PDA

View Full Version : Just a Thought

lil'Greg
10-30-2009, 12:45 AM
With the popularity of pneumags and EPmags growing, has any one thought of making a rail with an integrated EGO/Borg esq asa/ lpr set up. low pressure air can then be transfered from the lp chamber to pneu set ups or ep set ups via an lp hose, same way as the solenoid is fed air on egos and borgs.

only problem would be a fixed asa placement for foregrips. Hp air output would be in a slightly different position then the standard air though asa set ups.

I know it would not really effect pneu set ups, however people with ep set ups would appreciate something like this, i know i would love this for when i plan my ep set up..

i do appreciate the enormity of this kind of fabrication, this is just something i thought of while working today and have been nutting out in my head since.

what do you fine people think of this kind of idea????

Xceolite
10-30-2009, 10:51 AM
I think it is a good idea, but i'm not sure how easy it would be to do.
I have also thought about doing something with the original RT rail. Along the same lines as a mini. Don't think there is enough room.

p8ntbal4me
10-30-2009, 06:37 PM
The problem I ran into when "we" talked about doing something to the effect you speak of was the sear.

No matter how you look at it,.. the sear and body are relevant to one another as far as depth.

So making a thicker rail would be very simple, and a nice place to stash things like boards or a flat noid like the MAC 43xx.

Problem is,... you make the rail thicker,... in height,... which raises the body up, which raises the valve up,.... so the sear must move up as well.

Now the sear arm doesnt stick down as much in to the frame,.. which means if your using something like a ram to activate it,... that ram must be up in the rail as well.

What have you accomplished at this point?

The other thing to remember is that the sear comes up into the body,.. so well over half the rear section of the rail is useless to house other parts. Then you have the twist lock assembly in the front,.. the front body screw,... the rail is a hard part to modify for a few reasons.

If you could somehow change that,... you would have a really unique part worth more than a few dollars.

Try gutting a classic rail,... see what you can do with that!

~ P8nt

kruger
10-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Why not just make the front part of the rail thicker. Stay away from the sear.

Mongoose
10-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Why not just make the front part of the rail thicker. Stay away from the sear.

we have something very similar to this...but our designs are nowhere near done.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
10-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Or you could mill airways into the rail that would run off a vert reg in the front. Something like a LP Palmers. That way you don't have to cram as much into the the frame.

MANN
10-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Mongoose's foregrip is currently the best way to store pneumatics/electronics. I dont like the design at the top (unless you use his body/rail combo), but it is still the most practical currently. I tried many times to stuff the rail with custom made lprs, and custom batteries. The end result was a waste of alot of time and money.

In the end my E automag was still no where as nice as a viking or (insert your favorite electro here)