PDA

View Full Version : Build an RT Mag or go with a cheaper electro...help me decide!

TeaQue
11-03-2009, 07:18 PM
I recently put together this mag but I want to get more out of it.
http://www.gonrad.com/200910/img_2940.jpg

My situation is this: I play woodsball the majority of the time. I just recently got back into Paintball and picked up an SP-1 which now has a T2W stock, Blackheart board, and shoots through an All-American as well as a Furious Lotus (that I haven't even played with yet...) It has several firing modes, eyes, its quiet, etc. Overall its a great gun.
http://www.gonrad.com/200911/img_2944.jpg

The thing is, I've never cared for the sight picture I get with this gun because of the Mil-Sim shroud/body. I'm WAY more accurate with the Mag. My first shot with the SP-1 is always off a tad and I have to adjust. I just really like aiming down the body/barrel of a mag.

SO. My question is this. I love the mag I have now but its just stupid to have a Chrome gun for woodsball :D

My goal is to have an all black gun. I already have a flat black Benchmark double trigger frame on the way and I plan on either selling this current mag or just selling all the chrome parts and finding a black body. I REALLY want to get an RT valve. I've never even shot one but after seeing a ton of youtube videos I've decided I should at least look into it :D

Can I build an Automag RT for $300? The reason I say $300 is because at that price point I can pick up something like an Invert Mini. From what I'm reading, I'm going to need to pick up an adjustable reg too? I don't need the mag to shoot 20bps....I just want it to shoot faster in general.

Help me out!!

TeaQue
11-03-2009, 07:21 PM
And no I didn't put that stupid maglight on there--the previous owner did.

However, being the tinkerer that I am, I upgraded it with a Terralux 140 lumen LED drop-in :rolleyes:

Smoothice
11-03-2009, 07:35 PM
if all you want is it to shoot faster then get an rt valve and an adjustable reg. DONE.

If you want a "woodsball" gun on the cheap the go to home depot and buy a can of spray paint. Done.

If you decide you want to go back to chrome it is a a quick bath in paint thinner away.

You CAN rt a single trigger.

TeaQue
11-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Well the chrome body, grip, lapco barrel, are all brand new. Surely someone else would want some near mint chrome body parts......

I think thats what I'm going to do for now. Piece out the body parts, mate the new grip frame I have coming with the old ****ty looking body for the time being and pick up an RT valve.

Does the RT valve shoot differently just going from a classic valve to the RT valve? It may be awhile before I pick up an adjustable reg so I'll just be using my PMI 48/3000

Smoothice
11-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Theres a good chance you could get some rt effect with 800 psi. Just may take some practice.

TeaQue
11-03-2009, 07:54 PM
What other mods can I look into to make this gun shoot faster?

Anything with the Sear? Untill recently, the last time I had an Automag, the RT and the Micromag were the only "higher-end" Mags availiable :tard:

TeaQue
11-03-2009, 08:04 PM
How much do you think I can realistically get for the following?

Chrome powerfeed body
Chrome Benchmark 45 fram
Lapco Bigshot
Stock Classic Valve assembly

I'd list it all on here but I have no idea how to price it :confused:

I listed it on Craiglist for $275 (is that High?) and I've had a couple of bites in the last day but no offers.

rseb4agze
11-03-2009, 08:21 PM
How much do you think I can realistically get for the following?

Chrome powerfeed body
Chrome Benchmark 45 fram
Lapco Bigshot
Stock Classic Valve assembly

I'd list it all on here but I have no idea how to price it :confused:

I listed it on Craiglist for $275 (is that High?) and I've had a couple of bites in the last day but no offers.

Chrome pf body $20-$30
Chrome Benchmark Frame $20-$35
Lapco Bigshot $25-$35
Classic valve $40-$55

$275 for your set up is kinda high.. But it is a nice looking mag.. You know what you could do is maybe put a for trade add.. I'm sure there are members here that might want to trade there black parts for you chrome ones..

TeaQue
11-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Chrome pf body $20-$30
Chrome Benchmark Frame $20-$35
Lapco Bigshot $25-$35
Classic valve $40-$55

$275 for your set up is kinda high.. But it is a nice looking mag.. You know what you could do is maybe put a for trade add.. I'm sure there are members here that might want to trade there black parts for you chrome ones..
Good to know. I'll make a thread in the FS forum :)

Mongoose
11-03-2009, 08:57 PM
What other mods can I look into to make this gun shoot faster?

Anything with the Sear? Untill recently, the last time I had an Automag, the RT and the Micromag were the only "higher-end" Mags availiable :tard:

You have many options.

Pneumag
Electro Pneumag
Egomag
Sydermag
ect....

Skies the limit :cheers:

TeaQue
11-03-2009, 09:09 PM
You have many options.

Pneumag
Electro Pneumag
Egomag
Sydermag
ect....

Skies the limit :cheers:
Actually my wallet is the limit :p

I'm going to start with selling my parts, adding an RT valve, and going from there. I may or may not sell my SP-1 in the process :D

rseb4agze
11-03-2009, 09:26 PM
There is a guy selling Rt valve on mcarterbrown.com that would be interested in a classic valve as trade in value.. Here's the link

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/mechanical-semi-autos/97567-eclipse-rt-pro-mag.html

MicroB
11-09-2009, 10:12 PM
GO RT!

I have not posted until recent I have been a member since the first AGD Forum. I was a sponsored player for a couple of teams and I have owned near every marker possible. I had one of the original e-mags ( after they were stolen, another story). I have always come back to Mags. I still kick myself for selling my tuna mag. I am looking to get back into the sport and was asking myself the same question for about 10 seconds. Once you go mag you never go back, well you might cheat yourself for a little while but you'll be back. Low end electros do not compare to the quality and intimacy a mag provides. An RT you can feel... an electro you just shoot. Every mag I have owned has had a personalty. Whats not to like about a marker that requires no batteries that can shame an electro in the right hands! The electro will be cheaper in the short run but you can say you built your RT and made it your own. What other marker gives you so many ways to customize (not just ano)? With an electro anyone can have a marker just like yours for the money. Not so with a Mag. Build the RT and the only thing you'll regret is selling it... and then you'll build your next one...

DeuceSV
11-10-2009, 04:46 AM
Personally I think you should just slay woodsball players with the mag the way it is.

Whats not to love about your enemies being able to see the pain that is being rained upon them. KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS ITS GORGEOUS

MicroB
11-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Personally I think you should just slay woodsball players with the mag the way it is.

Whats not to love about your enemies being able to see the pain that is being rained upon them. KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS ITS GORGEOUS

WHAT HE SAID!

BiNumber3
11-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Plus, you must realize, chromed out markers can be used to blind your enemy before you start firing:D

XM15
11-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Keep the chrome mag its not a big deal for woodsball. I played with my chrome and blue minimag for more than 10+ years in the woods for tournys and rec. ball never once was I told my chrome gun was what gave me away. It was always the stream of paint I was putting out.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb80/Bzrkr21/th_DSCN5299.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb80/Bzrkr21/?action=view&current=DSCN5299.jpg)

kurtisqpublic
11-11-2009, 06:12 AM
Keep the chrome mag its not a big deal for woodsball. I played with my chrome and blue minimag for more than 10+ years in the woods for tournys and rec. ball never once was I told my chrome gun was what gave me away. It was always the stream of paint I was putting out.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb80/Bzrkr21/th_DSCN5299.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb80/Bzrkr21/?action=view&current=DSCN5299.jpg)

Man! Always loved that minimag. And for the record it was the stream of paint and the yelling of "porkchop" that gave you away! ;) :D

TeaQue
11-11-2009, 07:34 PM
GO RT!

I have not posted until recent I have been a member since the first AGD Forum. I was a sponsored player for a couple of teams and I have owned near every marker possible. I had one of the original e-mags ( after they were stolen, another story). I have always come back to Mags. I still kick myself for selling my tuna mag. I am looking to get back into the sport and was asking myself the same question for about 10 seconds. Once you go mag you never go back, well you might cheat yourself for a little while but you'll be back. Low end electros do not compare to the quality and intimacy a mag provides. An RT you can feel... an electro you just shoot. Every mag I have owned has had a personalty. Whats not to like about a marker that requires no batteries that can shame an electro in the right hands! The electro will be cheaper in the short run but you can say you built your RT and made it your own. What other marker gives you so many ways to customize (not just ano)? With an electro anyone can have a marker just like yours for the money. Not so with a Mag. Build the RT and the only thing you'll regret is selling it... and then you'll build your next one...
I get exactly what you're saying.

I played an all day scenario last weekend and split my time 50/50 with my Mag and SP-1. I have an intelliframe I picked up and I used a non-powerfeed right body so I wouldn't screw up all the chrome and I finished the game with two thoughts.

1. DAMN this thing is heavy compared to my SP1 on a remote :rofl:
2, DAMN this thing shoots nice. :cool:

I had several people check out the mag and ask me about it and not a single person looked twice at my SP1.

I just sold the mag today but theres a reason I kept the intelliframe ;)

Maybe I'll sell my SP1 and pick up an X-valve and ULE body. I'm not entirely sure as to what I'm going to do but I doubt I'll be without another mag for more than a week.