PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Video Evidence of Gen2 Micro Mag RTing well

Ms54Coupe
11-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Hello everyone.

I have a gen 2 micro mag and have been researching and planning on how I want to build it. I have a few threads on here and have been watching some UT vids. Seems like most people have ULE or RT Classics etc and few people have micro mag videos, let alone RT micro mags.

I want to build my micro mag into a fast RT micro and I really want to see some vids of micros RTing. I noticed that when I fire my micro the trigger pin moves up and down not just straight back and straight forward. I am wondering if this semi sloppy movement in the sear assembly will effect the micro's ability to RT once I get a valve.

Videos will help me get over my suspicion if anyone can link them!

Thanks,

Nate

dark blade
11-02-2009, 01:07 PM
well... i am in the process of building a micromag that i can rt with

this is the only video i can find at the moment

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/AronMsmith1987/MCB%20Gallery/Sold%20Guns/Mechanical/?action=view&current=DSCF0030.flv

they can obviously RT. I don't think your sear is going to affect anything

Frizzle Fry
11-02-2009, 02:41 PM
they can obviously RT. I don't think your sear is going to affect anything

Bodies have NOTHING to do with the R/T effect. It's a matter of using the right length on/off in your valve, with a high enough input pressure, and tuning of your sear pin to the length that'll work best. The fact that it's a Micromag should have no influence on your ability to R/T.

Rudz
11-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Hello everyone.

I have a gen 2 micro mag and have been researching and planning on how I want to build it. I have a few threads on here and have been watching some UT vids. Seems like most people have ULE or RT Classics etc and few people have micro mag videos, let alone RT micro mags.

I want to build my micro mag into a fast RT micro and I really want to see some vids of micros RTing. I noticed that when I fire my micro the trigger pin moves up and down not just straight back and straight forward. I am wondering if this semi sloppy movement in the sear assembly will effect the micro's ability to RT once I get a valve.

Videos will help me get over my suspicion if anyone can link them!

Thanks,

Nate

I believe that due to the bodies, micromags and emicros work best with a shorter on/off pin

P8ntball4me has a couple. E micros that spray paint like its free, anyone at tunaball 1 can attest to his high rof, I know thers a pik of me and my gun covered in green field paint after trying to bunker someone who was in the snake

MANN
11-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Bodies have NOTHING to do with the R/T effect. It's a matter of using the right length on/off in your valve, with a high enough input pressure, and tuning of your sear pin to the length that'll work best. The fact that it's a Micromag should have no influence on your ability to R/T.
yes and no. micormag bodies are different than agd spec bodies so it is not always as easy. It is doable tho.

Rudz
11-02-2009, 03:19 PM
yes and no. micormag bodies are different than agd spec bodies so it is not always as easy. It is doable tho.

Exactly

Ptp and agd don't always have the same exact specs

Frizzle Fry
11-02-2009, 03:36 PM

I suppose...

I mean, I've set up all of my Micromags by (educated) experimentation with different on/off lengths and got it to work. I know if you're running a ULE body and RT/P rail you can just look up the proper pin length and input pressure on a forum and from there very little tuning is needed, but the same really isn't true of a classic body and rail combo with an X-valve, which took me about the same amount of time as a Micromag to set up for a propper RT effect.

I guess a Micromag is harder to set up because there isn't a stickied document on what specs work best for specific generations of Micromag?

xero28
11-02-2009, 03:38 PM
I believe that due to the bodies, micromags and emicros work best with a shorter on/off pin

This was my situation. I don't have the micro anymore, but when I did, I was having problems with it even firing until I shaved a bit off of the on/off pin. It RT'd pretty well with a standard preset tank.

MANN
11-02-2009, 04:34 PM
I guess a Micromag is harder to set up because there isn't a stickied document on what specs work best for specific generations of Micromag?

There is not any info on it. stickied or not.

maniacmechanic
11-02-2009, 05:49 PM
I suppose...

I mean, I've set up all of my Micromags by (educated) experimentation with different on/off lengths and got it to work. I know if you're running a ULE body and RT/P rail you can just look up the proper pin length and input pressure on a forum and from there very little tuning is needed, but the same really isn't true of a classic body and rail combo with an X-valve, which took me about the same amount of time as a Micromag to set up for a propper RT effect.

