PDA

View Full Version : New Dye guns

temilotzin
10-24-2009, 01:44 AM
Aside from price, can anyone tell me the difference among the Dye NT, DM9 and the DM8? Is one better than the others? Love to hear your thought on the matter.

trevorjk
10-24-2009, 02:03 AM
shaved fractions of ounces off and new milling patterns in each year. really the only significant change since the DM7

warbeak2099
10-24-2009, 08:30 AM
The NT is substantially different. It's the only one that actually offers a different bolt system. It's a hell of a lot more efficient than the DM line. The DM10 however is the same exact thing as the DM9 with some very minor cosmetic differences. Even DYE fans were pissed off about that. But the NT is not just a new milling pattern, it's a whole different gun altogether.

temilotzin
10-25-2009, 01:27 AM
The NT is substantially different. It's the only one that actually offers a different bolt system. It's a hell of a lot more efficient than the DM line. The DM10 however is the same exact thing as the DM9 with some very minor cosmetic differences. Even DYE fans were pissed off about that. But the NT is not just a new milling pattern, it's a whole different gun altogether.

Is it a better gun?

temilotzin
10-25-2009, 01:30 AM
Is it a better gun?

The NT I mean?

Frizzle Fry
10-25-2009, 01:31 AM
Is it a better gun?

The DM9 and the DM10 perform almost exactly the same (literally just new milling on the 2010).

The NT is lighter, more gas-efficient, has almost no noticable kick, a different balance, and a plethora of other new features.

temilotzin
10-25-2009, 01:48 AM
So the NT is the one to get? By a lot?

RavishingEddie
10-25-2009, 02:11 AM
I also heard that the NT comes with color coded orings, so it will be alot easier for maintenance.

punkncat
10-25-2009, 08:56 PM
The bolt design in the NT is a whole new thing. It is still a spool valve, but it is much like there are two stages to the bolt cycle. It is much smaller and is very light. It is supposed to get a case of balls off a 68/45.
The new frames grips have small issue cracking, and a few other very minor things that I believe Dye is already taking care of shipping the fixed parts out for the guns made prior. I don't know that any marker is actually WORTH $1400, but if you were in that neighborhood hunting a new marker, I would sure take a look at one.

ElPanda
10-25-2009, 09:56 PM
dm10 comes with the same color coded o ring's, all dye and proto markers do now

and the only way for you individually to find out which is better is to shooot them, so stop asking, if your seriously going to purchase a $1000+ marker you need to put in a little research of your own. Not just say"tell me which is better"

its like asking " which football team is best" each answer you get will be indipendant and biased

temilotzin
10-26-2009, 12:31 AM
dm10 comes with the same color coded o ring's, all dye and proto markers do now

and the only way for you individually to find out which is better is to shooot them, so stop asking, if your seriously going to purchase a $1000+ marker you need to put in a little research of your own. Not just say"tell me which is better"

its like asking " which football team is best" each answer you get will be indipendant and biased

Well pardon my asking Panda, you know if you think it's a dumb question you don't have to answer.

ElPanda
10-26-2009, 09:12 AM
not trying to ruffle feathers, because in some cases it can save a ton of time asking questions like this, its just you need to look for yourself sometimes, because both of these markers are very good so your going to get different answers. It all comes down to preference when the line between performance benefits gets thin like this.