PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried my valve is holding air and will explode...

halB
10-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Ok, I am installing level X. I aired up the marker, pulled the trigger, and heard a small hiss. The bolt may have moved. The trigger rod will not reset. I degassed the gun, but I am worried that there is still air inside the gun, and am worried about taking it apart.

Can I take the gun apart?

If there is air between the on/off and the bolt, will the on/off always reset?

Ando
10-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Your fine, as long as you degassed it that is.

Go down one size on your carrier. That will fix the leak and bump up your pressure on the back of the valve. Lvl 10's need a little more oomph to work.

Edit:
Scratch what I said. If it's not constantly leaking your carrier is fine. Just bump up the pressure.

Newt
10-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Sounds like a low tank? Bad tank reg, possibly?

Either way, you're not going to have a problem; the valve is rated for 3000 PSI. Theoretically, you could screw your bottle directly into it (There's a video of a guy RTing his mag with a 2000 PSI SCUBA tank, cool stuff). Also, the fatigue causing failure is caused more by the cycle of the pressure change, not by holding it.

It will automatically degass (not explosively) when you remove the thumbscrew. That's one of several reasons to keep the Z-lock system. I'd throw a QD somewhere on the gas line, too.

BiNumber3
10-20-2009, 03:55 PM
be careful when pullin the valve out tho, there've been times when my on/off shot out even with the tank screwed off