PDA

View Full Version : adjustable tanks?

SR_matt
10-21-2009, 08:48 AM
ok so i havent kept up with the products for probably 2-3 years much. but i was looking around and it looks like instead of adjustable tanks that are 0-1800 adjustable the new trend seems to be 450/650/850 swap adjustable except for the maxflow. are there any tanks that can be adjusted 850 anymore other than maxflow?

thanks
-matt

Shirow
10-21-2009, 09:48 AM
ok so i havent kept up with the products for probably 2-3 years much. but i was looking around and it looks like instead of adjustable tanks that are 0-1800 adjustable the new trend seems to be 450/650/850 swap adjustable except for the maxflow. are there any tanks that can be adjusted 850 anymore other than maxflow?

thanks
-matt

You can still pick up a flatline reg.. Tunaman has them on his site.

vf-xx
10-21-2009, 11:23 AM
There are also used Centerflag and AA Regs still floating around.

Raptor Rex should be easy to find, Armageddon and Apocalypse less so, but still there.

xero28
10-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Yeah, like it's been said, there are always used tanks that you can pick up, or maybe a new flatline from Tuna, but most manufacturers have stopped making them. The Ninja regs can be changed from LP to HP using shims. Some people have said that they can get around 1000 psi out of them. You can still find NitroDuck I-Regs around that you can put a 1000 psi piston in (I think a guy has a bunch of new ones on E-bay). But of course, NitroDuck is no more, so you probably won't get anybody backing them.

I think it's just due to the fact that most guns nowadays are pretty much built to run off of ~850 psi, or they have High Pressure Regulators that will drop the input pressure down to something the gun can handle. Air system manufacturers probably figured that there really wasn't too big of a market for adjustable tanks, especially ones that could go over 1000 psi, and discontinued them.

Again, if you're looking for one, your best bet would be keeping an eye on the used equipment here since many Maggers have them.

SR_matt
10-21-2009, 10:41 PM
i guess i am going to just have to look to the used market and figure out a way to play more to justify to buy one ;)

i totally get why they have fallen out but just surprised there is no adjustables even in a low psi but then again since all the guns comes with regs i guess it doesnt matter much, seems like i should have been in every hobby/industry i am interested in like 10-20 years earlier... or just wish i had cash and info back when i started playing 8 years ago

-matt

Shirow
10-21-2009, 10:49 PM
i guess i am going to just have to look to the used market and figure out a way to play more to justify to buy one ;)

i totally get why they have fallen out but just surprised there is no adjustables even in a low psi but then again since all the guns comes with regs i guess it doesnt matter much, seems like i should have been in every hobby/industry i am interested in like 10-20 years earlier... or just wish i had cash and info back when i started playing 8 years ago

-matt

You can pick up a Ninja adjustable reg brand new for about $35 and apparently people have got them up to around 1000psi output with extra shims.. FYI

Konigballer
10-21-2009, 10:49 PM
there are usually a good amount of used 2nd and 3rd gen MaxFlo's for sale on the forums. They're great, I got a 'new in tha box' 2nd gen MaxFlo reg on here back in the spring and it works awesome.

SR_matt
10-21-2009, 10:54 PM
shirow, honestly if i just want that little tiny bit i would mess with my guerrilla air tank since it is rebuildable and can be swapped. i really want the ability to go to 1200, realistically idk if i would run it that high all the time but my friends mag set up at 1200 was sooooooooo sweet walking and rting is crazy

kongiballer, honestly i dont think i would ever buy a maxflow, i know they are decent regs, hell i will go so far as to say good regs (probably one of the only things SP made that was good in the last 8 years) but i just have such an issue with SP that idk if i could bring my self to buy and use one unless it was a very very good price

-matt

Konigballer
10-22-2009, 11:56 AM
well, you could tell yourself this: Your buying a USED product, SP has already made money from it's original purchase. You yourself have contributed nothing towards that company's bottom line, you merely reap the benefits of a good reg. :)

SR_matt
10-22-2009, 02:56 PM
i used to think that way but at this point idk, maybe its snobish of me to think this way but idk. i know the max flows are good but along with the hate for SP in my mind i also have a little question of "well if all their other stuff is horrid how is this really going to hold up"

-matt