PDA

View Full Version : AGD is like Heinz

Beemer
10-22-2009, 09:21 PM
waiting for everyone to ketchup. The Mini used the HES and now the Phenom is using it and the mech emode thing WITH integrated Reg.:tard: Buts its NEW and Advanced tech:spit_take Make it like an AutoMag. :D

Damn ya would think they could at least afford the Dollar.

My final comment. Everyone seems to agree that the paintball industry has been in trouble for some time. If I was god-of-paintball and wanted to get the industry going. I would get all the existing manufacturers together and force them to agree to licensing anyone their patents for 5 years for a dollar. This would bring a flurry of new businesses back into the market and you would have a flood of new products and cool ideas. In my opinion, that would help paintball more than anything.

AGD

going_home
10-22-2009, 09:40 PM
But designing it ourselves will take too long ? :tard:

http://x88.xanga.com/925f125779d32215618911/z168608993.jpg

Lets copy AGD and make the "new" best technology !

http://areturnhome.today.com/files/2008/11/lemon-meringue-pie.jpg

You honestly didnt really think it would be cake did you ?

:tard:

SR_matt
10-22-2009, 10:15 PM
i honestly had not kept up with paintball products since 2007 and not very well since 06 probably. i went to a scenario game and only recognized one or 2 hoppers of the table of hoppers the vendor had out even.

i talked to a teammate who has kept up better and he was telling me all the new guns, seems to me that that the variants on the mag design are the flavor of the year now.

it seems that the sport is at least going in the direction i wanted it to a few years back in terms of how where dev is going: simpler, more efficient, lighter. the bps race kept going (even still is a bit) but we started to get caps at 20, then 15, not in the 12-13 range. why do we need guns that can shoot 25 bps if you can never use it and 25 isnt going to be much more useful than 15. honestly with the way the limits have gone i wouldnt be surprised if we saw some all mech or pump leagues really starting to pick up

-matt

LK-13
10-22-2009, 10:21 PM
maybe it's like the fashion world where every few years what went around comes around again and is back in style.

I knew I was getting old when the muzak in the grocery store was playing tunes I liked, knew the words and sometimes even had the original VINYL RECORDS from back in the day..

drg
10-24-2009, 06:57 PM
These are not particularly special technologies. There's nothing better about using a HES or integrated reg; it's just a design decision.

Beemer
10-24-2009, 07:53 PM
These are not particularly special technologies. There's nothing better about using a HES or integrated reg; it's just a design decision.

Define special and give one example in todays Paintball tech. It must at least be good or better, they didnt use the HES in the Mini cause it sucked. In that vid I saw for the Mini when it came out, they claimed it as NEW and Advanced. I laughed. What does A.I.R mean again and how old is the tech. BUT now integrated is NEW.

You missed the point. I just bought a License from AGD.

pump
10-25-2009, 06:41 PM
yeah i think HES and integrated regs are not special or more advanced
so theres nothing to ketchup

well unless they will allow floating triggers then the HES is special!

BigEvil
10-25-2009, 10:05 PM
What is unique about using the HES to fire a paintball marker is that it eliminates the 'switch noise' that causes guns with micro switches to bounce (electronic bounce).

pump
10-26-2009, 12:50 AM
What is unique about using the HES to fire a paintball marker is that it eliminates the 'switch noise' that causes guns with micro switches to bounce (electronic bounce).
really? how?

now this thread is getting good

Gadget
10-26-2009, 03:11 AM

In the case if the HES it allows you to have a fully enclosed board - no more nightmares with shots to the trigger guard filling your opto-switch or mechanical switch with paint. I'd class that as 'better', wouldn't you? :)

pump
10-26-2009, 03:52 AM
In the case if the HES it allows you to have a fully enclosed board - no more nightmares with shots to the trigger guard filling your opto-switch or mechanical switch with paint. I'd class that as 'better', wouldn't you? :)
does an Emag have a fully enclosed board

Gadget
10-26-2009, 04:28 AM
I didn't say that the E-mag had a fully enclosed board, just that the use of a HES allows you to do so. With specific regard to the E-Mag, it doesn't have an exposed mechanical/optical switch to get gummed up with paint. Getting the HES sensor or trigger magnet coated with paint won't have any impact on operation, until other electro trigger mechanisms.

SSP REAPER
10-26-2009, 06:59 AM
Exactly. Ever shot a Bob Long Vice? Those things go nuts from the trigger switch noise and bounce like crazy!

Frizzle Fry
10-26-2009, 07:06 AM
Getting the HES sensor or trigger magnet coated with paint won't have any impact on operation, until other electro trigger mechanisms.

I recently purchased a set of emag lowers with Xmod1.8 for about $200 because when you pulled the pin, all that flashed on the screen was an "x" and they didn't work. When I recieved them, I cleaned the magnetic dust (little tiny bits of metal like soot) out from between the magnets and the lowers work fine. I find myself habitually cleaning the fine metal dust out of that area on all of my Emags before and after use because they accumulate enough to cause problems even when they're just sitting on a shelf...

I never encountered the "gummed switch" problem with other electros I've run over the years, which include but are not limited to an Angel LED, Ir3, Mini, SLG, several E-cockers, a Gen-E Matrix, several Spyders and clones, and a few Intimidators.

All that said, I much prefer the style, form and usability of Emag lowers to any other electro which is why all of my electros are emags.

BlackVCG
10-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Another technology to look at is the concept of slowing down the bolt in the initial stage of its cycle (Level 10), which was developed about 6 years ago by AGD.

Now look at the new guns coming out. DYE NT, P.E. Geo w/ ST kit, P.E. EGO10, etc.

They are all advertising multi-speed bolt cycling to reduce paint breakage.

pump
10-26-2009, 05:55 PM
I didn't say that the E-mag had a fully enclosed board, just that the use of a HES allows you to do so. With specific regard to the E-Mag, it doesn't have an exposed mechanical/optical switch to get gummed up with paint. Getting the HES sensor or trigger magnet coated with paint won't have any impact on operation, until other electro trigger mechanisms.i didn't say that you did say :P, i merely asked
so the HES is working like a normal micro switch in the emags case?
man doesnt this mean there could be the potential to make one that is on an emag, or any gun?

I find myself habitually cleaning the fine metal dust out of that area on all of my Emags before and after use because they accumulate enough to cause problems even when they're just sitting on a shelf...

I never encountered the "gummed switch" problem with other electros I've run over the years, which include but are not limited to an Angel LED, Ir3, Mini, SLG, several E-cockers, a Gen-E Matrix, several Spyders and clones, and a few Intimidators.
what problems would it cause?
would optical switches be a better answer for switch bounce than an HES?
how about an optical switch for the board, and a mech switch as a return spring?