PDA

View Full Version : Paintball at my friends aunt's house this weekend!

om3n
10-24-2009, 06:52 PM
I almost forgot how much fun woodsball is.... I've been playing recball/speedball for months now at a local field and my friends and I haven't gotten together to play in the woods since the beginning of the summer. Well we tried to get a bunch of us together this weekend, and only 7 people showed up :/ It was still fun though, but more is better when it comes to woodsball.

We decided to play a free for all Gettysburg style tournament (load one round into the chamber of the gun by hand before each shot), and this is what happened. I was playing with my e-mag on mech minus the battery. We had a blast. (I did win the tournament btw :p )

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xyt0qPaCI3g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xyt0qPaCI3g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

xero28
10-25-2009, 12:14 AM
Looks like a good time. Man, it's been about 12 years since I played a game like that. I usually play with a bunch of friends in a river bottom here, we'll have to play a few games like that next time.

Smoothice
10-27-2009, 06:36 PM
I would like to challenge the ruling for Hit #2. Kinda looked like Hit #3 would have had a pretty easy shot on Hit #2 before you did :p

I miss woodsball with my friends playing behind my house. Now it is a 30-60 minute drive and $25 entry... :cry:

om3n
10-27-2009, 10:37 PM
I would like to challenge the ruling for Hit #2. Kinda looked like Hit #3 would have had a pretty easy shot on Hit #2 before you did :p

I miss woodsball with my friends playing behind my house. Now it is a 30-60 minute drive and $25 entry... :cry:

Actually I think that #2 was already out and just trotting out of bounds, but I (thinking he was still in) shot him anyways because his arms weren't in the air signaling he was out :p I did hit him though, so I counted it anyways lol

I love woodsball, it's so nice to just play relaxed with your friends now and again. I plan on hosting another game in 2 weeks or so- everyone had such a great time last Saturday and I'm hoping to get more people next time around.

Seth1784
10-28-2009, 10:30 AM
lol very nicely done. also love woodsball myself, not so big on speedball. i enjoy the slightly slower pace of woods where you can take your time choose your path where ever and just go to town instead of having to rush everywhere you want to go.

zondo
10-28-2009, 10:42 AM
om3n, where in SE michigan? I can't believe this time of year you found a day where it didn't have the fall drizzle. Same gray skies I remember.

om3n
10-28-2009, 04:32 PM
om3n, where in SE michigan? I can't believe this time of year you found a day where it didn't have the fall drizzle. Same gray skies I remember.

Well it was drizzling off and on much of Saturday, but honestly that didn't bother us too much. Usually the guys I play with bring their mechs when we play woodsball, so we don't worry about our guns and equipment getting wet. I live in Belleville, basically between AnnArbor and Detroit, and this area is where much of my paintball is played. There is tons of woods around where I live, and when we have the need for some woodsball we play mostly between my house and my friend's aunt's house (the video), and sometimes we go to other people's houses too but rarely.

Man I can't wait to do this again :) It being mid-terms however I doubt I will be able to for another couple of weeks :rolleyes: