PDA

View Full Version : EMAX valve issues - questions

Adam45
10-25-2009, 11:27 PM
Hi

I have an EMAX valve.

I gasses down the barrel and when I hold the trigger the gas volume increases. I assumed it was the on/off Oring so I pulled out the on/off assembly. I notice the Oring nearest the pin is different. It has an indent around the outside edge and is black in colour.

Is this the proper Oring for this ?

Heres a link to the on/off assembly that is in my valve.

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=399&categoryID=23

I am looking at the picture above and it appears the Oring is different than the one I have ?

Paul

govnamac
10-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Hi

I have an EMAX valve.

I gasses down the barrel and when I hold the trigger the gas volume increases. I assumed it was the on/off Oring so I pulled out the on/off assembly. I notice the Oring nearest the pin is different. It has an indent around the outside edge and is black in colour.

Is this the proper Oring for this ?

Heres a link to the on/off assembly that is in my valve.

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=399&categoryID=23

I am looking at the picture above and it appears the Oring is different than the one I have ?

Paul

If it leaks dpwn the barrel doesn't that mean you need to drop down to a smaller carrier in the level 10 kit?

Adam45
10-26-2009, 12:39 AM
If it leaks dpwn the barrel doesn't that mean you need to drop down to a smaller carrier in the level 10 kit?
Yes I believe it does but if you hold down the trigger after firing and it leaks its the on/off Oring. So I have 2 issues going on. I was just wondering if the Oring was right because the on/off assembly in my X valve is different.

Beemer
10-26-2009, 04:33 AM
Hi

I have an EMAX valve.

I notice the Oring nearest the pin is different. It has an indent around the outside edge and is black in colour.

Is this the proper Oring for this?

Yes....................http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=195&categoryID=24

Adam45
10-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Yes....................http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=195&categoryID=24

Thank you.

maniacmechanic
10-30-2009, 08:51 PM
you may want to check the length on that pin also , sounds like it may have a E Mag on/off in it , if you are running this in a mech , you may not like the E Mag length pin :D :shooting: :shooting: :shooting:

Adam45
10-31-2009, 12:12 AM
you may want to check the length on that pin also , sounds like it may have a E Mag on/off in it , if you are running this in a mech , you may not like the E Mag length pin :D :shooting: :shooting: :shooting:

Ok I think the pin length is the problem.

I bought this valve, on a marker, used. The marker was a Tac-one body on a Pnue'd Inteliframe with AM/MM rail. I was warned it was leaking down the barrel. Therefore I'm not sure what was done to this valve.

I moved it to a ULE body with a different Pnue'd Inteliframe and a AM/MM rail and it has the same leak.

I measured the on/off pin length and I found it is .711" in length. From the following information below I am assuming I need a .750" length pin.

Did I get it right?

E-Mag:

On/Off pin: .712" w/ brass top and double o-ring top.
.725" w/ aluminum top and single o-ring top.

Retro Valve/X-Valve/Classic RT:

On/Off Pin: .750"

Thanks

Adam45
11-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Hi

Is the proper length of On/Off pin .750" for an Emaxx valve on a intelliframe with Am/MM rail ?

maniacmechanic
11-02-2009, 05:52 AM
You can use different on/off pin lengths to get different results in a Mag , I put a 712 in a X valve with a o-ring ( instead of a quad ) & it gets crazy bounce
If you have some different pins experiment , just use a o-ring instead of the quad ring

Adam45
11-02-2009, 03:27 PM
You can use different on/off pin lengths to get different results in a Mag , I put a 712 in a X valve with a o-ring ( instead of a quad ) & it gets crazy bounce
If you have some different pins experiment , just use a o-ring instead of the quad ring

I see. I will take the on/off assembly out of my X valve and see if it makes a big difference. Weekend was pretty busy so I didnt get a chance.

Thanks