PDA

View Full Version : L7 bolt vs ball breakage

ezcreation
10-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Aloha

Ok I am running a xvalve with a L7 (dont ask why, just like it) and with very brittle paint of course it breaks.

Quick question: is there an upgrade bolt working better? What is the review on the Venturi?

And yes I could switch back to L10 but I simply dont like it easy

Shirow
10-21-2009, 04:41 PM
All I can say is... what???

ezcreation
10-21-2009, 04:43 PM
ahahahah

ok some clarification: i made my egomag complete with eyes and therefore I didnt feel like I needed the L10 anymore. I must admit it is way more stable at the chrony, better air consumption et great rof

But...On brittle paint, the shock must be too big...so I was just curious to know of the aftermarket bolts for the L7 were worth it

Shirow
10-21-2009, 04:49 PM
ahahahah

ok some clarification: i made my egomag complete with eyes and therefore I didnt feel like I needed the L10 anymore. I must admit it is way more stable at the chrony, better air consumption et great rof

But...On brittle paint, the shock must be too big...so I was just curious to know of the aftermarket bolts for the L7 were worth it

Makes a bit more sense. As far as I know, none of them are any softer on paint but I haven't tried them personally. I'm surprised to hear the 7 is breaking paint without chopping though.. that must be very brittle paint.

maniacmechanic
10-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Maybe a fomie style L7 bolt , I wonder how a longer spring would work ?

ezcreation
10-21-2009, 05:36 PM
The weird thing is that I have a Rt on/off and a red spring and that stuff shoot so nicely!

With the eyes and the rotor I am not too worried about chopping!

Coralis
10-21-2009, 06:20 PM
most aftermarket bolts that ive seen are not as gentle on paint as the original level 7 bolt with the foamy installed.

Beemer
10-21-2009, 06:54 PM
easy answer........dont shoot CRAP paint. :D