PDA

View Full Version : Switch to .50 cal.

robo1
10-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Alot of new markers are going to a smaller size .50 cal instead of .68, where is this gonna leave us? Is AGD gonna match this or are mag users going to be truly outdated?

jade_monkey07
10-24-2009, 09:08 AM
dont worry, .50 is a fad that will pass

Smoothice
10-24-2009, 09:11 AM
all these 50 cal threads are making my head explode...

Coralis
10-24-2009, 09:33 AM
all these 50 cal threads are making my head explode...

Yeah no doubt, I can see why the industry would push for it, but the players :tard:

CatoRockwell
10-24-2009, 10:01 AM
haven't they pushed 50 cal before? I seem to remember several years ago worrying about the same thing and then nothing ever materialized from it.

Pump Scout
10-24-2009, 10:28 AM
.50 will be an option in addition to .68 caliber. There's absolutely no reason to think that the entire industry will abandon .68 in favor of .50. Don't worry, the vast numbers of Mags, Cockers, spools, poppits, and blowbacks are going to be well fed with .68 for a long time.

warbeak2099
10-24-2009, 10:53 AM
That's ONLY if Rich Italia doesn't get his way. Make no mistake, he and the Gardners are going to be pushing for universal 50 cal eventually.

robo1
10-24-2009, 09:12 PM
That's ONLY if Rich Italia doesn't get his way. Make no mistake, he and the Gardners are going to be pushing for universal 50 cal eventually.
Smart Parts and Kingman are both coming out with several new markers, all based on the .50 cal paintball. Previously it was just a few, but now the push is heavier. Part of it is due to airsofts popularity, and a lower impact.

Pump Scout
10-24-2009, 09:18 PM

Sure. It's been tried before, and even by the same parties. The Gardner boys tried the "industry standard" ploy before with Impulse/Ion/NXT/Luxe threads. The rest of the industry didn't bite.

And I'm one of the Mulder types on .50 caliber. I want to believe... but I'm not blind to truth either. If 50 really winds up being better, great. If not, that's cool too.

Frizzle Fry
10-24-2009, 09:30 PM
haven't they pushed 50 cal before? I seem to remember several years ago worrying about the same thing and then nothing ever materialized from it.

.55 caliber was released by PMI in the form of the Maxx55 (Pirhana) and by PCS in the form of the US55 (A5). Both were marketed as cheap field guns with good air efficiency; both flopped so badly that you could buy a marker, tank, and 2 cases of paint in a package for $50 last year.

Want a laugh? A friend of mine was there when Richmond Italia saw the drop tests comparing GI .50cal to .68cal Monster ball... Guess which was more successful? :p

It's a fad and it won't last. Keep in mind that NO company other than GI has produced anything more than a rough prototype of a .50cal system... People blew up about the Ego kit and Jack Wood clarified that they hadn't even planned production yet, let alone made anything more than a rough mockup of a kit.

druid
11-02-2009, 01:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZabfFBZ0bQ&feature=sub

and

http://mcarterbrown.com/50ballistics/

Yes you can argue that lack of chrono showing and other "empirical" testing items were mis-performed [on video] but it shows exactly what I've been saying all along...the .50 cal sucked 20 [well, 15] years ago and it still does.

I rest my case.

fishmishin
11-02-2009, 07:25 AM
It's a fad and it won't last. Keep in mind that NO company other than GI has produced anything more than a rough prototype of a .50cal system... People blew up about the Ego kit and Jack Wood clarified that they hadn't even planned production yet, let alone made anything more than a rough mockup of a kit.

I spoke with Ledz at World Cup and he told me then that the .50 conversion kits would be available for sale in 6 weeks. That sounded like they had plans for production to me.

Don't get me wrong I hope .50 falls on it's face, and I think it will in due time.

SSP-SheiK
11-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Alot of new markers are going to a smaller size .50 cal instead of .68, where is this gonna leave us? Is AGD gonna match this or are mag users going to be truly outdated?

im sorry, did you say outdated? mags will never be "outdated"... poor newb :rolleyes:

JKR
11-03-2009, 09:31 PM
The jury isn't out on the .50 cal debate. They have already deliberated and are ready to sentence...guilty of poor performance.