I have found this ( RED ) to be true in almost all instance's when I mix & match bodies & rails , expecially non AGD parts or parts that have been ULE'd to the max
IMHO there is NO magic setup with aftermarket parts
I even have Valves that just RT better than others
IMHO thats one of the fun ( sometimes frustrating ) things about Mag's

ThaBobsta
11-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Give me a little while (2 days) I will get a video of mine going, your looking for a ptp micromag 2k right?

Frizzle Fry
11-02-2009, 09:42 PM
I have found this ( RED ) to be true in almost all instance's when I mix & match bodies & rails , expecially non AGD parts or parts that have been ULE'd to the max
IMHO there is NO magic setup with aftermarket parts
I even have Valves that just RT better than others
IMHO thats one of the fun ( sometimes frustrating ) things about Mag's

My point exactly... The "magic setup" that gets tossed around is, at best, only really useful (a) if you have bone stock R/T ULE or Tac One and a 900-1200 psi tank output or (b) as a jumping off point for further tuning. There is no magical combination of items that can be thrown in a mag, gassed up, and garuntee'd to R/T immediately.

I agree; like any marker it'll take fine-tuning to be "perfect" no matter what "perfect" means to you. The fun is just as much in making it perfect as it is in playing; most people only play every few weeks or even every few months, so what's the appeal? Tinkering, fooling around, upgrading, downgrading, maintaining, hypothesizing and experimenting.

There is not any info on it. stickied or not.

In relation to Micromags, no.

There is a fairly generally agreed upon combination of 900+ tank output, .712 emag pin and a quad O-ring... That gets tossed around a lot.

I personally have had good luck with the .712 pin (though it wasn't right on my TacOne, I needed a longer one) and I've NEVER seen the need for the quad O-ring on any of my markers except my Micro2000; I used to always order one when I set up a new R/T-valved mag an never end up needing it. That's why I have 4 of them in my parts kit...

Overall the best way to get a solid R/T effect in my book is experimentation with those guidlines as your jumping off point. Having a good amount of air around for tuning purposes is very helpful, and even if you only own one mag having different on/off options and o-ring options is a great thing.

Ms54Coupe
11-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Give me a little while (2 days) I will get a video of mine going, your looking for a ptp micromag 2k right?

I am looking for video of an old Micro Gen 2 (threaded barrel) which has been upgraded with rt/x/or emag valve.

I would like to see one of these mags really rippin RT effect because so far I can only find vids of mini or auto mags RTing

ThaBobsta
11-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Well, Hopefully mine is the one you want, it is a micro mag 2k with an emag valve.

dark blade
11-03-2009, 11:15 AM
here was the break down of barrels as i had found on here earlier yesterday

Gen1 = Fixed barrel, no wing, no foregrip, powerfeed.

Gen1.5 = Cocker barrel, no wing, no foregrip, powerfeed.

Gen2 = Cocker threaded, no wing, foregrip, powerfeed.

Gen3 = Cocker threaded, wing, foregrip, powerfeed.

Gen4 = Cocker threaded, wing, foregrip, centerfeed.

Gen5 = MM2k9

he needs the one in red (the one in the video i posted)

Ms54Coupe
11-03-2009, 01:39 PM

Thats correct :cheers:

Frizzle Fry
11-03-2009, 03:07 PM
I am looking for video of an old Micro Gen 2 (threaded barrel) which has been upgraded with rt/x/or emag valve.

I would like to see one of these mags really rippin RT effect because so far I can only find vids of mini or auto mags RTing

I really don't know why you need a video of this :confused:

Plenty of people (myself included) use Gen2 Micromags with X-valves or R/T valves and get them to R/T... The only thing that some Gen2 Micros need is a little sanding in the breech so that the lvl10 doesn't get hung up but even then that would not just effect your ability to R/T but your ability to use the marker at all with any lvl10-equipped valve that you put in there.

If you're having trouble getting your marker to R/T, it's probably not because it's a Gen2 Micromag. More likely it's just that you (and 95% of players using automags, myself included until someone showed me how) need some help getting it set up properly. It's been said several times in this thread; there's no magic setup, just experimentation with a good knowlege of what needs to be tweaked, tuned and installed. Until you have that knowlege you might as well have one hand tied behind your back when you're trying to tune your marker.

This thread might be a good jumping off point: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246512

Rudz
11-03-2009, 03:11 PM
I gots some automagic

Ms54Coupe
11-03-2009, 04:11 PM
I really don't know why you need a video of this :confused:

Plenty of people (myself included) use Gen2 Micromags with X-valves or R/T valves and get them to R/T... The only thing that some Gen2 Micros need is a little sanding in the breech so that the lvl10 doesn't get hung up but even then that would not just effect your ability to R/T but your ability to use the marker at all with any lvl10-equipped valve that you put in there.

If you're having trouble getting your marker to R/T, it's probably not because it's a Gen2 Micromag. More likely it's just that you (and 95% of players using automags, myself included until someone showed me how) need some help getting it set up properly. It's been said several times in this thread; there's no magic setup, just experimentation with a good knowlege of what needs to be tweaked, tuned and installed. Until you have that knowlege you might as well have one hand tied behind your back when you're trying to tune your marker.

This thread might be a good jumping off point: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246512

If so many people have gen 2s that RT well then why cant I find any vids on you tube or here showing it? It is not that I don't believe it I just would like to see some and I did not realize that was so much to ask. I do not even have an RT valve for mine yet so part of my request is just out of anticipation.

Frizzle Fry
11-03-2009, 04:39 PM
If so many people have gen 2s that RT well then why cant I find any vids on you tube or here showing it? It is not that I don't believe it I just would like to see some and I did not realize that was so much to ask. I do not even have an RT valve for mine yet so part of my request is just out of anticipation.

Probably because most people over the age of 25 don't put videos on YouTube, and the marker was released 15+ years ago...

How many videos of Gen2 Micromags are there on YouTube anyway? How many videos of Micromags in general? Or even of just R/T tuned automags? If you take into consideration just how many automags are out there and what (small) percentage of them are Micromags? Then, out of all the Micromags, what (also small) percentage of them are Gen2?

The lack of evidence is not the evidence of lack, ESPECIALLY when your only source of "evidence" is YouTube videos. :rolleyes:

Ms54Coupe
11-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Probably because most people over the age of 25 don't put videos on YouTube, and the marker was released 15+ years ago...

How many videos of Gen2 Micromags are there on YouTube anyway? How many videos of Micromags in general? Or even of just R/T tuned automags? If you take into consideration just how many automags are out there and what (small) percentage of them are Micromags? Then, out of all the Micromags, what (also small) percentage of them are Gen2?

The lack of evidence is not the evidence of lack, ESPECIALLY when your only source of "evidence" is YouTube videos. :rolleyes:

Where else would paintball videos be posted? I just recently purchased a micro after being away from the sport for about 10 years. When I was playing paintball the RT was state of the art, I got out of the sport shortly after.

Recently I began becoming more interested in the sport again and since I was always a Mag fan figured I would pickup another micro...so I did.

Now the guns which were cool or top of the line have become antiques in the sport. I stick by mags and put more on the player than the gun anyway. I started searching youtube for micromags but came up with pretty much nothing (besides a guy with a video of a micro which he does not fire).

If there are no videos then so be it but if there are then I would like to see them thats all.

:cry:

Ando
11-03-2009, 06:25 PM
http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/AronMsmith1987/MCB%20Gallery/Sold%20Guns/Mechanical/?action=view&current=DSCF0030.flv

No paint but it's RT'ing.

ThaBobsta
11-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Just made the video, now to get it on youtube....

MANN
11-04-2009, 08:11 AM

Gen1 = Fixed barrel, no wing, no foregrip, powerfeed.

Gen1.5 = Cocker barrel, no wing, no foregrip, powerfeed.

Gen3 = Cocker threaded, wing, foregrip, powerfeed.

Gen4 = Cocker threaded, wing, foregrip, centerfeed.

Gen5 = MM2k9

You are missing at least one version.

Rudz
11-04-2009, 04:21 PM
You are missing at least one version.

miscro E? :ninja:

Frizzle Fry
11-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Gen1 Barrel: Fixed Detent: Bolt-On Forgrip: N/A Feedneck: Powerfeed

G 1.5 Barrel: Cocker Detent: Bolt-On Forgrip: N/A Feedneck: Powerfeed

Gen2 Barrel: Cocker Detent: Bolt-On Forgrip: ASA Feedneck: Powerfeed

Gen3 Barrel: Cocker Detent: Milled Forgrip: ASA Feedneck: Powerfeed

Gen4 Barrel: Cocker Detent: Milled Forgrip: ASA or Grip Feedneck: Powerfeed

Gen5 Barrel: Cocker Detent: Milled Forgrip: ASA or Grip Feedneck: STO

M2k9 Barrel: Cocker Detent: Cocker Forgrip: Gadget or Emag Feedneck: Angel

Rudz
11-04-2009, 04:31 PM
he IS the micromag guy...

Frizzle Fry
11-04-2009, 04:32 PM
he IS the micromag guy...

Sorry for the wait... Colors seemed to help :cool:

Rudz
11-04-2009, 04:38 PM
i like colors :rofl:

Flatliner333
11-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Just think Coupe you could be the first to post a vid of a Micro RT'ing on Youtube...just sayin. :shooting:

Ms54Coupe
11-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Just think Coupe you could be the first to post a vid of a Micro RT'ing on Youtube...just sayin. :shooting:

It will be awhile before I get my micro RTing :cry:

Ms54Coupe
11-04-2009, 09:21 PM
What I am afraid of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryII_1_kXXE

Ando
11-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Dude your like a grumpy old man. Just buy on of the many $100 RT valve in the BST, a 1200 psi adj tank and your golden.

BiNumber3
11-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Trigger frames also have an effect on how easily you RT, I find double trigger frames to work better than single. Benchies I have never gotten to RT single or double.

The best frame for RT'ing I've ever used was a Shocker frame I modified, it was hard not to RT with that, using 850psi output regs, pmi, crossfire and myths

Frizzle Fry
11-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Dude your like a grumpy old man. Just buy on of the many $100 RT valve in the BST, a 1200 psi adj tank and your golden.

:hail:

Konigballer
11-05-2009, 12:17 AM
For the record, I use a single trigger Benchy with my RT valved Minimag/MaxFlo reg combo and it RT's fantastically around 1000psi, so it is definately possible with a Benchy single.

However, the guy's video notes state clearly that his input pressure is 900psi! Your average RT/X-valve is not going to get into full 'RT' mode until you up your input pressure to 1000psi+.

Ms54Coupe
11-05-2009, 08:15 AM

I am a grumpy old man!

And I am buying an E Mag valve today!

soon none of you should have to put up with my grumpyness :clap:

Flatliner333
11-05-2009, 09:02 AM
When you get it together we better see a video. I did the same thing when i was deciding how to rig up my Mags I went to Youtube and looked for videos. I still look on there hoping for new video of Automag greatness. " We need more cowbell"...I mean video.
:cheers:

Ms54Coupe
11-05-2009, 09:11 AM
When you get it together we better see a video. I did the same thing when i was deciding how to rig up my Mags I went to Youtube and looked for videos. I still look on there hoping for new video of Automag greatness. " We need more cowbell"...I mean video.
:cheers:

I do the same thing...there are some NASTY mags on there but we should certinaly add to the selections

:bounce:

Flatliner333
11-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Here be mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J2fltuKYyE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84VJTrtYAiY

Ms54Coupe
11-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Here be mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J2fltuKYyE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84VJTrtYAiY

Youtube is blocked at my work :mad:

Ill watch vids when I get home though...

FYI I sent payment to sea chip (Sean) two minutes ago and will have an E Mag valve as soon as he ships :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ThaBobsta
11-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Wow I cannot for the life of me get this to convert to the right format for youtube I do not think that .VOB's I can upload....

Ms54Coupe
03-26-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm open for more vids...just bought another tank and it came with a max flow so I'll hopefully have my emag valve/lvl 10 up and running soon! still need a rail and drop forward then I need to run a line from the reg to my gas thru fore grip. then I'll be done and its time to tune the valve!