 05:08 PM
So, the funny thing is, I ordered this pre-emptively because I bent the piston on my flatline putting a new reg seat on and I thought it was screwed. Didn't feel like paying $20+shipping for a new piston when the ninja reg was $33...

So I filled my tank anyway and tried it out and it's shooting more consistently than it ever has.. I will tell everyone from now on to bend their pistons :eek:

Either way, I will probably throw the ninja on there next time the flatline goes bad as I'm getting tired of replacing reg seats every few months... but for now I guess my flatline is OK again!

oldironmudder
10-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Here is my Alias. The gauge doesnt hit but there is plenty of space from the asa to the cradle bar.

My wife's Texas Storm, has a small drop on it & the gauge would hit. Had to swap drops.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/drunknmudder77/Alias/alias1.jpg

Shirow
10-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the pic!

zondo
10-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Do they come with enough shims to acheive this?

If you order this from ninjapaintball, just tell them that you are running an automag and to see if they can add the shims to up the pressure. They did this for me when I ordered from them.

Shirow
10-15-2009, 08:07 PM
If you order this from ninjapaintball, just tell them that you are running an automag and to see if they can add the shims to up the pressure. They did this for me when I ordered from them.

Unfortunately, I already ordered it :(

Swamp Thing
10-15-2009, 08:13 PM
I called them and asked them shim mine to give max pressure. They only guarantee 900+ and mine is running about 950ish.

Swamp

StygShore
10-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Unfortunately, I already ordered it :(

Call em up and tell them you are using it on amag and the output is too low, they will probably send you shims for free

Styg