PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Rail-mounted ASA

Godsword
10-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Hello, everybody! Well, I just traded an old ACI F4 Illustrator for a classic Automag. Came with two barrels, one of which is a J & J Ceramic. It had two parts kits, one unopened and the other a partial. Did I mention two grip frames? Very nice.

Now, some questions:

1. The rail for this 68 'Mag has two holes toward the back of the rail. Is this for a bottom, rail-mounted ASA?

2. Are there different types of ASA's from AGD? Only found one on their website...

3. Can an AGD ASA be either ported to the right or left?

What I am wanting to do is make the ASA mount to the rail and run a remote line off of a screw in T-stock. Let me know any info you folks may have on this idea... Thanks, folks.
I found a picture of a Mag set up like I am wanting to try. I need an AGD ASA with the air line going off the right side of the marker. I bought an aftermarket ASA but it does not seem to fit the rail holes. Were these ASA's special made by AGD for this purpose? (See picture) There is one listed on AGD's website I just want to make sure it will fit the holes in my rail. Any clues?

Godsword
10-18-2009, 04:44 PM
I have figured out that I have no clue how to upload pics to this site... Sorry everybody...

Smoothice
10-18-2009, 05:32 PM
'agd back bottle asa is what you want. It should come with air port on the right side.

To upload pics you need a 3rd party host like photobucket or imageshack.

maniacmechanic
10-18-2009, 05:41 PM
'agd back bottle asa is what you want. It should come with air port on the right side.

To upload pics you need a 3rd party host like photobucket or imageshack.

Smooth , didn't someone ask this about 3 weeks ago ??

Godsword
10-18-2009, 07:53 PM
SmoothIce,

Thanks for helping me out! I will start the search for a back bottle ASA. I hope to find one a little cheaper than at AGD. Thank you very much. I should have used the search function...

I already have a 68 Classic Automag that has a grip mounted asa. I want to set this one up a little different, and since I noticed the rail has the holes for this it seemed like a good idea... Does anyone run their classic with this setup?

athomas
10-18-2009, 09:13 PM
My original 68 automag came with that backbottle setup. I ran it like that with a 12oz anti-siphon tank. There are probably a few old AGD backbottle ASA's kicking around somewhere. All the original mags shipped with these and eventually everyone went with bottom lines which used a different ASA.

Smoothice
10-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Does anyone run their classic with this setup?

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x57/smoothice15/evolution/automag2.jpg

This was my first mag. I got it in '96 used. It stayed just as you see it until I made the mistake of signing up on AO. She is long gone now. Along with most of my money... :D

Godsword
10-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks everybody! I received my back bottle ASA and already have it on my "new" Mag! It is going to work out just like I want! Thanks for all of your help!

Godsword
10-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks everybody! I received my back bottle ASA and already have it on my "new" Mag! It is going to work out just like I want! Thanks for all of your help!

Anybody got any ideas where I can get my hands on an old Rail sight-rail similar to the one in SmoothIce's picture? I would be interested in buying one from somebody... :) Thanks!

Ando
10-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Ck the BST area or hit Fleabay

Tym
10-30-2009, 08:31 PM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x57/smoothice15/evolution/automag2.jpg

This was my first mag. I got it in '96 used. It stayed just as you see it until I made the mistake of signing up on AO. She is long gone now. Along with most of my money... :D

Yeah, AO tends to do that to people.. :headbang: