PDA

View Full Version : Xvalve or Emag valve for my emag

hillg
10-21-2009, 07:50 PM
What valve should I use and why? Other then the x being lighter in weight.

temilotzin
10-21-2009, 08:45 PM
All X-valves have lvl X, old E-mag valve maybe, maybe not. But as long as the E-mag valve has a lvl X kit they are basically the same other than weight. If you ever wanted to put a ULE trigger on/off on I think it would have to be an X-valve, but I could be wrong on that one not sure if the old E-valve was drilled for them or not. Since the old valve has more stainless steel on it you may have better durability with an e-mag valve. :cool:

hillg
10-21-2009, 08:50 PM
All X-valves have lvl X, old E-mag valve maybe, maybe not. But as long as the E-mag valve has a lvl X kit they are basically the same other than weight. If you ever wanted to put a ULE trigger on/off on I think it would have to be an X-valve, but I could be wrong on that one not sure if the old E-valve was drilled for them or not. Since the old valve has more stainless steel on it you may have better durability with an e-mag valve. :cool:

Its a lvl 10 in there now. Now if i go xvalve do i need to switch out the on/off with the one from the emag?

SkinnyHare
10-21-2009, 09:20 PM
i think you do, seems like part of the on/off assembly is slightly different from the other valves working on the RT principle. the Emag i bought had an X valve already installed courtesy of the previous owner... its on/off assembly is identical to the stock one that is in my standard Emag vavle. both of those on/offs are different from all the ones in my other X valves and RT valves.

Ando
10-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Its a lvl 10 in there now. Now if i go xvalve do i need to switch out the on/off with the one from the emag?
Only thing that "needs" to be switched is the on/off pin. Emag on/off pins are .712 all the rest of the pins (X-Valve, RT, Retro and RT Pro) are .750 (depending).

So if you decide to install a X-Valve on your E-Mag, you can keep the original on/off, just swap out the pin

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=395&categoryID=24

axpkai
10-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Sorry to hijack this thread, but since we are on the topic of emags. What type of rails will fit emag lowers?

Ando
10-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Sorry to hijack this thread, but since we are on the topic of emags. What type of rails will fit emag lowers?
Any that uses a RT sear pin. Not too sure on the classic RT, at least I've never seen lowers on a set before :rolleyes: but I'm willing to bet it does.

I'm sure someone will verify that one.

zondo
10-21-2009, 10:11 PM

You can troll through this thread: http://www.pblegion.com/showthread.php?t=4185

Now back on topic! :shooting: