PDA

View Full Version : First time out with new 'mag

Gadget
10-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Got the chance to play with my newly built x-valved 'mag at the weekend.

Have had a lot of AGD markers in the past and still have my first .68 from 1993, but have been running Angels for the last few years in tournaments. A scenario day gave me the excuse to build a new mech and despite having to get everything shipped from the US to the UK, it was all pretty painless.

Had a great time playing mech again, valve was a bit stiff at the start of the day but was loosening up nicely in the afternoon after having a few cases run through it. No chops or breaks, so looks like I tuned the L10 ok!

Was good to see quite a few other AGD markers there - saw at least two other X-valved mags plus a lovely camo anodised E-Mag, surprising considering there's no direct AGD sales in the UK since the demise of AGD Europe.

Here's my beauty - major props to Roguefactor for sending me all the parts I needed in doublequick time, gotta love the quality of the RPG parts!

http://www.chimpy.com/misc/newx.jpg

X-Valve
Dual detent Exile body with Sub-zero feedneck
Shadow rail
Triton frame
RPG Gas thru and FBM
Virtue grips
CP OOPS
Unitec barrel

Edit: playing pics lower down

ProblemKinder
10-25-2009, 06:02 AM
that's a sexy 'mag. :headbang:

going_home
10-25-2009, 06:59 AM
Mech mags are without a doubt (especially Xvalved ones) THEE most fun markers to play with.

That's a nice one too !

;)

simbad2
10-25-2009, 08:13 AM
good to see another mag in the uk :clap: :clap:

i have also started useing 1 again. on are home site everyone uses ago,s its nice taking them out with a old marker :shooting:

the cammo emag is grommie,s(dave) he is a top man and the only one that i could get to fix my x-valve here in the uk

looking into getting a group buy going for spares etc so far theres me,grommie(dave),paintball-lizard(dave) so we can save on the import+vat with 1 order

nice mag, must have been timewars

andy

Gadget
10-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Thanks, yep - it was Timewars - first scenario event for me, after 17 years of playing tourneys. :)

http://www.chimpy.com/misc/tw1_small.jpg

http://www.chimpy.com/misc/tw2_small.jpg

Seth1784
10-27-2009, 03:33 PM
goooooorgous gun! how's distance and such for woods ball with something like this?

Smoothice
10-27-2009, 06:28 PM
goooooorgous gun! how's distance and such for woods ball with something like this?

I would guess the distance of a paintball is equal to any other marker out there at the same velocity.

I would think the distance one can run with this set up depends on if you are a girlie man or not :p

Russ
10-27-2009, 07:38 PM
That's an outstanding Mag! Kudo's :headbang:

Seth1784
10-28-2009, 10:14 AM
I would guess the distance of a paintball is equal to any other marker out there at the same velocity.

I would think the distance one can run with this set up depends on if you are a girlie man or not :p

lol well i've been running a 99 autococker i bought brand new waaaaaaaaay back when that i grew up with and i used to outdistance all sorts of things anymore it's like everything does about the same hahahah. i wanted to buy an RT real bad back in the day but never could muster up the funds needed to buy one. now that i'm starting to play more again i've been looking at the RT's all over again :headbang:

caggers
10-28-2009, 03:48 PM
good to see another mag in the uk :clap: :clap:

i have also started useing 1 again. on are home site everyone uses ago,s its nice taking them out with a old marker :shooting:

the cammo emag is grommie,s(dave) he is a top man and the only one that i could get to fix my x-valve here in the uk

looking into getting a group buy going for spares etc so far theres me,grommie(dave),paintball-lizard(dave) so we can save on the import+vat with 1 order

nice mag, must have been timewars

andy

Hey Andy,

I currently live in the US but will be moving back to the UK early next year, I am also traveling back through the UK later this year, so could play contraband courier if needed.

I currently have three Mags, where do you guys play?
:shooting:

simbad2
10-29-2009, 04:40 PM
we may have to take you up on that offer

me and my boys play for a team that is 90% usaf, we are always looking for new players
i will pm a link for are team web site.

andy

Gadget
10-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the comments - simbad, let me know if you're arranging a group buy of spares, as I'll be up for that.

No problem with distance - only things outranging me were people with apex/flatline barrels....oh and the cheats running at 320fps when the site limit was 280! :rolleyes:

Seth1784
10-30-2009, 11:25 AM
very nice, i get a hard time from two buddies with flatlines all the time anymore. thanks for the reply too :cheers: