PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be Classic RT owner, got a couple ??

xero28
11-04-2009, 02:06 AM
So I traded for this Classic RT shown below (Pic from FutureMagOwner)

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2605/1000143q.jpg

I've had a Mag since '96, but this will be the first Classic RT that I have even handled, let alone owned, and I just have a couple of questions.

First off, checking the AGD website, it says that you're supposed to have a different kind of intelliframe for the Classic RTs. What's the difference? Would I be able to put on another type of trigger frame? Or is there some kind of modification that needs to be made? I probably won't change the frame on there for now, I'd like to leave it pretty much stock, but just in case I change my mind in the future.

Secondly, I notice that there is no hole for a foregrip on the rail, is this because the forgrip is supposed to attach to the metal bracket thing that is usually there? Could I just drill a hole/channel to accept a foregrip? Or does anyone know where I could pick up a bracket/foregrip for cheap?

I think that's it for now. I'll probably have a couple more questions when it gets here and I get a chance to play around with it. Looking forward to having some Classic goodness in my garage. This will leave me with a total of 3 mags. A ULE X-valved, a 68AutoMag, and the Classic RT. Now I'll have a couple to loan to my buddies that all play with Tippmanns and Spyders to show them what a real paintball gun is like. :shooting:

Thanks in advance.

bishop*ru
11-04-2009, 02:21 AM
I think what they mean about the different frame is that the Rt classic frames have a larger rear bolt hole, for the banjo. notice that the air hose is connected to the rail and not directly to the valve. you are right about the foregrip, it attaches to front rail. i think there is a set for sail on the bst forum. if im not mistaken fishmishin is selling a set of front foregrip rail and sight rail. nice snag :clap:

Gadget
11-04-2009, 02:23 AM
The classic RT needs a frame with a larger rear screw hole - as they used a banjo bolt to transfer air from the rail to valve, rather than having a normal field strip screw.

I would have thought you could modify a 'normal' grip frame for the RT by drilling out the hole slightly.

Front grip would normally attach to a bracket which bolts to the sides of the rail. Should be able to drill the rail to fit one directly.

Edit: doh, beaten to it :)

wetwrks
11-04-2009, 02:35 AM
I would have thought you could modify a 'normal' grip frame for the RT by drilling out the hole slightly.

You can. Do a bit of research around here and there is a thread on how to do it. :)

Watcher
11-04-2009, 02:45 AM
IIRC there is a hole pre-drilled in the rail. if you put a punch to it, the hole should pop out for a vert ASA to be attached.

I could be mistaken though, as I traded off my RT classic in leu of it's big brother the Pro, so I haven't handled one since last may.

Ando
11-04-2009, 09:26 AM
You can basically get any mag frame and if not already setup for a classic RT you can drill the pre existing hole to mount it. Your best bet is getting a benchmark double trigger. Majority of them are already drilled to use for a classic RT you just need to pop the bushing out.

If you already have a grip tho. Mic out the banjo bolt and find yourself a drill bit that's no more then .005 difference.. Closer you have it the better. Like anything, don't go right to the size drill bit for the banjo bolt. Drill it out in increments and you won't mess up the grip. Chances are if you go right to the size, your hole will be cocked and you'll have to drill a little more to fit it.

This guy has the forgrip rail you need. I'm about 95% sure you can just drill into the front of the rail and install a normal front grip. The air channel doesn't go that far down. It's been a while since I had a classic myself but if my memory serves me. I've seen a classic RT with the rail drilled before. Again...I'm not to sure. Not to many peeps have them anymore. Drill at your own risk. :rolleyes:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2671437#post2671437

xero28
11-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I forgot about the larger banjo bolt and the reason for the different frame needed. I think I've also found a bracket and asa that will work. OPBN is selling them http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246459, but he has them listed as "RT Pro bracket and asa", will these (mainly the bracket) fit the Classic RT rail?

BiNumber3
11-04-2009, 01:23 PM
it'll fit, tho I think the classic bracket and sight rails looked a lot nicer